Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yankee Twitter is in peak form. The April sky is falling just another part of the fabric of spring at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Gerblederp posted:

It's been 10 days and I'm already sick to death of the gambling poo poo.

Counterpoint: I bet a money line / runs over-under from my seat 5 mins before 1st pitch and it hit opening day and it owned.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I mean he's not wrong.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Michael Conforto ended up having to have shoulder surgery and won't be able to play at all this year. The shoulder concerns were why he never signed with a team. Supposedly he will be ready for spring training next year.

Scott Boras cost him $100 million.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Cmon now, be fair

People from Jersey are just as bad and should be lumped in as well :v:

I feel attacked.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers and Giants are both on pace for 122 wins

Now do the Mets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1518689051225776129?s=20&t=SVS79FMV2ZLPzfAeCxqX8g

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Is a mocking "I have you in fantasy" worth a player climbing the fence to go "hit me motherfucker" to the fan?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Based on the video the worst things were the "stay down" and "he's milking it" directed at the injured player.

I find it hard to believe that the real vile comments were all off camera and the fans were only moments ago cursing and throwing slurs decided to soften their language when the player climbed the fence.

Also "hit me motherfucker" is a weak way to stick up for your injured teammate. How about "back off, he's legit hurt show some respect!"

I loving hate Yankee fans but their is nothing in this video that was good reason to scale the wall and dare somebody who would eat an assault charge for doing it to "hit me".

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sydin posted:

Cubs lost but Ethan Roberts did strike out the side, and I'd just like to highlight that this kid throws a goddamn wiffleball.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1519126399293947904

Going to be a shame when his elbow snaps like a rubber band.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Mets are good and fun. Please stop hitting them in the head.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Show me on the doll where Matt Harvey touched you and then gave you drugs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mets no hitter. Nice.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It’s amazing with Tom Sever and Doc Gooden and a bunch of other good to great pitchers over the years the Mets only have two no hitters.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mets hate ITT. It’s ok. When your on top of the standings you take some heat.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Aren't they just green screens the home audience gets to enjoy ads on?

Not only that the advertising is regional.

The Philly broadcast will have a different ad then the NY one.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Maybe you can take a game off the Mets but you can’t take a series.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

He was washed when we signed him. Good riddance.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Thanks for picking up his contract from the Mariners!

I think they wanted Diaz more then anything.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Subway series is going to be fun this year.

The one in October.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

i believe that the mets will eventually mets themselves

The curse of the Wilpons has been lifted.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

yes famously the troubles of the New York Metropolitans began with the arrival of the Brothers Wilpon

Well since Fred and Jeff (father and son, not brothers) owned the team from 1987 to 2020…yeah I’d say they were a big source of lol Mets for most of their recent history.

The Payson years was an absentee owner leaving the team in the hands of incompetent executives. Not quite the same, though the results were predictable.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

The Mets were 11 games over .500 at one point and had a 5.5 game lead in the division. They finished 77-85.

Right now they're 10 games over .500 and 4.5 games up in the division. They can 100% absolutely, positively Mets this up.

Meanwhile, the Yankees are never going to lose again and it galls me.

Well obviously all's they need is for deGrom to not get hurt again this year and maybe they'll be able to hold onto their lead.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Imagine blowing a 7 run lead in the 9th to a division rival. Man.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

And that’s why you should steal and bunt and do what the gently caress ever to keep adding on runs no matter what the score because you just never know if your opponent has a 7 run ninth inning in them.

In general. I’m not saying the Phillies went into turtle mode.

In short: gently caress unwritten rules.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Happy Bartolo Home Run day everyone.

https://youtu.be/OVFsq9FQBlc

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I don't remember the specifics, but in the NFL there is an East coast team and a West coast playing each other in Germany, and they are both traveling the same distance.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1521818803788820480?s=21&t=KwGruIh_2mQdoQKng1v0CQ

In other news: Mets :woop:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Geeze, how will the bad Yankees manage to pull themselves out of this hole they’re in in the AL.

Going to be a long season in the Bronx.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

mcmagic posted:

lol it's all an evil plot to own people in this specific thread.

Don’t give away my posting secrets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Last time the Mets played the Mariners at home Felix hit a grand slam off of Johan Santana.

gently caress the DH.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol the Mariners sent down Kelenic?!

Jared “Lastings Milledge-Fernando Martinez” Kelenic.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

This is a thing I never knew and I'm glad I do now.

https://youtu.be/hi0UNUqnPBM

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Hip status: not lying.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/anthonydicomo/status/1526657512413532161?s=21&t=zhC3Ir58N-kYsVaqYXnfxg

WHO COULD OF EVER SEEN THIS COMING?!?!?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol Mets will not be denied.

RIP Scherzer

https://twitter.com/ppolakos/status/1527103884111527937?s=21&t=iASGJM4Z1J2P0TPVePulMQ

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 19, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

He's right. Ain't no rule that says a dog can't play baseball!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Mets have lost back to back games once this season.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mets?

Mets.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1529058262779314180?s=21&t=zmWXsKF6A3DG1wBTAKJ7WA

Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Little League stadium.

https://twitter.com/would_it_dong/status/1529269043495981057?s=21&t=aNEcQPDxBkydR3ibSjjlrA