Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
It's me, one of the best mediocre mafia players ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
That D1 where I got Sandwolf as scum, or basically any game where Merk keeps telling people to kill me in scumchat.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Wait, "how many people are here and join games", or "how many people play mafia"?

Yes.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Put me in coach

DO IT CPIG

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

In celebration of Valve actually fixing their goddamn game, I'd be willing to run a TF2 CYOR. It'd be improvised, horribly unbalanced, and obviously made up as I go, but that's just me staying on-theme.

I'm down for this

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Opopanax posted:

May as well ask here since you're all a bunch of nerds and live in my computer anyways, what are the must play PC exclusive games from the last decade or so? Just got a steam deck and I haven't had a gaming capable computer in like 20 years

Hades, for sure. Witcher 3. Xcom.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I'll also say Citizen Sleeper.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Someone run Clip Show Mafia, with all of these people past (and some new unrelated characters) popping in this definitely feels like a clip show

clip shoooooowwwwwwwww

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Honestly if someone is being a weirdo and/or sex pest

The gently caress have I missed

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

wologar posted:

Ecco may or may not be the best person for the job. I don't know her directly, so I can't be sure either way.

However, it weirds me out that she has been so adamant on getting it.

Ecco has always been a bit self righteous

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

My Second Re-Reg posted:

lmao

A bunch of people who don't play Mafia anymore boosting up an IK who almost never plays Mafia anymore

Who the gently caress are all you people?? Ecco has... what, run one game in the last year? Most of you I've never even seen before?

An admin comes in and literally says "I never have any reports about the Mafia threads" - maybe that means we don't need to screw with the current setup by giving IK powers to someone who's disconnected from the actual goings on of Mafia in 2023?

Who tf are you

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

My Second Re-Reg posted:

How so? Sure, you're familiar, we've actually played before - but am I beholden to sucking up to the opinions of a whole bunch of people who aren't active in the Mafia community? So what if there are people posting here who used to be into Mafia - they aren't now, and really shouldn't be attempting to steer a community they left a long time ago.

If there's an actual show of support from the active community to get an IK in place, then go with it. But right now it's mostly people who don't play Mafia anymore asking for an IK who almost never plays Mafia anymore.

It shows a genuine disconnect from the state of SA Mafia in tyool 2023. If everyone feels like we absolutely have to have an IK there's no reason it should be somebody who isn't as active as... frankly any number of other people who would make a great fit. wologar, Maerlyn, Shell, HCT, Cloaca, Obama, Sandwolf, Yami, gently caress it give the goddamn star to b-minus1 or something but make the choice relevant to the current community.

Are you disrespecting the mafia council

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

I should say up front I don't think there should be a mafia IK. If the TG forum needs an IK, pick one that works for the forum. If there is a desire to install a bunch of IK's make a new thread and have it open to everyone in TG to discuss and consider.

Otherwise, though, I'd much rather have a big list of people in the mafia community (old, new, whatever) that people can be referred to, preferably a list that constantly changes. The bigger the better, as a community shouldn't be defined by one, or even a few, select people. And if someone doesn't feel comfortable discussing the issues within the community, then the next step should be to someone NOT involved with mafia, like Leper and Anti. I mostly know leper from bitching about San Francisco but they have always seemed cool. I know Anti from Thunderdome and I can't think of a better person as an outside resource to the community.

Honestly, if there is a Mafia IK I think it should be someone who is relatively new to the scene, not someone with long ties to the people that might be causing the problems. The need for escalation outside of the community is partly to ensure you aren't dealing with inherent power structures and existing relationships and biases (or even just perceived biases).

So, yeah, I don't really care if TG installs an IK, but I really don't like the idea of some perceived position of power or responsibility that is directly related to the SA Mafia Community.

Hard agree here

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

The group of veteran players who have largely not played at all recently to come get a slam in on a currently active player is the cliques you old folks have been railing against. Come on.

Eileen

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

“It’s not cool for someone to feel uncomfortable here”

“Hey this guy said something an old group of players dislikes, get him!!”

Sounds like the mafia I remember

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm not slamming him , It's just kinda messed up to tell a bunch of people that they are no longer relevant and don;t have a say in anything.

"Get on the cart" "But I'm not dead yet!"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I very strongly agree with Sandwolf here. I think we should focus on discussing if/what can and should be done to make the community safer and more comfortable for people, posts that are infighting/personal don't accomplish this goal.

I think communication in an open forum should occur. Like uh

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Insandenza posted:

I wish I could read all these exciting new posts but I’m about to get on a plane

I see nothing has changed with your mafia play

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

A major item here, and an important one, is that very often people don't think they're in the wrong or making somebody uncomfortable, or that they'll think that they're in the right and defending their standing or some other concept - but it doesn't matter if you don't think you're in the wrong, if somebody's uncomfortable and doesn't feel welcome, they don't feel comfortable and welcome.

I'm really disappointed that we can't discuss this.

If I make anyone uncomfortable or unwelcome please tell me as it really isn't my intent. I'd rather everyone be happy. Except ConorT

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jump King posted:

Hi I'm MMM (currently operating under the name Jump King, but I pretty much stopped using my account after the rename so I don't think anybody actually knows me as that)

I don't remember what my first game was, but I know Power Of Pecota was in it and I thought they were the absolute best

My favourite mafia moments are: Keane sending a box of bees to somebody's house for christmas, the picture of Mills's Fridge, the Eat poo poo Quidnose flame texts, somberbrero's game Snowbound, im sure there's a few others

One fun fact about me is that I am very sure that I was (at one point, maybe still am?) the person who had made the most money from playing mafia, when I represented SA in a video mafia league with prize money for two seasons.

Keane sent me and Deadcow bees.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Grandicap posted:

If you have archives, here it is in all it's glory.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683550&userid=92138#post438920351

If not, have this.

The internet was a mistake.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I am DGK2000, my pronouns are they/them but really as long as I know you're talking about me I don't care since gender is a construct anyways.

My first Mafia game was I've got you now, Snatcher scum! and it was ran by Namacuix. It involved a cult and as a first game, that was pretty rough.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3362715

I think it was 2010, I had been looking for something to play by post and somehow Mafia caught my attention because of its fast-moving nature. I was 25 and had a lot of free time.

I think my favorite mafia moment was getting Lumpen to post his role PM in a game I was in. I used to be a pretty aggressive player, because riled up people make mistakes. I don't play much anymore, maybe once every year or two.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Brutal cops, insane cops, paranoid cops, death millers, reverse death millers... Oh and add in cults.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Oh yeah add janitors to that thing I posted.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

birdstrike posted:

when you think about it, vigs also find out a player’s alignment

Bullet cop

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Pander posted:

And I've played games that basically existed only as a vehicle for me to get into screaming matches with merk.

Huh me too.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

My first game was one of yours, clearly marked "newbie friendly." I was scum.

Near the end of the game, the game merged with a different game you were running at the same time, one I hadn't read because I wasn't in it.

Thread A, the scum were near victory. Thread B had just finished off their last scum. So the new town of Thread A-and-B realized they should just pick off members of Thread A in order of suspiciousness.

It did not feel "newbie friendly."

I remember reading one of those. I cringed hard.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Vengeful roles, where they get to vig someone if they die, are pretty funny

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Opopanax posted:

That's just a specific style of fun that still counts :colbert:

Hey no having fun in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

He did that to UP after Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch over the mod lying to his players.

edit- I think this is also the game where I got him to post his role PM but I am uncertain.

DGK2000 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 1, 2023