Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

A.o.D. posted:

Is this what they think is going to happen?

This is my first time opening this thread this month and this is the first post I see so I assume April is going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Bromeopathic

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He’s an rear end in a top hat and that’s the only way he should be described.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
There were $500 million specifically for wastewater surveillance in COVID funding bills.

Around 10% of that has been spent.

It would help fill the gaps in testing that have been created by at home tests.

Who cares lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stultus Maximus posted:

The N-95s are still pretty drat effective and I might just wear one any time I fly for the rest of my life because not getting sick after a long flight is p cool.

Other than a few seasonal allergy related issues I’ve been remarkably healthy since I started masking up.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Uhhh I am immediately distrustful of any move by the government of Florida, but this seems good?

Only downside I can think of is no Reedy Creek nuclear power station.

Raising taxes on people out of anti-LGBTQ spite doesn’t seem like a good thing, even if it fucks Disney.

E: I’m also conflicted because it’s Florida but I’m gonna have to say it’s overall not a good thing.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 20, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Taxes in Florida are going to skyrocket and everyone who votes in Florida will blame Biden lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He will just blame the libs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why do we all hate Schumer again when it's obviously Manchin and Sinema who are the two worse Dems in the Senate?

because you shouldn't hold only the worst accountable

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Platystemon posted:

AFAIK neither Manchin nor Sinema have an imaginary family in their head that they attempt to cater to.

This got a verbal “oh gently caress off” reaction from me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tiny Timbs posted:

this is going to accelerate twitter's slide into irrelevance faster than @jack's continued leadership would've

3 months of being known for "that place [even more] full of nazis and abusers" and everybody who isn't a massive piece of poo poo will finally move on

i'm saying i'm going to hand it to elon and no i don't care about the dril tweet

Yeah it’ll be just like Fox News and completely disappear when rational people get tired of it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Flikken posted:

I imagine if it goes on very long and he doesn't pay the fines it escalates and warrants get issued??

for you and me, maybe.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BIG HEADLINE posted:

But...if they do that and it WORKS, then those pesky voters that never contribute in meaningful amounts to campaigns or PACs (oh god the DNC hates their non-paying voter base SO MUCH) are gonna want them to do it again! For free! :ohdear:

If they gave us housing and healthcare and debt forgiveness they could tax me at 70% and skim 10% off the top and I wouldn’t give a gently caress.

It would be very easy for me to be ok with being robbed blind.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lightpole posted:

This is where I'm at. So cancel debt but figure out a way to ensure at least two more years of schooling with preferably 4.

We can’t even cancel the student debt we have and you want to throw more hurdles in the way?

“We already paid so don’t cancel it” is now “they will have to pay so don’t cancel it”

I know this isn’t exactly what you’re saying but it’s still an lol-worthy pendulum swing.

Two sides of the same stupid coin.

Don’t couple it with poo poo. Just get it done ffs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You call it a band aid. I call it a tourniquet.

You don’t forego the tourniquet because you’re not prepped for surgery.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

not caring here posted:

If people think it isn't fair that they had to pay for school, then blame the fuckers who made them pay for it in the first place, not condemn everyone ever that has to go into debt to go to school.

This is not a hard concept.

Borrowers are poor. Easier to target people with less resources to defend themselves.

It’s why we get mad at immigrants for working for pennies, not the citizen that is paying them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/nro/status/1519293576626192387?s=21&t=GDXRrh_HGodENukyvxvUNg

This might be the worst take I have seen on this debate.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

FrozenVent posted:

There are ways to disagree without resorting to insulting each others, use them.

Shut up, buttsniffer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ah well,

Nevertheless.