Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I still want to put together a Mistborn game sometime.

I'll flare some zinc to make this more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Greek Mythology Mafia has launched, a game about heroes, a game about gods, and a game about the trials and tribulations they put each other through.

This is a game for 13 players and is a bit more on the experimental end than most of my games. But it should be fun and interesting.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you which game you should join

Oooh, do me!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have a game ready in the wings for when the newbie game finishes or starts wrapping up, so it is pretty low on the complexity scale.

Disney Song Mafia, a game for 13 players is coming soon to a Theater near you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Coming from the Vault, a new game of Mafia is going to be available only on VHS for a limited time.

Mafia: Disney Sing-Along Edition, is a fast paced, newbie friendly game for 13 people.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Disney Sing-Along Edition has ended in a ~~~~TOWN~~~~ Victory!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I want an @votefinder.org email address plz.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cookfia 7: You'll Roux the Day is open for recruitment. A game for as many players as sign up with roles distributed based on cooking.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Cookfia 7: You'll Roux the Day is open for recruitment. A game for as many players as sign up with roles distributed based on cooking.

Still need three more.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

"Mafia Discussion Thread: Everyone here is getting old 👴"

Yes, getting...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Maybe once Jemery is 18 steak can come back

That was pre-pandemic. Jemery has a wife and kids now!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Speaking of Secret Santas. Maer was mine, and I have received part 1 of my gift.
A set of foodie dice. You roll them for a randomized inspiration on what to cook. Look forward for them to feature prominently in Cookfia 8: Roll the Dice, coming to a thread near you in February 2023 (probably)

They are super cool because they have a set of seasonal dice you swap out based on what's fresh.

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 20, 2022

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh good, I'm CMCE certified.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will have a game up tomorrow.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hey look, a terrible idea has emerged.

CYOWIFOA Mafia, a game for as many people show up before I decide to stop recruiting is now available to join.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will give others an opportunity to post a newbie friendly game first, but I have an idea on the backburner I can drop if we need it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Numberwang! A game of Mafia for 13 players coming soon to a thread near you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I think one problem I have with mafia is that I want to like it more than I do. I'm a loving dogshit terrible mafia player. Like seriously, I'm really loving bad. I'm terrible at playing games. I'm not too good at running them either. So generally, I just admire mafia games from afar. :(

I've enjoyed playing in your games.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Well in that case, I should finish polishing up the design for a 15 person game: Mistborn: Chaos in Luthadel.

Is there anyone that would be willing to skip playing in order look over the design of this game?

God I need to play this. Make me Breeze plz.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I use execute.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am happy to be on the list of resources to contact.

I am less happy to be an IK, I don't think we need one, and I really like that Leperflesh and Video Games have opened themselves up as resources to escalate to for the community, but if there is a consensus that the community wants an IK, I'd do it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

I think we should say our handles, our first mafia game, a favorite mafia memory, and why we like to play mafia and/or something fun about ourselves.

I am Grandicap, my first game was 2010's Consequences Mafia, run by Voodoofly, Chili, and Soru and it informed my modding style very heavily. I have too many favorite memories from mafia to count, but some early ones are feeding scum information with my role in consequences (as a side effect), then catching them for having knowledge they shouldn't have, then completely believing the survivor claim and letting them go before some vets called me an idiot and executed him. I think it was Cidrick, but I'm not super sure. My first scum game was GoldenZucchini's Final Fantasy II, where we got a flawless scum victory and a quick hammer for the win because I couldn't go to sleep because of adrenaline from the game, so I got out of bed and all of the scum were around to drop the hammer because a townie misvoted. I still chase that feeling. My first Fire and Ice game in Khabeum's Covert Ops was absurdly fun, in a 15 player game there was a 4 man scum team with an usurper, a 3 man scum team, and a cult recruiter. More non-town than town that game.
As for newer stuff, I've slowed the gently caress down but calling the shot in WIFOA:Eternal Twilight and getting SiV as a mason partner and treating it as a confirmed masonry was awesome. And running Cookfias (Especially getting forced to make Voodoo's role more and more complex). And being a new mod guide for the past couple of years has been a lot of fun, seeing this community grow is awesome.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I'm Opop, formerly Retro Futurist, formerly Opop.

My first game here was Amoeba's Plainsville, which was full of reverse death millers and set up me up for a career full of failure.

My favorite game was anytime I was scum or sk, and my favorite memory was both SCUMHUNTER and the bloodbath that followed it

SCUMHUNTER was so ridiculous.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

Keane sent me and Deadcow bees.

I sent you bees too!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Numberwang! A newbie friendly game of mafia for 13 players is now open for recruitment.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

According to Facebook I made Flying Jacob 10 years ago today

I think I still have my drink based version on my photo roll. God, I still remember the taste.
Here's a hint, don't make a vodka based drink with a chicken stock mixer.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

oh nooooooooo please tell me that this is a jape

If you have archives, here it is in all it's glory.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683550&userid=92138#post438920351

If not, have this.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Numberwang! has ended in a ~~~Town~~~ Victory!

Thanks all for playing!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ecco is a creator of Avant Garde games of mafia, if you can't understand their beauty, maybe their games aren't for you. Fun is not the thing on the forefront of her mind when designing a setup, fun can be had, but only if it is driven by the soul of the game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Sure it is, just Ecco's fun specifically ,which I respect

No, ecco has a distaste for fun. It is not intended for the landed gentry such as her. She is more comfortable with the sense of satisfaction she gets from her designs, and maybe an occasional sensible chuckle.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Congrats to you both!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Grandi, I need you to make a new cookfia, quickly

I'm gonna be out of town the next two weekends, so I was going to put it up when I got back, but gently caress it, I can mod from a laptop.

Cookfia 8: Spice and Dice, a game for as many players as show up is now open for recruitment.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Grandi, I need you to give me a N0 vig for the new Cookfia so I can nip this in the bud.

No.

girl dick energy posted:

Grandi, I need you to have a good day, because you deserve it.

<3

Bifauxnen posted:

Grandi, Opop, I don't care who, I need that lasagna

IKR, an Opop recipe I might actually attempt and also can be the inspiration for people to make similar things and get points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

##feed homunculus

Your homunculus looks up at you in delight as he burrows into the pile of refuse you left out for him. He emerges from the other side, trash smeared all over his face and lets out a huge burp.

Frank liked this.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I accidentally ordered four whole things of celery, rather than four stalks of celery. What's a good recipe I can do to use this all up?

Ants on a log

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It looks like 1 crab won't make a dent. You need a horde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbpvWsBpr4E

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

That was 5 days ago, the celery would have all gone bad by now, you fools

Celery can last 2 weeks if you put it in some water, or if you only have a few stalks, wrapping it in a wet paper towel. So maybe the fool is you?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

So what did you do with the celery, Retro Futurist!!

Opopanax posted:

I just did a cream of celery, that works

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Is that jamon iberico?!

Only 50% Iberico stock, there was a price limit that I didn't entirely ignore!

Enjoy it Shell.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Do I have time to update my wishlist?

I have a secret for you, if you want to increase your ham-based, Iberico adjacent, gifts in the future, just live in Spain.

You've already had practice with emigration now that you are a Canadian, just apply your knowledge to doing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

To my Santee: there was a delay one one of your gifts so they are arriving on Dec 28-29 as of right now.

Will the bees survive the delay? :ohdear: