Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I have never actually played a max Payne game, but I think that mostly has to do with my having gone to public school in New York, and besides I have great respect for gamer culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

She did a worse Danny Devito impersonation than The Rock.

So imagine that, the professional actor/comedienne was worse at her job than the man whose job for most of the preceding 20 years was to pretend to be punched in the face.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Duck and Cover posted:

Big Queef City

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BrigadierSensible posted:

She did a worse Danny Devito impersonation than The Rock.

So imagine that, the professional actor/comedienne was worse at her job than the man whose job for most of the preceding 20 years was to pretend to be punched in the face.

there were no good danny devito impressions in that movie

what an absolutely terrible choice, to introduce danny devito at the beginning of your comedy and then replace him with bad impressions

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I don't know about you folks but I'm ready to take a tall sip of awkwafina

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I mean piss

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

But you repeat yourself :c00lbert:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

She was pretty bad in that boring marvel movie.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

nooneofconsequence posted:

She was pretty bad in that boring marvel movie.

Shang Chi has some terrible production values. His final costume is p lol.

She’s not v great and is p much herself minus the blaccent.

Kinda OK final boss battle tho.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

will pocs and bipocs ever recover from these crimes?

through her gross negligence awkwafina has caused unimaginable harm to potentially millions of people

It’s hard to even estimate how many people may have been killed because of her actions

Ive been thinking of appropriating some voices myself. Any reason why I shouldn’t?

You are hilarious, please keep posting the same joke more.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

you went through all my posts in the thread and didnt even include the only one that was good??

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

you went through all my posts in the thread and didnt even include the only one that was good??

It was factually incorrect. 6 posts in a 4 page thread, you must be passionate about this subject.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

In the midst of this controversy, I asked Awkwafina who does she think she is, and she said "awkwafina"; I asked her where she gets off, and she said "all over." I demanded to know what gave her the right and she said the LORD.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Seven. I consider myself a pretty passionate person especially where posting is concerned

E: in all seriousness I do think it’s a really fun subject. The social media public accusation/apology ritual we developed in the 2010s is absurd and delightful and I think the unique vocabulary of both the accuser and accused is so strange and funny when it’s over something very trivial. because I find it humorous and interesting I make a lot of posts when there is a thread about it

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 7, 2022

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

what the gently caress is "black voice" and why does any of this poo poo matter at all?

no I am not gonna read that tweet because doing so would make me irrationally angry about something that is probably not important at all and that is not a headspace I need to put myself in

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You are hilarious, please keep posting the same joke more.

let's cancel his rear end

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tokelau All Star posted:

Nora From Queens is a good show. The whole cast is hilarious.

Best thing she has done, imo

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I. M. Gei posted:

what the gently caress is "black voice" and why does any of this poo poo matter at all?

no I am not gonna read that tweet because doing so would make me irrationally angry about something that is probably not important at all and that is not a headspace I need to put myself in

welcome to the reason that the left constantly loses lmao

get in your box, bitch

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Ultra Carp

Big Beef City posted:

Are you sure this wasn't a fever dream

it sounds true as hell

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

I liked her songs. She's way less interesting now that she's owned by Disney. Also, my wife says her Chinese sucks.

Yeah I watched her in the Farewell, and while I enjoyed the movie, her Chinese was noticeably bad. Not really sure why she decided to go to into a movie career when I feel like she was more interesting as a rapper.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nirvikalpa posted:

Yeah I watched her in the Farewell, and while I enjoyed the movie, her Chinese was noticeably bad. Not really sure why she decided to go to into a movie career when I feel like she was more interesting as a rapper.

Musicians don't make any money. Or at least not as much as they used to. It's why Will Smith doesn't do music anymore.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

I. M. Gei posted:

Think about how Steven Seagal started speaking in his later movies to sound "cool" or how he made a rap song about poonani to cash in on black culture. It matters cause doing that is sorta wack, but if like, someone from the ciry says "mad" or some poo poo who cares imo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If any white people wanna learn more about this issue I recommend the documentary "Malibu's Most Wanted"

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I'm not American so maybe the nuances are lost one me; but why is Awkwafina regularly the target of blaccent accusation and not the other hundreds of non-Black rappers?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I'm not American so maybe the nuances are lost one me; but why is Awkwafina regularly the target of blaccent accusation and not the other hundreds of non-Black rappers?

Because she's in hit Disney movies now

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I always thought you were meant to pronounce it Awk-wafina. Like Awkward. I liked it more when I thought that.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Awkwafina waited years, then did a non-apology about using black culture/black voice on the 5th day of Black History month.
https://twitter.com/awkwafina/status/1489963501682675712

read this in a very heavy blaccent

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
didnt read the thread

slaughter all influencers

no mercy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

PoPcornTG posted:

I always thought you were meant to pronounce it Awk-wafina. Like Awkward. I liked it more when I thought that.

It is pronounced like that.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Tune in next week to find out if Princess Awkwafina can withstand the onslaught of her bastard sister Awkwantifa with nothing but her trusty water magics at her side.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Since Aquafina is owned by Pepsi is there a weird stage name bastardaziation of whatever cokes water is?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

counterpoint

awkwafina got c list famous for appropriating black culture and is kicking the ladder. we need to keep this ladder up so this type of poo poo can still be made

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RPg4qYwJS4U

i have no idea what this video is about but its cool as hell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It seems like when someone on twitter says "I work tirelessly" at something, they probably actually don't work tirelessly on that thing.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Mu Zeta posted:

It is pronounced like that.

Good. Now I'm happy again.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Since Aquafina is owned by Pepsi is there a weird stage name bastardaziation of whatever cokes water is?

Coke makes Dasani

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Didnt awkafina get on trouble for selling bootleg purses and poo poo back in the before famous times?

Because hell yeah get dem bags

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
More like AWKWARDFina amirite

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Who would have thought that someone who built their career mocking black people is finally facing consequences for their actions?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Yo i really don't give a gently caress about these celebrities circle jerking themselves about who is more sorry about their weird degrees of racism. Watch this clip of a much better apology for a much more real problem.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7uXqRWx84

vandalism fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Long-Time Lurker posted:

LanceHunter posted:

She probably wouldn't have caught any flack in the first place if she hadn't done a few extremely self-righteous interviews where she talked about how she would never do an accent, and anyone asking her to do an accent for a role is racist. That then caused black twitter to pop up like "oh, you say you've never done an accent?"

A good contrast to this is Paul Wall. Dude isn't putting anything on, he just actually talks like that. Some people on twitter tried to target him for the same kind of accusations, and were immediately met with an enormous wave of folks who had Paul Wall's back (including a lot of musicians and artists from Houston who had known him forever and who he had personally helped over the years).

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 8, 2022