Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Trollologist posted:

RIP to the Bad Guy, he's going over in eternity now.

With a lot of things in this thread, this is going to take a pinch of speculation, a fistful of logic, and bit of history.

BUT! If you manage all that, you too can be the next Undertaker.

Taker has so few title runs because in the words of Vince, Cornette and most any booker he never needed it, he was 'like Andre' -- the belt was almost beneath him was the perspective. Also why when he had the belt he would drag it around, whats a zombie want with a drat belt. no need to put it on someone like that when you can use it to elevate new draws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think the canadian mafia killed Dino, of all the mafias to get killed by

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Anytime Sid comes up i know that gif of his leg snapping in god drat half is getting posted and quoted for pages, i've seen legs snap but that was the snappiest leg snap that ever snapped

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

I just remembered this but didn't Warrior and Lowtax/Leonard Crabs have some kind of internet feud way back?

Also, I'm enjoying these long write ups a lot but am confused about something. The way the writer(s) describe the matches reads like the outcome is almost always in doubt and that there is actually some level of skill and competition determining who wins and loses. Is that just for narrative effect or do the guys often decide in match who's going to take the loss, how, who's going to interfere, etc?

Are any of these matches really determined by moves and how much actual damage wrestlers inflict? I mean, besides obvious things like injuries. I know that a lot of times they'll whisper or signal to each other "suplex, arm bar" or whatever but I always thought that matches were like 95% a kind of choreographed dance. Is that not true?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.

they dabbled with shoot matches here and there but they always end up bad. example Butterbean a fat boxer won by knocking out some guy in 30 seconds (the guy got fired). There was a segment where Kurt Angle was humiliating trainees by slapping then around but one of the trainees (Daniel puder, an actual cage fighter) got him locked into a submission and almost broke Kurts arm, etc

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Who plays Vince in a movie?

Tom Cruise

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ministry of darkness was fun uintil the mcmahons decided like they always do with anything popular that what the fans really want is a lot of fuckin mcmahons on tv

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
get the f out

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a Dragon Ball plot or two. Though I have said a few times that shonen anime and wrestling are drat near the same thing but for the limitations of the medium. Also pretty sure there's shitloads of fandom overlap.

I thought it was Superman 2

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
that Taker pyro incident has its own little saga, fan video of accident (starts at about .25) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wARqMv5d5pQ

Chris Jerichos perspective from the ring and backstage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gANwwv2NoW0

Theres more backstory like the pyro guy was previously talked to about his lovely timing and placement, and he still almost killed him

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dusty had a big bruise on his jiggly belly that never healed like the storm on jupiter

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

TheSwizzler posted:

Everything about Glacier, a guy they invented to make action figures of and spent a mint on a laser light show entrance for, that they then jobbed to the low card and never made an action figure of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB3C0fflMxQ

Glacier was lethal in WCW NWO Revenge, he could hit his finisher 5 times before the special meter ran out

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
you cant talk vince wanting wrestlers in horror movies without mentioning the one where kane is a jason knockoff with an 18 inch penis i dont know

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
yar fard

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cm punk throws alot of hissy fits for a fella acts like he's better than everyone

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
its stupid to go off script on a scripted show when you clearly cant pull it off,

its stupid to respond to that by going even more off script and ranting like a lunatic with the owner of the business sitting next to you,

its stupid to gather your friends and go confront that person who is obviously pissed off and looking for a fight, and then pretend to be surprised that a fight breaks out,

its stupid to expect two emotional garbage idiots who hate each other to trust each other in a fake fight where real poo poo goes wrong in them all the time

its all stupid, wrestling is stupid,

If i was ranking them though I think trying to sell the confrontation as a good idea with good intentions is the stupidest - come loving on. 'hey guys hes really pissed off so lets gather everyone hes mad at and go to his locker room and oh god hes hitting me ow but whyy'

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Brocks into piss games

that's not surprising, I don't know why.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Remember when cm punk beat the whole SHIELD 1 vs 3?

remember when shield was good. and fueding with the wyatts. I member.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

AlmightyBob posted:

that was a decade ago, multiple people mentioned are dead

and ?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wwe has done them with kane and undertaker and they always sucked

taker said they couldn't breath during those stupid matches because the fire was sucking up basically all of the oxygen (and kane was sucking up the rest! :razz: )

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Plan Z posted:

Rock's acting problem is that it feels like he's against playing a character with flaws or weaknesses. Other wrestlers-turned-actors and even famous action stars with dwindling star power have this problem as well.

