Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Wanted: One replacement for Mystery Village Mafia. A game in late day 1.

Can offer frustration, arbitrary roles. Desired: posts.

Put me in, coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe I should get back into Mafia, I tell myself for the 50th time. Then I remember that I only like running games and not playing in them. Also, the games I run are bad.

I am ready for Roppongi Crisis 2

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Literally Hitler

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's on par with Hal daykilling two scum and basically leading to the only flawless town victory I've ever seen. Which started with a turbo of scum hambeet.

And I won for both town and my own scumteam on D2 of the game. Almost forgot that one!

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Good Place is probably my finest performance.

I was on a scum team with 4 other people who all died on days 1-4, I managed to slip through all the way down to 3 by dodging several close calls and won by talking CapnAndy into executing binus instead of me by convincing him that my scum buddies had been aggressively bussing binus

I can make up some pretty convincing cases when my back is against the wall

One of my favorites too! I replaced in for Amnistar as a bounty hunter and killed two of my targets on the first two nights and tricked Tom Tucker into claiming his flavor and then immediately shot him to abscond with a win.

My favorite personal moment was probably the Sir Mix-A-Lot fake claim in Butt Mafia that carried the scum team to victory.

Although there are so many games it’s really hard to pick the best moment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

There's been a lot of fun things but for absolute favourite, it's too hard to top YOLO FRONTLINE

Just seeing everyone's horrified reactions roll in as our soldier game's first ever battle lineup was revealed. With me, the load-bearing thread leader, standing right there in the front line. On N1.

I had an item that'd nullify almost everything that targeted me but they didn't know that lol

Definitely one of the most memorable mafia moments for sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

butt

Oh that was a Cheese Sandwich game. Hope that guy is ok, I should still run Boomtown.

The relevant bit:

buttzzzzz posted:

God I have been wanting to claim this role all game because it is so hilarious and hosed up.

I am Sir Mix-A-Lot and I like big butts. I am also a Random Cop.

What this means is that every night I visit every single player in the game, and I randomly pick one and stare at their butt all night. If they are a butt-aligned butt I am happy and go about my business the next day. If they are a big old scumass booty I can't get it out of my mind and therefore can't vote the next day. At least that was how *I* interpreted what ST said, but apparently "can't vote until the end of the day" means you can vote TO end the day and not you can't vote all day.

So basically I have no ability to choose a target, I constantly seem suspicious because I can be watched/tracked to every single kill (and I also confuse everyone's results because they will see me no matter who they watch) and then when I do find scum with my random power I can't vote them unless they get to -1. It's a completely hosed up role but it is also really funny.

N1 I randomly watched foo and he was butt-aligned, N2 it was ellipson, same result and last night was Quidnose and I was told he was a big old scumass booty butt and my vote restriction was in effect.

Quid's most recent play has been way townier than it was earlier and with all the ways for the power roles in this game to be hosed with I wouldn't rule out framing/busdriving (or one of the other two being a godfather) but that would be almost too much against the town.

Quid defending Neon who still seems pretty scummy to me while also seeming to be willing to lynch everyone else in the game except the lurking new guy fits in pretty well with this being LYLO and he and Neon + someone are the scum (gorf/MMM?).

My real role was scum Reverse Ninja booty butt so that part about being seen everywhere was true at least, the rest all lies. And it got Quid killed in LYLO when he was like super townie in that game too. Even he mostly believed my claim and tried to say maybe he was framed.

Poor Quidnose, I antagonized him a lot in Mafia games.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poor Quidnose getting owned again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

My favorite game was Yami's choose someone else's role because of the role I received: Fibber, where the last thing I claimed was my role

I formed a mason group, found an SK infected victim, cured them, day vigged the cop, and threw my former mason cured SK victim under the bus for the win

I would play any game with that role again in a heartbeat, so much fun. I still remember Yami in discord telling me there's no way he would give me a role even when I fibbed it and it was towns fault if they were dumb enough to think that he would

Game here

Omg Quid getting beat in LYLO AGAIN!

