Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Pistons need to convince Dwane Casey that more teams fired him after a string of good seasons because he has won six straight against Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

They are a real thing in that they exist but they only put out fake sports stories. If the are supposed to be a comedy site and not just a clickbait factory then whoever is running the show does not understand how comedy works.

It is to sports satire what The Daily Currant was to The Onion.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Definitely too much McKay. I don’t need the fourth wall explanations like the Big Short. Everyone watching this show already likes basketball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They’re bad with him, they’re one of the worst teams in NBA history without him. I do think Mobley wins it for consistency but it is heartening that Cade has turned it on at this point rather than hitting the rookie wall. Seems like a similar race to Ball vs. Edwards.

The Pistons also have one regular starter who’s been in the league for more than two seasons. There’s not a lot more he could do as someone who’s not a LeBron level rookie.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 8, 2022

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

Rick barry is a good one, and I feel like not having Dwight somewhere on there is a missed opportunity, though he seems to have somewhat redeemed himself.

Dwight's not known for being a jerk so much as being really annoying.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

for me the definitive KG Intensity Story is him putting his head through a wall because a contestant on P. Diddy's Making The Band didn't want it enough.

IIRC it's actually because he was so hyped by how much the contestant wanted it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I wish Winning Time wasn't a mini series. I'd watch so many seasons of this show.

It's not. They already greenlit season 2. This season is only covering 1979-80.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dokmo posted:

The median son of a NBA player is Seth Curry. That's a pretty good group of players.

Have you ever plotted out what proportion of NBA sons are better than their dads throughout history?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sons have the advantage of being rich and getting access to elite training I guess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of that, though I personally associated most of that statutory rape celebration with the 70s/80s. I would have thought that by 2004 his actions would been considered beyond the pale.

That's as "good" a reason as any though, and it's a good thing mainstream culture has progressed past that. Thanks.

Just checked and that's the same year Anthony Kiedis released his autobiography in which he talked about having sex with a 14-year-old, with very little blowback. The social media age has really done a lot to make it clear that that poo poo is not acceptable anymore.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/HilltopNBA/status/1504646116498845700?t=ENZuqLFnCLHV9sYBaYvsEw&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The funniest parts are Magic as a 20-year-old lothario bragging about how much tail he gets because the way he tweets I would assume his pickup line was "I would like to have sexual intercourse with you later tonight!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This was funny though
https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1506092284978282496?t=fDy3jC_tVjFzEZh2svuKZQ&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

The 2011 Mavs were awesome because it was like every B-lister from the previous decade (Dirk was still an A-lister, but still had a lot of "can't get it done in the playoffs" stink on him) with side of JJ Barea having the best month of his career combining to wreck an old star duo, a young star trio, and a prime star trio.

Don't forget Brian Cardinal, LeBron Stopper.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
COTY is Dwane Casey when the opponent is Toronto.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The number of people acting like Monty isn't coaching the poo poo out of the Suns is staggering to me. Monty is COY and it isn't particularly close. What the gently caress thread?

COY is usually shorthand for "coach whose team most exceeded expectations." Not gonna happen with the defending western conference champs unless they had an all-time season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1508290532283346950

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to people suffering from alopecia
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

He also tagged the wrong Will Smith.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

edit: all of those pre-Miami Cavs rosters were way worse than prime Blake/DAJ/Paul but Lebron got there how many times?

One

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That wasn't Steph it was K-Pop stans

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

The number of people I've bumbled into in the wild that insist Ginobili is a reach for the Hall of Fame, or even someone who might have to wait several years, and not "Easily a first ballot selection"... All brings a tear to my eye. I just... gotta go be really smug to some less basketball minded people.

A guy who went to only two all-star games being a first ballot HOFer is weird to comprehend when you only look at it from an NBA perspective and don’t realize international play is a part of the resume.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pistons fans, we are putting too much stock into an award that once went to Michael Carter-Williams. Just focus on Cade’s improvement and the optimism inspired by it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vinestalk posted:

It's pretty much just me and I agree with your point. But I'll still celebrate having an enjoyable rookie on my team and relish something resembling hope for the first time in over a decade. And I think championing him for ROTY is the best way to do that. Like, when was the last time a pistons fan could even make a reasonable case for one of their rookies to be considered ROTY? I'm going to fuckin live it up.

Grant Hill maybe? I think during the really bleak years rookie Greg Monroe was the best player on the team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don't the Jazz have the best offense in the league or something? If it ain't broke...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Reminder that Derrick Favors is only 30

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/beckswelker/status/1511709846969765900?s=21&t=_vZDt7636pkL-J9HEOf7mw

https://twitter.com/craigfm1789/status/1511870704223932424?s=21&t=_vZDt7636pkL-J9HEOf7mw

https://twitter.com/craigfm1789/status/1511879495795580932?s=21&t=_vZDt7636pkL-J9HEOf7mw

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think Thybulle was pretty instantly a defensive menace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What does the East play-in look like if all four teams are 43-39?