Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

gleebster posted:

The alarm's at the other side of the room. Also, I gotta take a piss.

Destroy alarm. Wear diaper to bed. Problem solved.

I keep going on hoping today will be the day all my dreams come true and I can find happiness. Then I realize it won’t be today and go back to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

because i know that no matter what, one day the sweet release of death will be there to greet me

What if death isn’t the end? What if it keeps going?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

I also hear that if you hate getting out of bed and going to work you might turn into a giant insect.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

nuketulsa posted:

I have 9 children and they all depend on me for financial support sometimes so I gotta keep on going man

Grandpa? I thought you were dead.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Betty Wight posted:

Even Marcus Aurelius comments on this in Meditations, 5.1:

In the morning when you rise unwillingly from your bed, let this thought be present: I am rising to the work of a human being. Why then am I dissatisfied if I am going to do the things for which I exist and for which I was brought into the world? Or have I been made for this, to lie under the covers and keep myself warm?

"But this is more pleasant!"

Do you exist then for pleasure, and not at all for action or exertion? Do you not see the little plants, the little birds, the ants, the spiders, the bees working together to put in order their several parts of the universe? Are you unwilling to do the work of a human being? Should you not make haste to do that which is according to your nature?

"But it is necessary to take rest also."

It is necessary: however nature has fixed bounds to this too: she has fixed bounds both to eating and drinking, and yet you go beyond these bounds, beyond what is sufficient ... So you do not love yourself, for if you did, you would love nature and her will.

I find that this helps quite a bit. Humans have been humans for a very long time and while we all enjoy snuggling under blankets in a cold morning, we must be about our business.

His kids hated him didn’t they?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Because somebody has to open the library and shitpost all day.

And I need the money for more weed

Is the position of assistant shitposter available?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Because I have everything I ever wanted. A happy and fulfilling marriage, a beautiful family, a fulfilling career, spiritual fulfillment, and live in a society I can take wholesome pride in. Then I suddenly realize the whole thing makes no sense and I wonder how I got here and I can’t remember. Then I realize I must be dreaming and it starts to fade and the memories of my life come back. I start screaming.

“NO, you can’t send me back there! I won’t go! I want to stay here! You can’t make me leave! NOOOOOOO!”

Then I wake up and cry for an hour so I get out of bed because the pillow is too wet and salty to sleep on anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

interwhat posted:

maybe there's something to "existing for the sole purpose of making life miserable for the people you don't like"

Please don’t quote from the GOP’s party platform without sourcing your quote.