Everyone’s favorite moment involves Quidnose playing the patsy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Final Fantasy 1 Mafia

I was part of a three person cult, (and not the recruiter) the two other cult members died day one, I confessed to not having a town alignment day two and managed to play it off long enough to get the win.

The winning Keane personality goes a long way

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think this is the greatest game of mafia ever played by one person

Run by one of my favorite mods (Amoeba) and just amazingly dominated in the most entertaining way by one of my favorite players (and mods) Opoponax. If you are a newer player you should seriously read that game to see Opopanax at the height of his powers like some kind of Mafia Alan Thicke. Eternal respect and that had to be so much fun to be him. That was one of my first games, and I was the chump getting killed at the end but it was just awesome and I will never forget that one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I have unretired.

My greatest foe is back

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

His name is raising a lot of questions that his name already answers.

I can’t praise this post enough, I laughed pretty hard.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks Shell, this alone will probably double my game modding output. You are the best.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Jump King

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

Thank you for your service, Alli. Thank you pending future computer touchers.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

blooddasbootcelery posted:

what's happening here

What’s going on with your username? I love das boot, celery is whatever, blood is bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Why would you need to warn people not to order *bees* oh Opop?

Don't worry, I will only send you wasps and hornets this year

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

My account on these forums is somehow 20 years old.

I'm feeling nostalgic, and just wanted to pop in and say that in those two decade, this is probably the community I've stuck around the most. I know I haven't posted much in the last few years, but I just wanted you all to know I still read and think about this community every once in a while. Hope everyone is well.

I was kind of down, but now I feel better. Thanks Max!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Great to see the PS3 has graduated to a retro gaming center.

I assume that is an old model that can do PS1 and PS2?

Sweet corner for sure!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

This is just an anonymous tip to a potential secret santa: the gift I had on order I forgot to actually order so it may be a little late

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Happy birthday to the best mod of all time!

Oh and also to Opopanax.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Happy birthday if you were born today

I do have a friend that was born today. I’ll pass this along

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Happy birthday Vote Finder

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Seems like we are really devaluing the birthday wishes in here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can't believe you are making me dredge up memories of Frank

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My secret santa gift came! Some guy had to hand deliver it me, that was pretty neat.

There was this really cool card game with these beautiful cards and some tasty caramels!

Thanks so much mystery santa, we are looking forward to playing this tonight while getting these caramels stuck in our teeth

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Now we all know where Hal lives, get 'im!

You are all welcome to come harass me in person any time!

I mean I am gone at least 50% of the time but someone here will put up with you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Lake House Murder 2023

I would definitely come to this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am hoping my person got their stuff... haven't heard anything but I know it was delivered to... someplace

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

If you all promise not to gamethrow on day 2 again I will host another mafia game sometime this season.

I’ll try to win outright on D1 this time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jump King posted:

I will say that thread has a lot of posters in there who weren’t involved in any of this and are mostly there to get in on the drama, so it’s a bit hyperbolic. But good to read if you hadn’t heard about any of this stuff.

Yeah, I had basically no idea that most of that had happened, and I even played in Riven!

The posts from the people that were actually involved are quite reasonable and understandable. But there is definitely a lot of misconstruing and people chiming in who clearly have no idea of what even happened and are reacting to a thread title

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

S’up bromore. Every time I have to suffer through another game with hambeet I always wonder what happened to the good Australians

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

“win the game early by not having to play any more"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish I could read all these exciting new posts but I’m about to get on a plane

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey schwinne, what’s happening. Always glad to see you here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

I propose b- for Mafia Champs based on performance in the All Stars game I ran and the stats I ran for that game.

Show us the stats!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thank you to my mystery secret Santa, the Annihilation movie timeline palette thing (not even sure what to call it) was a totally cool and unique gift that is now hanging in my room in a place of honor.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EGalz18 posted:

Yay! The Abyss was also very pretty, but the green felt like a more fitting choice.

This was the other option...

Ah ha! You were my first guess as to who it was (because you knew it was my birthday and I assumed the only place someone would see that was Elfster)

Fantastic, bees would have been cool too, but harder to hang up. Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would love to see Cube bring the championship home to us