Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Miami completely folded the second half, woof

St. Peters time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I was a freshman at KU for '08 and the idea of heading to Mass Street now preemptively gave me a hangover and swollen knees

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
If UNC wasn't playing I would be cheering like mad for St. Peters. Time to be the bad guy, I suppose?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Still got two chances to claim a Transitive National Championship

I'll take it!

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

when doug edert isn't in the game the view should be asking "where's doug edert?"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

refs already in the tank for unc

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

refs already in the tank for unc

of course

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The fix is in already smh

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I think it's getting close to midnight for Cinderella

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Feel like Edert needs to hit those for St Peters to have a chance against UNC and the refs.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU probably puts up a better fight against Kansas, but they still wouldn’t have won.

St Pete needs to get it together!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watching video of Mass. Street in Lawrence just getting flooded and I’m so happy for the students that have never done it before

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
gently caress, everything's going in for UNC and Saint Peter's can't score a basket to save their lives

edit: PASS THE FUCKIN' BALL ST. PETER'S COME ON, STOP DOING THESE lovely CONTESTED LAYUPS

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't like Manek's look but on that little history shot of him...well might as well go for it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oof. That kind of sums up how this game is going

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
St Peter's worked very, very hard to beat Purdue which I think might be playing into things a little bit here.

I wish a UNC/Duke matchup would have happened over the weekend if it had to so we'd only have two days of people talking about it instead of a damned week.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
welp

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I have it on good authority that UNC has literally never missed a shot

In related news, gently caress UNC

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lmao that manek screen on edert

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not the GREATEST attempt at a dunno I've seen from st pete

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

turbo lol @ kentucky and purdue

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Oof, that failed dunk

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That surely was a foul of some sort?

e: not the failed dunk, the one where someone just ate it close to the hoop on the other end.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Final Four is gonna be Kansas/Duke/UNC/Villanova :barf:

I called this on Friday :smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1508203988893806598

This is unfortunate for Nova. And me, new #1 Villanova fan as of a couple of hours ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

turbo lol @ kentucky and purdue

Kentucky twitter is not handling it well. They absolutely roasted KU earlier, if anyone missed that game it was complete domination.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

This is unfortunate for Nova. And me, new #1 Villanova fan as of a couple of hours ago.

Speaking of complete domination KU owes them some payback.

They are so solid fundamentally though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
St Peters has owned this half and still can’t get closer than 20.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

still cackling that there was a guy in the tournament named "keegan records"

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

gently caress Duke

that is all

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I know the second we can St Pete has given up, but I would love to take a clean shot one of these days.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Grittybeard posted:

gently caress. It’s going to be Duke-Kansas in the finals and I’m just going to kill myself to spare the dread.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

gently caress. It’s going to be Duke-Kansas in the finals and I’m just going to kill myself to spare the dread.

We have three championships in our history it's clear who to root for in that situation.

You really want K going out on top?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

You really want K going out on top?

The world is conspiring to make me to cheer for Mike Krzyzewski to win a title in his last game if chalk rolls, yes.

I am still :tinfoil: that that's how his name is supposed to be pronounced after looking up how to spell it again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GO DUKE

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

still cackling that there was a guy in the tournament named "keegan records"

he looks like he should be from mississippi but he's from...rhode island???

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Yo, this game was a super depressing way to wrap up the weekend, gently caress

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
St. Peters played basically an even half which is kind of a miracle after losing the first half by so much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

GO DUKE

I cheered for Grayson Allen when it came down to it against KU and was sad that he lost, you're not shaming me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

of course it’s set up so duke can get their win back