Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's funny to me that large herbivores tend to be way more aggressive than large carnivores/predators

i once almost got my rear end kicked by a group of deer in the middle of the night

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

RW Martin, 1885

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like the image of the shark vs hippo but it bothers me that they wrote "just in their native continent," as if there are hippos killing people on a regular basis in germany or kazakhstan or bolivia

e: kinda want this as a sticker though

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 4, 2023

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

didn't a south american drug lord import some and they ate a bunch of his guards?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

duz posted:

didn't a south american drug lord import some and they ate a bunch of his guards?

Sometimes that’s the price of doing business

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

Well yeah but I'm not a sea creature. What are the odds for fish people

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's funny to me that large herbivores tend to be way more aggressive than large carnivores/predators

it’s also interesting to me that it’s more of a fair fight than it first seems, between like a lion and a gazelle. spose evolution has a lot to answer for, but it’s not like in civ when you’ve got an armoured tank and they still have spearman

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

duz posted:

yes and they got loose and iirc they've nearly finished rounding them and their offspring up

Pablo Escobar, that was it not "Pedro almodevar" like my brain helpfully first added

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

RW Martin, 1885

Jack Palance catte.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

carnivores gotta really fuckin make sure the energy expenditure of chasing prey is gonna be worth it. herbivores can fill up on grass and get bitchy at whatever they want

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

RW Martin, 1885

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

polyester concept posted:

carnivores gotta really fuckin make sure the energy expenditure of chasing prey is gonna be worth it. herbivores can fill up on grass and get bitchy at whatever they want

yeah, the former has to conserve energy while the latter can be angry all day

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

yes and they got loose and iirc they've nearly finished rounding them and their offspring up

Pablo Escobar, that was it not "Pedro almodevar" like my brain helpfully first added

no they’re running around in the wild and reproducing like crazy and out of control

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A lot of herbivores are omnivores, too, so they can benefit from what they kill.

Don't think a streamhorse can do much with a dude they swallow, tho. But a deer or cow will eat a pigeon or mouse any time of the day.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A lot of herbivores are omnivores, too, so they can benefit from what they kill.

Don't think a streamhorse can do much with a dude they swallow, tho. But a deer or cow will eat a pigeon or mouse any time of the day.

[horse-eating-chicks.flv]

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i think one of the first things i learned about deer as a kid was that everyone thinks they're strict herbivores and how they're absolutely not lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

sometimes you have to mourn what could have been -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Hippo_bill

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

pseudorandom name posted:

sometimes you have to mourn what could have been -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Hippo_bill

American Hippo Bill lives on in man form

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

pseudorandom name posted:

quote:

Former President Theodore Roosevelt backed the plan, as did the U.S. Department of Agriculture, The Washington Post, and The New York Times, which praised hippo meat as "lake cow bacon".[6][4]
lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

and you thought 30 to 50 feral hogs were bad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

30 to 50 feral hogs

don’t doxx my polycule

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

= 1-3 feral hippos

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
rock pix

https://i.imgur.com/KppxAfy.mp4

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Wild EEPROM posted:

no they’re running around in the wild and reproducing like crazy and out of control

https://alexandrabeguez.com/The-Trouble-with-Hippos

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/PKFpNwO.mp4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Super Soaker would replace AR-15:eens.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ugh EVERYTHING was brown and aspic, brown and aspic.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

the stages of man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahahahahaha

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pick a pin badge to wear.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i'm going to be scoring lots of free meals with that "take a fraud to lunch" pin

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

great legs 100%

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Midjourney doing something constructive for once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc22W3bos64

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

same because it's true

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Chris Knight