Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Important links
Statcast - The rawest of stats. Look up info like exit velocity and runner speed in mph.
Fangraphs - Lots of advanced stats that you can customize and export to a spreadsheet. Check out their auction calculator for custom league projections.
Baseball Reference - You can see every batter on one page here and every pitcher here which you can export to CSV.
Closer Monkey - Closer news. Find out who's about to become the next closer.
Baseball Savant Daily Matchups - See which players have good matchups each day
Baseball Press Lineups - See which players are starting or benched before lineups get locked..
MLB.com Spring Training Stats - Find out which players to choose in the first round because they hit 5 HRs in March.
Razzball
FantasyAlarm
Rotoworld
FantasyPros
Pitcher List
Libre Office - More or less a clone of Microsoft Excel but it's free and works on every OS. Make your winning draft spreadsheet with this.
Fantasy Pitching Calculator - Projects how your ERA & WHIP will change based on future runs/hits. For helping to decide whether to start or bench pitchers on Sunday in H2H
[/quote]

^^^ I stole this from the previous thread the way the owners stole revenue from the players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Now that there is a full DH, are a lot of fantasy leagues having that as a position or just sticking with UTIL?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I can keep 2 forever: Ohtani, Acuna, Tatis

Am I insane for not keeping Ohtani? I can use him as a pitcher or a hitter each game.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so wait Ohtani isn't two seperate players on your platform? You get both sides in one player? I think you gotta keep him if you get the pitcher and hitter in one roster spot. Thats too valuable. I'd throw back Acuna even though Tatis is out til June.

Yeah in ESPN he's just a guy that goes as either one when you start the game. So if he pitches and hits you only get the stat you chose him for, I cannot remember what start it was he mashed and threw BP but it was sucky to have him as a pitcher that day.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

This dude was shopping Acuña, so I just pulled off a blockbuster trade in a $20 yahoo prize league:

Give: Austin Riley, Kris Bryant, Logan Gilbert

Get: Ronald Acuña Jr., Dansby Swanson, Mike Clevinger

gives me this roster:

C: Varsho
1B: Bell
2B: Albies
3B: McMahon
SS: Swanson
OF: Acuña
OF: Harper
OF: Edman
UTIL: Witt Jr.
UTIL: Voit
BENCH: Gary Sanchez, Belt, Canha, Jeremy Pena

SP: Bieber, Gausman, Musgrove, Clevinger, Manaea, Matz

RP: Clase, Knebel, Floro

That's a steal for Acuna. Way to go. I even like Swanson, too.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

All teams are taken, thanks pals. :thumbsup:

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 27, 2022

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

the_american_dream posted:

Need help on a keeper decision if anyone mind weighing in

Walker Buehler or Corbin Burnes

Thought buehler to be a no brainer as an ace on the best paper team but every ranking I’ve seen has Burnes several slots higher

There’s no penalty or upside to either guy draft wise it’s just would you rather have. Leaning buehler since I have the best chance of redrafting Burnes I think.

As far as scoring, it’s head to head, and picture SPs as quarterbacks in fantasy football. You can, and I do, stream most of the year but you want to roster 2-3 aces ideally as you get 7 starts per week in this league. Any help is appreciated

I like Burnes over Buehler.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

Ah, what the hell. I'll take one of these teams if they're still available.

Please give me your email I'll send you an invite. Which team do you want?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'll take Team 1.

lance.nicholls@gmail.com

Awesome, invite sent! I think I found a second owner for the last team so we might be able to draft on time now. Thanks Diamond Dallas Page!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Douchebag posted:

So I drew first pick in a weekly H2H. I assume Ohtani right? I haven’t done fantasy baseball in 4-5 years because of burnout so I’m getting back into one this year.

So I go Ohtani at 1, snake draft, what can I expect at 16 & 17 (8 team league), or what should I target? Just go best available? Split a hitter and pitcher? Maybe I should do a mock draft tonight to get an idea of what to do.

If you go Ohtani then lay off drafting a pitcher for your next two picks, you could maybe even stretch a third pick before taking another pitcher. Way more difficult to get a good hitter than a good pitcher off the waiver wire.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I clearly made the right choice keeping Bro'Neill.

Kicking myself I didn't draft him in every league. I forgot about him and someone scooped him up.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jose Berrios :negative:
Camilo Doval :negative:
Eduardo Rodriguez :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Very excited I have Buxton for 90 games again this year!

The injury gods will never let us have a full season of Buxton and Mondesi.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Not going to keep me from drafting them both every year

Haha yup if they are available I take them.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Very excited I have Buxton for 90 games again this year!

He is hurt again.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Freddy Peralta :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

So it’s super early and all, but is anyone else slightly concerned about Bichette?

I haven’t seen anything about his slow start but that could be I’m just being impatient (yep) and there’s not anything really actionable to do anyway since you aren’t dropping or trading him

I would just like him to hit the baseball and stop striking out a lot

There are a lot of guys that look lost at the plate and I think it's because Spring Training was so short and the weather is pretty meh.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

So, Mondesi tore his ACL. Gotta be one of the saddest stories out there. So much potential and just can't stay on the field.

I've watched the injury three times now and I still don't understand what happened. Guy just ran back toward first base and came up limping. The pitch before that he started and stopped. Neither one looked like he snagged a cleat or twisted his knee. Just so brittle.

Whatever happened to KC moving him to 3B so his legs were preserved?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ketel Marte actually did something.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Trevor Story
Marcus Semien
Max Muncy
Franmil Reyes
Tyler O'Neill
Jorge Polanco
Ketel Marte

:lol: so bad

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Fixed.

About to send Kelenic to the wire too. It's just not happening.

I have both O'Neill and Kelenic. I am so sad.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jose Berrios :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Fixed.

About to send Kelenic to the wire too. It's just not happening.

Complaining about O'Neill seemed to work. Kelenic has been benched for two games in a row now. Yikes.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Marcus semien just hit my 12 team waivers. Probably worth claiming, no?

Surely he can’t be bad all season

Would likely be dropping drury

Yeah would claim him.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Held Gorman for a month, dropped him 5 hours before he was called up because Starling Marte was coming off bereavement list and I needed a spot.

And then Marte's game got snowed out today anyway.

This is fun.

I saw that. That is awful timing.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

jabro posted:

He’s only doing this because I still have him in my IL slot. I’ll try to keep him in there as long as possible for everyone.

Please can you do that for Tyler O'Neill when he returns?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Stashing players in your IL is big brain fantasy managing and I will apologize to no one for it

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jose Berrios sucks.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Forgot to switch Shohei Ohtani to SP because it was a doubleheader :thumbsup:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Remember when Javier Baez hit homers and stole bases?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Manny Machado :rip:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:rip: Bryce Harper

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

loving Berrios with the Sunday ERA and WHIP destroying outing.

Yeah he's benched for me. He doubled my ERA all by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Chief McHeath posted:

Corey Seager just got dropped in my league and sure his average is poo poo right now but I feel like I'd be an absolute baffoon not to put in a claim and hope for a second half rebound.

I also felt the same way about Jonathan India earlier in the year when he was OPSing in the .500s and all he did was OPS in the .500s for me for a couple of weeks before I released him, we'll see.

There are like seven guys I think can have second half rebounds and that is the lie I'm telling myself after drafting them. :qq: