Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

Drea is allowed to be mad at being betrayed, but what he’s describing is a series of malicious lies about him, including weaponizing his religion, which is another thing entirely.

My point was that he padded his story out with a whole lot of conjecture about what Drea was supposedly saying and specifically her motivation behind saying it and what was going through her head. That dilutes his story, and gives question to his credibility.

I'm not saying that nothing happened. I'm not even defending Drea. I'm saying he lied during the game (we all saw it), and he lied in his exit interviews (we all read it). All I was saying was to take what he says with a grain of salt and not villainize somebody solely based on what he said.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think they meant that Omar is the only one who's not getting along with Drea.

That's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He didn’t lie during his exit interview, he rationalized his lie about Hai’s words saying in his view it was how Hai was behaving anyway. As for your point about conjecture and motivation, I listened to the podcast and have no idea what you’re talking about.

What I think could’ve happened is that since he burned Drea, she built him up as this extreme villain in her mind and actually did think he was doing all these things. That’s conjecture about her motivations but it’s a sympathetic interpretation. On the other hand Omar says she’s refused to speak with him since so I don’t really know, she has to be very bitter about things still.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

There was some noise about someone making an HR complaint about a Ponderosa producer, but Shan has said that did not come from her nor was it about her.

Oh I hadn't heard about that, I was just referring to how she was still in game mode and super bitter about getting voted out and like, interrogating everyone during their first meal after getting voted out, which was on every video after hers.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I guess the more I think about it, I wonder how tactful it was of him to say anything about it. Not everybody's going to get along with everybody and that must also be true for Survivor casts. Historically, though, we don't really see them disparaging each other in the media after the fact other than maybe slight shade in Reddit AMAs. Am I wrong?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I guess the more I think about it, I wonder how tactful it was of him to say anything about it. Not everybody's going to get along with everybody and that must also be true for Survivor casts. Historically, though, we don't really see them disparaging each other in the media after the fact other than maybe slight shade in Reddit AMAs. Am I wrong?

Nah if she did what he claims then gently caress her

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I will believe Omar for the sole reason that he does not have a product named after him purchasable on goop.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if it's that bad then gently caress tactfullness, it's beyond the point of keeping it to yourself imo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dunno. Its one side of a personal conflict from someone who feels like he's been working hard to assure he's not the villain (harder than he really needs to be). That doesn't mean it might not all be true but I don't want to condemn Drea without hearing her or anyone else on the subject. I dunno.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Sia award pushed this from "really bothering Omar" to "Have to get it off my chest."

Not that it's a bad thing or surprising. In this case, seeing someone praised and rewarded for the positivity they were supposed to bring seems super triggering.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
To me, he's trying to make a point about how she made a big deal about skin color, while at the same time kept saying all of these lies to make him look horrible because of his religion.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Apparently the 15 minutes Omar/Drea talk on the RHAP deep dive are gone, and discussions about it are getting locked on reddit 👀

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

Apparently the 15 minutes Omar/Drea talk on the RHAP deep dive are gone, and discussions about it are getting locked on reddit 👀

I'm not surprised. Given the relatively tame conversation here, I'm sure things got a lot more heated on reddit and the rest of social media that probably devolved into racist and islamophobic remarks. That was inevitable, and it was probably smart of Rob to take it down and reddit to lock it down.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rob basically confirmed without saying it explicitly that it was CBS that had him delete it. Weird that the Reddit sub would block its users from even discussing that the podcast was edited but it’s a stupid website

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm not surprised. Given the relatively tame conversation here, I'm sure things got a lot more heated on reddit and the rest of social media that probably devolved into racist and islamophobic remarks. That was inevitable, and it was probably smart of Rob to take it down and reddit to lock it down.

I want to say the highest rated comments were mostly fine. Then you'd dip down a bit and see "Drea is a hypocrite" or something for the double tribal episode. Not a whole lot of islamaphobia upvoted? I did not read past some of the higher comments though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I suppose not a whole lot of the islamaphobia was upvoted is high praise on Reddit lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The Maryanne deep dive with RHAP is 6 hours. Thats gonna be a no for me dog

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I only listen to this stuff when I'm commuting so I don't really notice running times. But Maryanne is just so excited to be alive in general the only thing that surprises me about that length is that Rob was willing to go that long. I'll give it a listen in a couple weeks when I'm done with Omar :v:

Or maybe on a road trip in a couple of weeks.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That is a goddamn horrifying photograph

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

She's so far gone in that picture it owns

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
A shameful way to honor the great bill clinton

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’m looking for a way to watch the most recent season of AUS while in the US. Happy to pay. Looking for a site that won’t spoil it in a big image on the show page

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

blue squares posted:

I’m looking for a way to watch the most recent season of AUS while in the US. Happy to pay. Looking for a site that won’t spoil it in a big image on the show page

Ditto actually

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not wanting to be spoilered. The best option is probably to :filez: the last season. Still a handful of seeders on last seasons episodes.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 22, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Paramount+ launched in the UK and it has exactly 0 Survivor episodes but multiple seasons of The Challenge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

njsykora posted:

Paramount+ launched in the UK and it has exactly 0 Survivor episodes but multiple seasons of The Challenge.

Pretty sure they haven't added back the international Survivors to the US Paramount+ either. After they mysteriously had licensing issues a month before Survivor 42 aired and had to pull all them all...

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I would recommend those of you above to check out the Facebook group "The Tribe Has Spoken" and request an invite there, then check out their pinned posts. :smugdog:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Chili is running a forums Survivor game that is recruiting:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003414&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

If you've never played a SA Survivor game they are very fun and I can tell you personally that Chili has been working on it for awhile.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I used a VPN to pay for an Australian paramount plus account. You could use the VPN to watch it for free on 10play, but the quality is lacking. Paramount has the good stuff (but they are missing the all star season for some reason. You have to watch that one on 10play). Just to clarify, if you are NOT on the vpn and sign up for Paramount+ it won't work (at least it didn't for me). I had to be on the VPN in AUS and then go to Paramount+ to get an account that would show the AUS version.

The non vpn route is that there is a reddit post that has a mega link to a bunch of episodes.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

SalTheBard posted:

Chili is running a forums Survivor game that is recruiting:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003414&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

If you've never played a SA Survivor game they are very fun and I can tell you personally that Chili has been working on it for awhile.

Man, I saw that, but summer's just my busy season. If Chili does have to postpone to September I'd probably be down then.

I hope you guys find the players so I can lurk the discord. I only finished watching through survivor right before 42, so this is the first time in a couple years I haven't had a season to watch.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This is Malcolm now

anyway USA has a show called Snake in the Grass coming out where they send 4 people at a time out to do comps but one of them is a mole sabotaging the team. They have to guess who it was and there's a bunch of Survivor alumni on the show like Malcolm, Cirie, Trish, Yul, Earl, and Stephenie LaGrossa

https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/who-are-snake-in-the-grass-contestants
https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/snake-in-the-grass-details-how-it-works

I wonder how the mole aka snake has to sabotage them and what stops them from barely doing anything

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And there's also another show called The Traitors on Peacock
https://collider.com/alan-cumming-the-traitors-series-reality-competition-peacock/

another Mole type show. Allegedly has Cirie and Stephenie LeGrossa too? https://insidesurvivor.com/rumor-cirie-fields-stephenie-lagrossa-cast-on-peacock-reality-show-the-traitors-52852

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I watched the Mole for the first time when it got put on Netflix. It was great until they went celebrity only for some reason.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

nexous posted:

I watched the Mole for the first time when it got put on Netflix. It was great until they went celebrity only for some reason.

Because Anderson Cooper left, after CNN gave him an ultimatum. There was no Mole without him, so they tried to make it more light-hearted with some D list celebs.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

This is Malcolm now

anyway USA has a show called Snake in the Grass coming out where they send 4 people at a time out to do comps but one of them is a mole sabotaging the team. They have to guess who it was and there's a bunch of Survivor alumni on the show like Malcolm, Cirie, Trish, Yul, Earl, and Stephenie LaGrossa

https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/who-are-snake-in-the-grass-contestants
https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/snake-in-the-grass-details-how-it-works

I wonder how the mole aka snake has to sabotage them and what stops them from barely doing anything

Goddamnit another show with Rachel?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The best recent mole copy of the year to me so far is Rat in the Kitchen because Natasha Leggero is funny and they actually show most of the sabotage and somehow I still only notice it about a quarter of the time.

I am watching Pearl Islands for the first time because it is one big ones I had missed. I’m about halfway through and am surprised how smooth it is going down. I actually “get” Rupert now in his original seasons. In later seasons I was severely annoyed by him but here he is kind of cool. And he actually is playing the game. Taking it a little too serious yeah but there is at least some attempt at strategy.

Also I don’t know if we are missing something from the edit, or maybe it’s too early…and I don’t feel too bad for him knowing how awful he is but it actually feels like Probst is overreacting way too much to Fairplay who is barely a villain at this point.

E: also the mid season twist really sucks a lot, lol. Although since I know who won the season I imagine it doesn’t matter too much.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 22, 2022

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rick posted:

Also I don’t know if we are missing something from the edit, or maybe it’s too early…and I don’t feel too bad for him knowing how awful he is but it actually feels like Probst is overreacting way too much to Fairplay who is barely a villain at this point.

For the most part he's just a mild troll who keeps it reserved to the confessionals. But there's a moment at the family reward challenge that put him firmly in legendary villain status.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Rick posted:

He's also the first Survivor heel, so Jeff hasn't learned how to deal with them yet. Everyone before that was an unintentional villain, so when Johnny, for example, shows up drunk to the sacred institution of tribal council, Jeff is surprised that he can't be shamed. Pearl island also has the first quit, and Probst/the show basically do everything except spit on the guy's grave. Fast forward one season where Jeff calms the hell down after the double quit, and by season 10 he's basically pressuring Janu to quit so Stephanie can stay in the game..

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

oh hell yeah the survivor thread.

they should cast me, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Leatherhead posted:

He's also the first Survivor heel, so Jeff hasn't learned how to deal with them yet. Everyone before that was an unintentional villain, so when Johnny, for example, shows up drunk to the sacred institution of tribal council, Jeff is surprised that he can't be shamed. Pearl island also has the first quit, and Probst/the show basically do everything except spit on the guy's grave. Fast forward one season where Jeff calms the hell down after the double quit, and by season 10 he's basically pressuring Janu to quit so Stephanie can stay in the game..

I'm not sure if Jeff really calmed down with All-Stars (spoiler if the goon watching Pearl Islands wants to watch it after) Jenna quit because her mom had cancer and was dying, and felt like she needed to go home. Her mom died 8 days after she got home. No way they would even try to make that edit bad. And then Sue left after getting sexually assaulted, again no way the show is going to make that a bad edit.

Jeff was still pretty harsh on some of the later quits in the later seasons, especially Colton.