Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My main concern about changes to Twitter is that it's going to go all in on just allowing any and every bit of misinformation to spread like wildfire now. It all comes off as hilarious and no big deal to your average person, but it badly affects vulnerable groups of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I will be a fan of Elon Musk if he kills Twitter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Elon Musk had two-factor authentication turned off today, so if you use that service on your Twitter account, you can't login now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He finally got fired
https://twitter.com/EricFrohnhoefer/status/1592287037805441024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jesus watching this guy try to get the approval of others is so sad and pathetic. Imagine being the wealthiest person on earth, you have gone to space, and you own an electric car company that skyrocketed electric cars to the forefront of automobiles, and you still have to lie to people about your interests because you manage to still be that boring of a person.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1593435398478344192

925 employees left out of 3000 that went into work today lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

While it's unlikely Twitter will die

I thought this at first, but the key people who kept Twitter running are no longer there and the remaining employees are unable to be paid now because all of HR and payroll quit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VOTE1 posted:

https://downdetector.com/status/twitter/ Is showing a drop in the number of outages, I don’t think the collapse is happening right now. Not saying it isn’t going to happen, but just not right now.

And the huge number of resignations happened at the end of the work day on Thursday. So we will see how Friday, and this weekend pans out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also a lot of people probably don't realize this, but Elon Musk took out a 44 billion dollar loan across multiple banks, and none of those banks are actually requiring that he pay the loans back. He basically acquired Twitter for free and then let it burn to the ground for a laugh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

I reckon Musk fired most of the Twitter staff in an attempt to be the smartest person in the room

Considering he fired engineers who corrected him about issues with Twitter, yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fruits of the sea posted:

There’s tons of venture capital firms and other tech bros who would buy Twitter at a fire sale price.

how is Somethingawfuls cash reserves? Could we buy Twitter?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EVIL Gibson posted:

A video that came out recently about why F1 cars take so long to start.

Heres the bookmark about how their monitoring program needs to run on an old Windows 95 laptop because anything faster will throw off the stat polling

https://youtu.be/W-Tx-qiJx2A?t=132

This car isn't a current generation F1, but is this all still valid even today?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is not a joke, this very thing happened at Facebook.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gross, Jordan Peterson is a literal loving nazi.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol if there was ever a broken clock is right twice a day moment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

John Carmack is basically the genius that Musk thinks he is

What is John Carmack even doing nowadays? I miss when he worked at ID Software.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

He’s a professional zuck bootlicker, has been for years

Edit: stopped licking this summer

Never meet your heroes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

google should buy it to replace their current messaging app, whatever it's called now

I dont think Google has one anymore do they?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol times like this that I am really loving grateful for the somethingawful forums.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cable Guy posted:

Oh... my... god....

I think you're right. (Possibly :nms:)

Please don't post pictures of me, thank you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We all knew he wouldn't abide by the results.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Elon Musk is tweeting about Hunter Biden lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never thought in my life I would read a headline like this, yet here we are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol so many pointless changes made to Twitter today, and all of them are likely to just be reversed by the end of the week.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"this science doesn't support my ignorant view of the world so therefore it is wrong."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

Getting arrested

because you recorded yourself with a pizza

making your diss video responding to a teenager

after they humiliated you for the entire internet to see

in a fight you started

is just :perfect:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God I really hope this ruins Andrew Tates life. Very happy to see he has been arrested. I want only bad things for this piece of poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also the fact that he only actually has 11 cars is the biggest loving lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The world is a cruel place, so Tate will likely be out of jail soon and posting on twitter again as if nothing happened. But in the mean time we dont have to hear from him and his stupid takes, and we got some massive lols out of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

What's going to happen to Tate's 33 cars?

I hope they get destroyed to keep them from enjoying greenhouse gasses.

This is one of the best parts; it turns out he only has 11 cars according to the police report.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have to admit that I am surprised Twitter survived into 2023.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Isn't this illegal to sell in the U.S. then?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just now getting caught up with the Andrew Tate text messages that were leaked this week, and holy poo poo lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So whatever happened to Twitter closing down and going bankrupt? How come we haven't seen the predicated constant crashes and instability that was talked about after 50%+ of the employees were let go?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/DriveTeslaca/status/1621254404652544000

Who would look at a Cybertruck going by and think "Yeah; I want that first-year 3D-modelling student's project to drive in!"

It's vaguely interesting from the front or sides, but it's hideous from behind.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1621298181941374976

Also wouldn't removing the side-mirrors be illegal? Aside from insanely dangerous to other drivers of course.

There are a lot of ultra useless smooth brains out there that worship Elon and think this poo poo is incredible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He literally got owned by a cat lmao.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Motherfucker is *tweeting* from his *cell phone* with *internet access* about how deprived he is.

I have always assumed someone else is just tweeting on his behalf, probably his brother. I don't know what to believe though, not sure how Romanian jail works. If this were the U.S. then he wouldn't be able to use the internet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmaooooooooooooooo this explains so much

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

crime weed posted:

the "im paying own money to get owned" post is very funny but its like, probably a lie, right? there's no way he's so stupid that he's not being bribed to hell and back for this spin... right???

I dunno, tough to say. We live in a timeline now where people who are extremely online, are incredibly stupid and useless to society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Every single employment, and disability lawyer, got a huge erection today