Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Athletic's fantasy kit is also killer if you have a sub, the articles are updated regularly and they have an absolute nightmare of an Excel sheet available that you can easily customize with your league settings for rankings/team projections.

Also this year I signed up for RazzSlam and TGFBI so I look forward to being utterly embarrassed by real fantasy professionals. I'm in the TGFBI league with Derek Vanriper for fucks sakes.

And to plug PitcherList some more, this year we switched the site over to all StatCast data-driven stuff and the player pages are super-cool and way more useful: https://www.pitcherlist.com/player/juan-soto/

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Weekly rosters really hurts Ohtani's value. First overall is between Juan Soto and Trea Turner as far as I'm concerned, and the choice comes down to how you feel about steals.

Speaking of, I got first pick in my 12-tm 7x7 H2H league tonight:

Saves are a mess but I knew they were going to be, and this is the first time we've finished a draft in this league where I was thinking "Wow there are so many dudes left out there!" so either I'm getting better at this or I'm getting stupider and only time will tell which one it is. I already have eyes on dudes to fill the spots for Urias and Baz once they officially hit the IL.

EDIT: Also realizing my rankings sheet is way higher on McMahon than any projection system, weird.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 6, 2022

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
drat, that is a fun team. I was going to chide you for grabbing Tatis so early but then getting Witt in the 7th? Brilliant.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fast Luck posted:

feeling high on Roansy Contreras. check him out

Edit: aaand he’s DFA’d. He’ll start a few games down there and be back though, Pirates rotation is garbage. Time to put that NA slot to use

Not DFA'd, just optioned. He'll be back, maybe in June-ish when the Super 2 deadline passes, when they'll probably call him up with Cruz.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Dropped Gallo (avg/obp/slg league) for Ward, immediate vibe shift, feels good.

For personal reasons I'm hoping Gallo makes me regret it, but still.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Screw it, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Entire slate of East Coast games seem pretty precarious tonight, but NYY is almost assuredly getting banged.

Tomorrow looks bad, too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Rowdy Tellez and Daniel Vogelbach are bringing back Beefy Boi Baseball and I am very happy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Congrats to Tyler Stephenson owners, you win at the fantasy baseball.

I talked myself into Will Smith in the draft even though I had "HEY TYLER STEPHENSON GOES LATE" in my notes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gorman has been running a high K% in AAA, I would temper expectations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Pham doesn't even have a case against Joc, he put an IR eligible guy in an IR slot how could that possibly be construed as cheating?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
He should probably not play in Yahoo leagues then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So we had the official launch for Pitcher List 8 today, and we did a mock draft where we all got to use the new "War Room" spreadsheet we're releasing to PL Pro members and holy poo poo it's amazing. I think it may actually be better than The Athletic's draft sheet which was my go-to previously.

EDIT: oh we should probably have a 2023 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023513

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 7, 2023