Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Timby posted:

We'll, Sergio Mitre raped and murdered his girlfriend's daughter,

Oh cool my immediate response is to this was "Who? WHAT THE gently caress?" and the subsequent Google search revealed he didn't actually rape the toddler, just murdered her. So gold loving star I guess that's somehow slightly loving better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Johnny Bravo posted:

I wanna see a combined inside the park home run someday

A single where a pinch runner steals 2nd, 3rd and home?

seiferguy posted:

Aren't combined no hitters more rare than a regular no no?

All regular no hitters ARE combined no hitters, sir. The bullpen and rotation are a team

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Learn from the Marlins and replace all backstops with aquariums or horrified anxious animals in cages.

E: but liked themed! Like a horse for the Rangers. Some snakes in Arizona. Sets of twins on the right and left side in Minnesota and we can see if they both flinch when fastballs fire at one of them! In LA, no obstructions. Just an overconfident person who will have to move out of the way.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 1, 2022

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

It's also not like these streaming services are sitting on time slot restrictions the way broadcasters are. Apple doesn't have any sports programming. Now they do. They want some diversification.

E: I like the A+ broadcast. I hate the service. But if you VPN from the Netherlands you can watch the A+ broadcast through MLB.tv which I already loving pay for.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

I mean it's definitely not great but he doesn't appear to ever use the word in a hateful context at least? He's using it as a "bro/homie/etc" replacement which imo is still not good but a far cry from Hader flat out making pro white power tweets.

He's like 13-16 in these tweets right? Seems just stupid/ignorant.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

Harvey 2016-2021 (six season): 539.1 IP (~90 IP per season average) 5.92 ERA, 5.00 FIP, 1.513 WHIP. Dude's loving toast and has been for years at this point. The fact that he even had a minor league deal is kinda wild even ignoring the drug stuff. It's crazy just how many times you can faceplant and still get another chance as long as you had one or two good seasons at some point in your career.

Not a question specific to Harvey but if a player is suspended can they just say "nah gently caress that" and go play internationally? Like if I got hit with 80 games could I go turn around and sign a contract to play in the KBO for a year? And if I could, if I then signed an MLB contract the year after would my suspension be considered served, or is the clock still stopped?

Bad teams with bad pitching need people who can eat innings for cheap and not destroy their arms of their young players to do it.

Hell some of those folks move to the bullpen and even end up decent after just existing to fill vacuum.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

It really is fascinating how back in the day it was considered common wisdom in pretty much all professional sports that all strength training could possibly do was damage your fundamental/technical ability.

It's also entirely possible they were right. It's not like sports science was a thing. There's a decent chance someone would tell them to do 100 reps or lift the heaviest thing with the worst form imaginable.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Popete posted:

Probably the most difficult thing and why it wasn't so popular is lifting in season. You're playing 162 games, basically every day. You're already putting your body through a ton of stress and constant injury, finding the energy and more importantly the time to recover is difficult, I honestly don't know how pro players manage it. I suspect it's mostly a maintenance program in season and then the off season is when you really push for gains.

And that's to my understanding how most leagues work now. Baseball is probably the toughest with the schedule and shortest off-season, too. Football has built in lifting schedules to optimize around recovering for game time but it's just maintenance.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

I can't believe the defending AL East champion Rays, who beat the Yankees 10 times last year, suggested that with 18 more chances, they could beat them again.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Last year I had a co worker league set bizarrely to a 1000 IP limit (capped, not min). Drafted around it, prioritized RP, K/9, win rates, whole yard. With a month left in the season league owner removes cap, says it was clearly a mistake and no one really played around it but me.

I'm not coming to blows at work over the league, but it's unethical as poo poo in a buy in league, so I just kinda wrote the folks all off as "do not engage in trust based transactions" with.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Traxis posted:

Joc pronounces GIF correctly, +1 for team Joc

I disagree with Goc

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

What point is this supposed to make. You can see here that they are getting 74 OPS+ from 2/3 of the Outfield. You think it's a crazy statement to say they need to get better production from those spots? I even think those might be fine if they didn't have non hitters at C and SS too. I think that chart makes the point that a few of us are making.

How much of the farm would they sell for Soto?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

crawfish used to be like $2 a pound then hurricanes happened and the price went up to $7 a pound and never came back down because people were willing to pay it

gently caress capitalism imo

If by hurricanes happened you mean all of New Orleans got displaced but set up sweet rear end boiled crawfish places in every city in the country sourced back to their Viet fisheries friends directly, yeah.

There's like 5 boiled crawfish places in my suburb in Maryland. They want like $15/lb and people pay it. Absolutely insane.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

crawfish aren't that much work really and are well worth it

and wings aren't really any work at all?

Look I didn't properly learn to split the wings until my 20s so maybe that's their thing.

Though crawfish and wings are both basically impossible to do with my kids around, neither are much work compared to the crab nonsense people put up with here (for delicious crab).

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

Most people don't know how to get the meat out of a crawfish it seems like. It's not that hard. Wiggle the tail to remove it, remove the first two links of shell, then squeeze at the end of the tail and the meat pops right out

It's so upsetting that my wife peels like 5x faster than I do, but once at an all you can eat festival/competition we took advantage of it and I just kept running pounds and pounds back to her while she peeled like a machine and we'd split the bounty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

depends if you're talking about Rougned or Rougned or Rougned or Rouglas

I literally went to high school with yet a different Rougned Odor.