Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gio posted:

im still mad at oocc

indisputable king troll.

Stop posting in D&D you goober. You are not fighting a righteous battle you are just letting yourself be trolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Pingui posted:

Direct comparison of Pfizer, Moderna, Novavax and J&J on 14 parameters. Sorry in advance that it is overly long, but it addresses the direct comparison between vaccines which is one of the most common questions in the thread.

More accessible news article on the research: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00885-y

Good paper, much more in-depth immune profiling than the usual antibody titers. At 6 months Moderna produced the most spike-specific CD4 T cells and spike-specific CD8 T cells, and spike-specific memory B cells. J&J memory B cells have a different profile than mRNA ones

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
This should be good for a laugh:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/30/23002916/white-house-covid-19-information-site-coronavirus posted:

The White House has launched a new COVID-19 information site, COVID.gov
COVID.gov is a hub for information about the COVID-19 virus

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

I bit the bullet and bought that case of 9210+ last night.

Got a shipped notification with tracking number this morning.

The price wasnt as good as the other two vendors that I'd used, but with no tax and free shipping - and them actually shipping - I'd say that more than makes up the difference

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

The price wasnt as good as the other two vendors that I'd used, but with no tax and free shipping - and them actually shipping - I'd say that more than makes up the difference

i've been waiting on a big box of 9210's for two goddamn months

where are you ordering from

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

"Over the past several weeks"

Just rip tearing through what tiny levels of protection exists while cases are low as they watch what's happening in Europe and elsewhere and know that it'll be here at some point.

surely this time cases will continue to decrease after 10 weeks

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Goddamn, save some Covid for the rest of us

garashir fanfic
Oct 22, 2020

Title Text
Is there a guide to max titering somewhere? I know some people (US) who had the single shot J&J + one booster who are nervous about being so poorly vaccinated and I'm not sure if it's still possible to pull the "first shot forgot my id" trick. There's nothing in the OP about it.

Runaway Trashbot
Mar 13, 2022

by Games Forum
I assume that we'll never officially know that COVID is back this time will we?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Runaway Trashbot posted:

Not till the ICUs are overflowing

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Runaway Trashbot posted:

we will see the trend in cases change (we already have)

however, it will be impossible to look at case data and compare this wave to prior waves to prove how mild covid is getting

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

garashir fanfic posted:

Is there a guide to max titering somewhere? I know some people (US) who had the single shot J&J + one booster who are nervous about being so poorly vaccinated and I'm not sure if it's still possible to pull the "first shot forgot my id" trick. There's nothing in the OP about it.

time to do that is running out. federal money for vaccinations will cut off in 12 days or so

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

Not till the ICUs are overflowing

:lol:

The CDC will just change their criteria to prevent that.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

...and let the herd immunity flow! *puts hand to earpiece* Wait, what's that? There is no such thing as herd immunity with a coronavirus!? Oh...oh, no!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Watching this slow motion suicide by western society would be really interesting if I wasn't living through it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

The CDC will just change their criteria to prevent that.

I mean, they can't stop the ICUs from overflowing.

They can tell us the ICUs are overflowing for other reasons or just lie about it happening, but it will happen.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Hey hey you, what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down!
Ahh yes, ain't that fresh.
Everybody's lungs get cheesed to death.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

Stop posting in D&D you goober. You are not fighting a righteous battle you are just letting yourself be trolled.

anytime I click into dnd and click into any thread at all I read one or two posts max before I nope out of it. why even bother lol. it's not entertaining or fun and everyone hates each other

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

platzapS posted:

Same. I already have bought 2 cases that are stuck in limbo, so happy to have some that say they're shipping.

Industrial safety products is who just shipped next day.

Industrial safety and Zoro are mega backordered.

I've bought PPE from all 3 in the past, trust they're legit.

I plan on cancelling the other 2 cases as soon as this case shows.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Hey Nocturtle remember what I said about an increasing attrition rate

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Weighing the idea of trying to talk my way into a third j&j shot before j&j disappears forever. I can’t do current mRNA vaccines due to allergies. Piss.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

"Over the past several weeks"

Just rip tearing through what tiny levels of protection exists while cases are low as they watch what's happening in Europe and elsewhere and know that it'll be here at some point.

Most of those cruises put in at European ports and Europe is currently on fire lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DarkEuphoria posted:

Weighing the idea of trying to talk my way into a third j&j shot before j&j disappears forever. I can’t do current mRNA vaccines due to allergies. Piss.

Just do it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Most of those cruises put in at European ports and Europe is currently on fire lmao

Thank god COVID is over.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

AppleNippleBOB posted:

A mask on the face is worth two in the backorder

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Thoguh posted:

This post is giving me a flashback to when Lolapalooza happened and Chicago Public health put out a bunch of PR about how there were only a single digit number of cases from it.

Everyone flew in and traveled from elsewhere! If they got sick it happened after they got home! And beside, nobody that got sick in Chicago itself was gonna mark "Got it at Lolly" somewhere on the report.

At one point they claimed only slightly more than two hundred cases.

“Wow! So your event only killed one person! That’s wonderful!”

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

RedQueen posted:

Good paper, much more in-depth immune profiling than the usual antibody titers. At 6 months Moderna produced the most spike-specific CD4 T cells and spike-specific CD8 T cells, and spike-specific memory B cells. J&J memory B cells have a different profile than mRNA ones

My titers are strong and my neuropathy reversible. Cave Cassandra stays winning.

garashir fanfic
Oct 22, 2020

Title Text

bedpan posted:

time to do that is running out. federal money for vaccinations will cut off in 12 days or so

Ok but where are the instructions. I didn't do it myself so I don't want to pass on wrong information

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

garashir fanfic posted:

Ok but where are the instructions. I didn't do it myself so I don't want to pass on wrong information

Probably the easiest way is go to the pharmacist and ask for your *first shot.* You don't have an ID or insurance. The pharmacist is suppose to just give it to you but if they balk, just go to another place.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Platystemon posted:

Shouting to someone in a rainstorm: “How long are you going to keep holding that umbrella?”

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

platzapS posted:

Refresh this site like you're shopping for a RTX 3080, I guess. No promises about customer service but presumably 3M will only link to authorized distributors so probably won't get fakes. Not that anybody's bothering making fakes of 9210+s that I've heard of.

https://ui.mkpl.3m.com/buyingOptions/70071620861

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I'd uninstalled the Washington state covid notification app because covid is over but the WADOH just pushed an alert and a download for the app through the play store, which is a really weird thing to do since covid is over, haha! Silly Washington department of health.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The Oldest Man posted:

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Pingui posted:

I don't think we can exactly conclude that reinfections are worse from this. We would expect the people with the most dysfunctional immune system to be the most likely to be reinfected and 3 infections during that time period is a lot.

But applying the heuristic of "always more/always worse", we can.

Won't the most vulnerable have been the most likely to die in infections 1 and 2 though, and thus "ineligible" for a 3rd infection? After all, the only way to gain immunity is death.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 14:39 on Mar 4, 2023

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwLEnDku_Uw

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Yay!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's running a close second to Oceania

Whoooo ANZAC pride we're #1 :australia: :nz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

now do that every 16 days forever until we successfully breed the Omega variant