Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAn5TRz_2g

This seemed to net me 10-20fps on my 3080 founders edition at 1440 with no decrease in quality. The geforce experience settings ran fineish before I changed over.

You are not going to get 144 fps, but I think it runs better than cyberpunk so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Noirex posted:

For all it's issues, the game can get incredibly creepy and heart pounding. Esp with raytracing on, certain zones are so eerie and atmospheric, like a 28 Days Later horror movie. The art and environmental artists all did an awesome job.
:hmmyes: I found myself actually freaking out and getting scared/jump scared and I am very resistant to that!
Looks great on my setup!

Mayman10 posted:

Yeah the second area is the downtown area and it's pretty different from the first. You can get through the story missions needed to get there pretty quickly.
I wish I would have bee lined to the 2nd area quicker, so much frustrated flailing at the start.
Edit: also unlock as many safe zones as you can in case you trigger a howler or to prevent so much retreading the same ground.
There were several combat and non combat sections I died an embarrassing amount of times, but there isn't really a penalty so.. :shrug:

I crashed once on day one and haven't had any bugs since.

The only thing that's really pissed me off is when I dodge a 2 handed power attack and it shows me being like 4 foot clear and I was still getting hit by the concussion or air pressure or some bullshit. I guess it makes sense with the giant zombie when it's a ground pound, but some of the humans hit me with some bullshit I was well clear of on my screen.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

When's a good time to take a break from the main story and go faffing off on side stuff?

Kagrenac posted:

After the watertower and after getting to the 2ed area.
This is around where I am and I agree, once you get fast travel unlocked you can farm some areas.
Some youtube I watched said farm some military drops and POI's so you can upgrade that hang glider. It kinda sucks at level 1 (still better than not having it though)

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

sebmojo posted:

i find that run in, hit twice, jump back twice, nearly always avoids the shockwave.
You can pretty reliably dark souls the big guys and stab them in the booty on the opposite side of their weapon, just watch for the 180° attack

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I can't find the article, but all the ultraviolet lights make me think of the incident on the movie blade where they bought some Russian surplus ultraviolet lights that looked really cool, but the actors started getting damaged skin and eyes.