Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1512137771800055812?s=20&t=1rhyozkYN2WaAkkLEi0VNA

And that’s a big ‘ol yikes, Pirates. Love the bobble head idea tho.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Popete posted:

Love that I can't watch an out of market game because it's an Apple Tv+ exclusive. Very cool, this will surely help grow the sport.

On the flip side this is one of the few Nats games I’ll get to watch on TV all season :negative:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1512957102800654340?s=20&t=Av63tRcxasrKr_q3fltPPw

Those are pretty tight. City connect jerseys are 2/2 so far this year.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Surprised that Kamala guy didn’t go with a ‘47 brand hat.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Snyder’s parachute :suicide:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I had a Chris Hoiles action figure when I was little. Kids aren’t looking up some dude’s bbref page.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

If players are seeking alternative options for influencing success I hope we see the revival of those idiotic magnetism necklaces.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Thank god the sticky stuff ban didn’t happen until after the Yankees gave him a big contract.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I think you’ll be ok this series.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Rooting for the Yankees is only ever acceptable when it’s against the Mets.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Get rid of divisions and redo the leagues geographically. Rivalries with your closest teams, especially in NY/LA/Chi would be much more fun if you regularly met in the playoffs and not in the absolutely rare subway series.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Wow look who’s afraid of the White Sox.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

bawfuls posted:

revisiting this, these jerseys are really a mess but I do think the font is good and they should slap that font on their normal jersey after they burn these

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1542912605953605632

Yeah the font is awesome. They went too far with the sleeves.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

“I live a healthy lifestyle,” he said. “I work out. I want my body to naturally fight stuff off.”

- Hunter Dozier Steve Jobs

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Pungry posted:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1548340997230170115

Is it even possible to get equal value for trading away Soto? Dude is incredible.

God damnit

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Cincinnati traded Frank Robinson to Baltimore in exchange for a few scrubs.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I believe the Lerners want to sell. From what I’ve heard, they were all in on getting a WS for family patriarch Ted before he died and now that they have a ring they’re shopping the team. I really hoped they’d keep Soto. It’ll suck to see him on another team. At least Scherzer is probably going in the Hall as a National.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

That’s what happens when you get athletes who spend their entire careers researching random rear end ways to help themselves and then swearing by the results. Matt Carpenter sleeps next to sod and walks barefoot through grass because he thinks it gives him earth energy or something. These dudes are gonna believe god knows what about the vaccine.

Like that dumbass fad in the late aughts of players wearing those metal necklaces that were supposed to balance your magnetic field or whatever. Wasn’t Beckett one of those guys?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Why aren’t the Yankees pursuing Kevin Durant?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Nobody forced him to extend with the Angels. He could of done his time and gotten out to dodge to a team that wants to win if that was important to him.

Starting the conspiracy theory he jumped on the Angels’ extension because he’s known about his back condition and it’s only just now rearing its head.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/talknats/status/1553054046600273921?s=21

Lol and also lmao if that’s true

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

game 7 alcs 2004 and for the yankees fan earlier commenting they hope they're not as bad as mcmagic or whatever, you are. you're all equally awful.

Nah Game 6 was better. That’s the one that broke them. They didn’t even show up to game 7.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Uggghhh gently caress this

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Rip to Vin. He was a legend.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Poque posted:

The Orioles might be absolutely terrifying soon

Just in time for balanced schedules, too. Twenty fewer games against the AL East should be nice.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I roll my eyes at the Field of Dreams game, but will be hooting and hollering when they introduce a Sandlot game in a decade. Or if they go full gimmick and like put a Padres game on an aircraft carrier.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

just found out about cum posey

It’s about playing baseball with your dad

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What an idiot

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Mike_V posted:

Thanks, but Pujols is coming back next year so we can do it again!

If Pujols falls a couple shy of 700 the Cards have to give him another one year deal, right? They’d get crucified for saying no.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Carlos is definitely bailing on the Twins

Boras’ motives aside, I love when a player bets on himself. Shame he hasn’t had the season he was hoping for, tho.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That’s nuts

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

As an avowed Yankee hater, I actually do feel bad for Arod being that close to 700 and getting dropped with a couple months to go in the season. He would have made it. The Yankees did him dirty.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

New walk-up music rule is such a buzzkill move. And the pitch clock will let us enjoy shorter games for a while until MLB starts padding commercial break lengths.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

e: ^^^ fast cars had it a few posts up:

quote:

• The length of batter walk-up music cannot exceed 10 seconds

I thought teams were going to get control of their streaming rights last year or this year. RSNs causing blackouts sucks and I was hoping to be able to buy a plan, even if just for the Nats or O’s, to finally watch games. I guess that was naive and if my memory is even correct teams probably just immediately packaged the rights to the RSNs.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 9, 2022

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Yeah Nomar is the first guy I remember readjusting between pitches and I’d say it was pretty widespread ~2007. I’m hesitantly optimistic about the pitch clock, but I wouldn’t say it’s addressing a recent issue that players failed to take into their own hands.

I can’t remember if it was balwfuls or someone else who posted charts months ago, but I feel like batters redoing all their poo poo has actually eased up from the days of the 5-hour Yankees-Red Sox games.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

(guy with the nerdiest voice ever recorded) um actually technically it's a eheheheheheh zombie runner because let's break it down for 45 minutes here, item one

I feel bad because he’s passionate and knowledgeable about baseball, but his voice is pretty lacking for the co-host role.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Popete posted:

New York solidarity, if one misses the playoffs they both should.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Can’t wait until the Angels ban “O’Doyle” from custom jerseys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

To be clear, that wasn’t a complaint. The joke is hilarious and the Angels officially banning reference to it because they’re so fed up would be even funnier.