Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

*Consolation prize for New Orleans for retaining Jameis Winston.

The NFC South has four teams. The Bucs, the Saints, the Panthers, and the Falcons. They're all bad in some way or another and we all hate ourselves. Onwards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Another thread, another season of expecting nothing but failure from the Panthers.

They'll accomplish it and I'll still be disappointed

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Excited for another Bucs championship this year.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Excited for another Bucs championship this year.

Only downside is you'll have to photoshop Winfield's hand to be holding up three fingers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Only downside is you'll have to photoshop Winfield's hand to be holding up three fingers.

Or change the text to how many championships with Brady to really annoy people.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Or change the text to how many championships with Brady to really annoy people.

Too bad Brady is certainly going to the Dolphins with Sean Payton this year. Alas.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Too bad Brady is certainly going to the Dolphins with Sean Payton this year. Alas.

Dammit, we were so close.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Is it bad that I'm fully prepared for an awful trade up with the Saints having 2 first round picks? I still get angry about Jonathan Sullivan. I guess the good thing is that if they trade up, it is going to be for a QB.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SundayMoney posted:

Is it bad that I'm fully prepared for an awful trade up with the Saints having 2 first round picks? I still get angry about Jonathan Sullivan. I guess the good thing is that if they trade up, it is going to be for a QB.

We need a 5th one?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

We need a 5th one?

No more Bortles sadly.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

PostNouveau posted:

We need a 5th one?

I would rather see Winston for one more year and then see if Book is decent enough but there has been a ton of smoke of the Saints loving Pickett and it seems mutual.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Here's hoping somebody falls in love with a QB because holy dog poo poo does Carolina need draft picks. After #6 we don't have another until 137, the last non compensatory pick in the fourth.

We need a quarterback but we are not just a quarterback away from contention.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

oldskool posted:

Here's hoping somebody falls in love with a QB because holy dog poo poo does Carolina need draft picks. After #6 we don't have another until 137, the last non compensatory pick in the fourth.

I keep seeing Malik to the Panthers in most mocks now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SundayMoney posted:

I would rather see Winston for one more year and then see if Book is decent enough but there has been a ton of smoke of the Saints loving Pickett and it seems mutual.

I’d rather have anyone other than Winston and Book is never going to be anything, but I do agree that I’m not excited about Pickett. I’d be okay with Wills or Ridder just because there’s raw talent there that could, in theory, become a good QB.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

oldskool posted:

Silly Burrito posted:

I keep seeing Malik to the Panthers in most mocks now.

I think if the Panthers had of ended up with someone that was on the carousel the pick would get moved around but I think they're comfortable taking either the top LT or QB prospect available when they're picking - and given the needs and make up of the teams ahead of them they've got a 100% chance at either one in the 6th slot. More picks makes sense from the whole "just get good players" perspective but when the team needs a QB or a LT and would immediately benefit from either and you can get one at 6 you stay there imo.

Barring the Saints or Steelers jumping right in front of them to take Willis, I think he's their pick.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’d rather have anyone other than Winston

STOP SAYING THIS! THAT MONKEY'S PAW ALREADY CURLED AND IT TOOK THE BROWNS TO SAVE US!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ulmont posted:

STOP SAYING THIS! THAT MONKEY'S PAW ALREADY CURLED AND IT TOOK THE BROWNS TO SAVE US!

I don’t think there are any other rapist QBs out there that they could sign or trade for so it seems pretty safe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think there are any other rapist QBs out there that they could sign or trade for so it seems pretty safe.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

At least he sucks so loving bad now there’s no way he’d keep the job.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

How do I put this? What year was it we learned about Sharper's backstory?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is that posted at the women’s shelter?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

At least he sucks so loving bad now there’s no way he’d keep the job.

Ben's the type to just take it

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Does anyone have a handy list available of times the saints have traded up and came away with value for doing so? Whenever I try to stretch my memory my mind folds back to Ricky Williams and I feel like its a terrible idea

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Does anyone have a handy list available of times the saints have traded up and came away with value for doing so? Whenever I try to stretch my memory my mind folds back to Ricky Williams and I feel like its a terrible idea

No handy list but they traded up for Kamara, Davenport, Ingram, Ramczyk, and Erik McCoy.

They've had pretty stellar recent success. Ingram wasn't worth the price and Davenport has had injury trouble, but neither is a bust and Davenport is just an insane player when healthy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grip it and rip it posted:

As long as they don’t pull a Jonathan Sullivan.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
The Panthers are going to blow the 6th pick on an interior DL, stink for another year, fire Rhule but promote McAdoo, then move to San Antonio because the Rock Hill, SC deal fell through.

What a time to be alive

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Was the McAfoo slip up about Darnold real, or just a smokescreen to mask their QB desires?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I’ll believe Darnold is the starter when the Panthers social media team starts hyping him again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress Tom Brady

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1516833867067498499

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Was the McAfoo slip up about Darnold real, or just a smokescreen to mask their QB desires?

Sam Darnold is the starter the same way im the best qb in my house.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Sam Darnold is the starter the same way im the best qb in my house.

Neither situation is likely to change any time soon?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Haha gently caress

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

:vince:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I gave up social media for Lent so I missed posting during the the Falcons/Deshaun Watson thing. Thanks Lord!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Pershing posted:

I gave up social media for Lent so I missed posting during the the Falcons/Deshaun Watson thing. Thanks Lord!

Now that's a Lenten commitment that's actually good for your soul.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rumour is a 4th this year and a 3rd next year would get it done for Baker. This is just off some "news" re-reporting something but I think that would be an acceptable price if the Panthers took a LT at 6. Wouldn't get a pick after their first until the 5th round at that rate but I mean they'd still kinda make out ok even with the Darnold disaster if the pick worked.

LT
lol Darnold
CJ Henderson
Baker

They'd in some way end up with 4 top 10 picked players from 3 different drafts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thursday night is busy.

https://twitter.com/RodWalkerNola/status/1518444122960539649

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Seeing ghosts is a skill I guess.

https://twitter.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1519352094041513985?s=20&t=QYXRTshZhVI0G9PnmR-OYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lmao

Whatever you have to tell yourself I guess