Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Macaluso posted:

Breath of the Wild is a good game

lol april fools

Da da da daaaah!

You found me!

You have gained one posting korok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope you're all psyched for my NFT drop

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are korok seeds better or worse than gold skulltulas?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FirstAidKite posted:

Skulltulas are spiders and korok seeds are poop. Pick your poison

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
a horrid scritching noise or a rock on top of a mountain

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FirstAidKite posted:

You can use posting koroks to increase your maximum shitposts.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
generally i like spiders but the cursed spider people in ocarina horrified me as a child to the point i only ever got the first reward

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just finished Aria of Sorrow for the first time in years, Julius being not only the toughest boss in the game but also by an absolute magnitude owns lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Korok seeds are the NFTs of Hyrule prove me wrong

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least someone gets money out of scamming people with NFTs I guess, Korok seeds are worthless

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you can get stuff for korok seeds

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it doesn't take the electrical consumption of a small nation to get a korok seed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Korok seeds are the NFTs of Hyrule prove me wrong

No that's figurines in wind waker/minish cap

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

haveblue posted:

it doesn't take the electrical consumption of a small nation to get a korok seed

Sorry but if you want to trade me 5 korok seeds you'll need to provide me proof of every korok seed transaction that ever occurred up to date.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The koroks are cute so I'm ok with there being 900 of them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm kind of interested in Gundam Evolution but I don't know how much I really care about a f2p Not Overwatch

I'm still playing too much Maxiboost though lol

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Infinitum posted:

April Chat Thread: Tits are pretty magical

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Neither require you to get all of them to get every worthwhile reward so they're both equal in that regard. Skulltulas are easier to get all of them and have a better purpose for doing so, but that also makes you feel bad if you don't do it cause you curse spider dad to eternal suffering. Koroks are way way worse to get all of them, but there's literally no reason to unless you are an insane person. Therefore I suppose ultimately Korok seeds edge out Skulltullas as you can't judge them by the motives of the deranged.

They are both better than Twilight Princess poes however because there's no in-game method to track areas that still have poes so if you want to get all of them to help out the gold dude you're in trouble. (They did change this in HD but the lantern is still not as good as OoT's map system).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think the titmouse is pretty magical

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

hatty posted:

I think the titmouse is pretty magical

Good bird / bokeh combo

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
mostly posting to complain about Aleppo in the hopes that they will die the next few times I try. I want black knife teacher

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think Aleppo has had enough violence already.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Played some more of the new Kirby last night. The shine has worn off and I do not think it is very good.

No stamina bar so you can spam moves, small ability choice, some hats look so bad it is like they copy and pasted using MS Paint, janky movement where you miss everything, overly generous time limits on the challenges so you can beat them with your eyes closed.

Shame.

finally some humanity from vg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

VideoGames posted:

Played some more of the new Kirby last night. The shine has worn off and I do not think it is very good.

No stamina bar so you can spam moves, small ability choice, some hats look so bad it is like they copy and pasted using MS Paint, janky movement where you miss everything, overly generous time limits on the challenges so you can beat them with your eyes closed.

Shame.

This is funny because the last time someone rhetorically asked you if you even disliked any games, I was gonna be cheeky and say "Not a fan of Kirby, I think" but I thought that would be a bit mean

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm kind of interested in Gundam Evolution but I don't know how much I really care about a f2p Not Overwatch

I'm still playing too much Maxiboost though lol

I mean for free, I'll try it when I'm home from work. I'm definitely prepared for it to be not nearly as cool as I want it to be though.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Did the gamer's april fools get cancelled. I like the fake announcements. Platinumgames is doing something maybe. Also I need to look for a new avatar. Chrono Cross is gonna be fun to revisit. OK that's all I got take care

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love my job

April fools:smith:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A Very low key April fool

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
low key lie-smith

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Pandas in World of Warcraft?!

What have they been smoking?!!?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apparently Google didn't do April fools these past couple of years out of respect for the victims of covid 19 ??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In full seriousness I am ready to play chrono cross again

Again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do the different party members in chrono cross have like actual characterization, plot importance, or anything like that? Or are they just kind of filler with no importance to the story and are more or less just a bunch of unique accents/speech quirks?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Whizzing Wizard posted:

You weren't kidding:

April 2022 video game releases

Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 1
Terrorbane [PC, Switch] – April 1
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 5
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition [Switch] – April 7
Demeo: PC Edition [PC] – April 7
Slipstream [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 7
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [Switch] – April 8
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim [Switch] – April 12
Back 4 Blood: Tunnels of Terror DLC [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – April 12
B.I.O.T.A. [PC] – April 12
Uragun [PC] – April 12
Abriss [PC] – April 14
Bush Hockey League [Switch] – April 14
Cat Cafe Manager [PC, Switch] – April 14
Crimesight [PC] – April 14
Tormented Souls [Switch] – April 14
Ember Knights [PC] – April 20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [Switch] – April 20
Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – April 21
The Serpent Rogue [PC, PS5, XSX, Switch] – April 26
MLB The Show [Switch] – April 27
Kaiju Wars [PC] – April 28
Nintendo Switch Sports [Switch] – April 29

The Cycle: Frontier [PC] – April TBC
Trolley Problem, Inc [PC] – April TBC
some other stuff this month

System Purge, cutedark little avoid-em-up platformer comes out on the 5th
Chinatown Detective Agency, point n click adventure with Carmen Sandiego-influence, comes out on the 7th (on Gamepass)
Epiphany City, a cute tile-based puzzle game about magically rearranging elements on the screen, comes out on the 12th
Astral Ascent, a roguelite by the developers of Dark Devotion, also releases on the 12th
MOTHERFUCKING SEPHONIE comes out on the 12th
Turbo Overkill releases in early access on the 22nd
and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe on the 27th

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

Do the different party members in chrono cross have like actual characterization, plot importance, or anything like that? Or are they just kind of filler with no importance to the story and are more or less just a bunch of unique accents/speech quirks?

AintCHA thinkin too hard about this, mister??

The correct answer is they are as important as you feel they should be. The game doesn't do much to decide after they're officially in your party.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
interested in playing chrono cross but still haven't been able to finish trigger despite 5 attempts in my life. music owns tho

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

External Organs posted:

Da da da daaaah!

You found me!

You have gained one posting korok.

Whenever I find a korok under a rock I like to drop it back down on their head to hear the little ooft noise they make

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I want to be a Chinatown Detective

Also if it's doing real-world research stuff I need to get in on the ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shinjobi posted:

I love my job

Hell, same

Shinjobi posted:

April fools:smith:

Also same