Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

it rules that kabetaijin is pivotal to the plan because of not only his musical ability but his ability to piss people off since taunting people and roasting them to death is extremely a zhuge liang classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Goodbye, Kongming Thursdays...

Karasawa's old getup is amazing.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well, that was a satisfying ending. Let's hope for a Volume 2 announcement soon!

As far as reincarnations go (minor manga spoilers): Guan Yu is confirmed to be in this time period as well per the bonus short stories at the end of the manga volumes. He's been tasked by "a certain person" to travel the world and photoblog his adventures. It's not really clear who sent him on this task, but the obvious choices are Liu Bei or Zhuge Liang.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Absolutely destroyed by the visual kei reveal.

Loved this show, I hope we get more of it!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Haven't watched a current-running anime in a few years; glad that the opening song drew me in to watch it week-by-week. As satisfying as these 12 episodes were, I'm really hoping for another season to come out; really wanna see Kongming's outfits from the OP in context

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol My Boy Konming with the r/battlestation

Coca Koala posted:

Absolutely destroyed by the visual kei reveal.
i was wondering what this meant the entire time and lmfao its perfect

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 18, 2022

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
I think they should respect the azalea (idol group) fans and not totally abandon the songs and performance styles that so many people enjoyed. they can switch from revealing to extravagant costuming and play live sets if it makes them feel less like sellouts but the die hards who supported them in the whole period after the first rebrand shouldn't be made to feel like the band think of them as pigs eating slop imo

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

this allusion meant posted:

I think they should respect the azalea (idol group) fans and not totally abandon the songs and performance styles that so many people enjoyed. they can switch from revealing to extravagant costuming and play live sets if it makes them feel less like sellouts but the die hards who supported them in the whole period after the first rebrand shouldn't be made to feel like the band think of them as pigs eating slop imo
they ARE pigs and it WAS slop tho

but im sure Our Boy Kongming will strike the perfect balance

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

It's not real.

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

they ARE pigs and it WAS slop tho

but im sure Our Boy Kongming will strike the perfect balance

We're back to the previously discussed problem with music anime that the actually produced songs don't always seem to have quite the qualities to necessarily convey what their effects in the plot are supposed to be i guess. didn't have any irl opinions on any of the music besides that all the rap besides the first battle was noticeably worse

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

We're back to the previously discussed problem with music anime that the actually produced songs don't always seem to have quite the qualities to necessarily convey what their effects in the plot are supposed to be i guess. didn't have any irl opinions on any of the music besides that all the rap besides the first battle was noticeably worse
you’re talking poo poo about anisong to the WRONG poster

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i think they should make more of this show, thanks

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Cute season of anime.

I preferred the OG Azalea song over Beautiful Dreamer. Sorry, Eiko! :v: But really, I just want to see that stuck-up pop lady from early in the season to get her comeuppance at Summer Sonia.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I was surprised to see they went all out and had a music anime with actual music in it. A lot of times studios don't commission entirely new tracks to play outside of the OP and the ED and those are usually selected from an already existing catalog.

Eiko's song made me cry.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i kinda felt the opposite, my main issue with the show was it spending several episodes running that one song with bad english lyrics back out, rather than having a new song in every performance scene which is pretty standard for the music/idol anime i have watched. i get that its an important song to eiko but still, come on

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Those shows also completely ignore any actual song writing process and pull complete performances out of nowhere for the sake of it, which is fine for a typical idol anime but would be weird where when Eiko having trouble writing one new song is a plot point.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tales of Woe posted:

i kinda felt the opposite, my main issue with the show was it spending several episodes running that one song with bad english lyrics back out, rather than having a new song in every performance scene which is pretty standard for the music/idol anime i have watched.
Ya Boy Kongming isn’t a idol show for horny pedos :)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Experience heartbreak four times a year with Anime!

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Actuality laughed out loud for this one. Time to listen to the full OP on repeat for 1h to try and fill the kongming shaped hole in my heart.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Too real. Hopefully, we might get more in the future.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Given the positive response to the series so far, I'm sure they'll do more of the manga. After all, we've only seen Part 1 of his plan! Summer Sonia's coming, and who knows what will happen there.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Finally sat down and finished this

He truly was our boy, Kongming

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i tried to condense my gimmick in this thread down to less than 2k words and removed all the lacanian specialized terminology.

i am not sure why, but it is certainly something i did

https://medium.com/@Birdbassador/desire-and-the-dj-psychoanalysis-and-ya-boy-kongming-16faab444dcb

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tree Goat posted:

i tried to condense my gimmick in this thread down to less than 2k words and removed all the lacanian specialized terminology.

i am not sure why, but it is certainly something i did

https://medium.com/@Birdbassador/desire-and-the-dj-psychoanalysis-and-ya-boy-kongming-16faab444dcb

While I am not really qualified to discuss it, I did read it and I found it to be a fascinating interpretation.

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
I appreciate your having written it also!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Kongming is back! Apparently the live action adaptation of the anime is currently airing, they're up to episode 3 already
https://www.fujitv.com/drama/yaboykongming/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG7Xk9_A7Lk

The total height of the costume (including ridiculously tall hat) is apparently 6'11" lol