Cena works because he's willing to play characters like Peacemaker where he's willing to have range and look the fool once in a while. Batista, Roddy (at least for his stint on Always Sunny), and Andre have this going for them, too. I'll even go to bat for Kevin Nash to an extent.

That's not the Rocks problem. Early in his career, his character in that John Travolta movie (get shorty, or something adjacent to it), was a gay bodyguard. Which (while obviously not a flaw) is fairly against type, or was at the time. He also got beat up by Travoltas character.

In the Mark Whalberg movie 'Pain & Gain', Rock played a blithering idiot.

In 'The Other Guys', Rock and his partner Sam Jackson are killed early by their own stupidity.

Also even in matches, Rock never had that complex of 'I must go over' like the other big egos. In fact Rock got beat up and took more losses than almost any other babyface or #1 in the company that I can remember. He just stayed popular as gently caress because he was funny and cool. Not because he never lost.

I don't know what Rocks major issue is but it's not being afraid to look silly or make fun of himself. That's more a Vin Deisel or Steven Seagal thing.

One problem I have is that I've never seen Rock have convincing chemistry with a romantic partner in anything, ever. I have theories on this but since I kind of always liked Rock, I just chalk it up to a lack of dramatic range.

Terry Funk got thrown through a glass door by Stallone in the arm wrestling movie 'Over the Top'. I think it was him.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I heard that about Vin Diesel when they had the spat, if he's doing it now too then that's a shame

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

snergle posted:

hes changed and his ego is alot bigger now. he literally tried to start a coup at warner bros and being unsucessful at this has basically relegated him to the fast and furious franchise where 1/2 the cast hates him.

i cant confirm this but im like 100% certain jumanji two got made because everyone was making GBS threads on rock and kevin heart and cooing over jack black. watch them back to back and you will see jack blacks character toned way the gently caress down and put in the back and rock and kevin do a character instead of just playing themselves which was the main complaint everyone had about them in the first one.

Jumanji 2 got made because their Jumanji 1 made a billion dollars and not making a sequel would have been setting money on fire

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

titties posted:

I kind of liked The Rundown tbh

It was a good movie. Well-directed cinematography for sure, there are a few specific shots I remember, like when the camera is following a group being chased, and then zooms way out to a satellite-height, then zooms back in to the part of the jungle with the chasing party. Good performances, inventive action. I'm surprised he never pursued a franchise with THAT movie.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sting was the smartest about it he saw how vince treated the top WCW talent and tried to avoid going there unfortunately TNA was the only alternative and after that folded he finally went to WWE where the expected happened and he lost to HHH and got injured

Seth rollins and that dumb rear end powerbomb into the turnbuckle, which I don't understand exactly what the process is supposed to be to take that bump safely.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jamesman posted:

Today I learned that JR used to piss himself while doing commentary because Vince didn't want commentators leaving their stations.

That puts a whole new spin on some of JRs more legendary calls

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah sugar glass is easily distinguishable from real glass. I see it in low budget action movies all the time

there was a match with Kurt Angle and Shane where the glass famously refused to break, Kurt had to drop Shane on his head to get him through a few times. That glass was confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cornwind Evil posted:

That's a misleading statement, to be pedantic. He didn't drop Shane on his head to get through the glass, he tried to belly to belly suplex toss Shane through what he THOUGHT was rigged glass and when it didn't break, Shane landed on his head. Watch Angle after it happens twice: he adjusts to try and catch Shane on the way down because he's clued in things have gone bad, and he abandons the idea of the suplex at the end and just throws Shane through the glass, which isn't much better but hey, heat of the moment.

That's a fair correction. In the course of events, there was unintentional but repeated dropping of Shane McMahon on his head.