Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

this popped up in my youtube recs and i thought i would share it with you, my online pals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKvh-iNJRKY

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mood

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

rotor posted:

i heard that kids these days are super into hedging which is great news to me, here's a great video about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoprVhpOKIk

i love that video

it’s wild to me the guy is doing that poo poo in a fuckin suit

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:hmmyes:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
software indeed getting harder

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the hedge video is a great artifact of humanity

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

this is my favorite "historic humanity video" of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzBDhilDL0

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I really wanted to pet the dog, but I couldn't. because of the biting

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

I really wanted to pet the dog, but I couldn't. because of the biting

You hosed up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Eeyo posted:

Gross. He doesn't even pull down his pants?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

that's how it was in the old days. don't stop until the job is done. i remember my grandfather coming in from the fields with 2-3 shits in his suit, and he never complained once

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Roosevelt posted:

that's how it was in the old days. don't stop until the job is done. i remember my grandfather coming in from the fields with 2-3 shits in his suit, and he never complained once
tell your grandfather stilgar he was right about the lisan al-gaib

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Eeyo posted:

i love that video

he may be a farmer but hes not a savage ok?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

TontoCorazon posted:

You hosed up

he had never been pet in his life. the dog had never heard of it

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

rotor posted:

he may be a farmer but hes not a savage ok?
How can that be true if he is clearly English

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

this is what the Mormons actually believe

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

LA story ran into a problem and needs a limited series reboot

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

betty boof posted:

How can that be true if he is clearly English

hmmmmm much to think about here

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FMguru posted:

tell your grandfather stilgar he was right about the lisan al-gaib

ok this is a pet peeve.

there is nothing in the books that says the fremen literally poo poo in their suits. or even that they piss in them. it just says that urine and feces are processed in the suit.

it's possible i guess that there could be some sort of crotch thing to collect pee but i think it is unlikely. that would probably be uncomfortable and gross to wear and there's no reason. it isn't outer space. you can open the suit for a couple of minutes! i think it is much more likely that there's just a funnel into a hose strapped on somewhere and when they need to pee they find a place out of the way and unzip and use that.

similarly, it says "feces are processed in the thigh pads." how the gently caress is the poop supposed to get from the butthole to the thigh pads in a tightly fitted jumpsuit? that's disgusting and insane. they obviously pop a squat and poop in the sand then scoop it up and deposit it in some special compartment for processing. gently caress's sake.

please stop repeating the stupid idea that fremen pee and poo themselves while they're just standing there. they aren't rowling wizards ffs

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Sagebrush posted:

ok this is a pet peeve.

there is nothing in the books that says the fremen literally poo poo in their suits. or even that they piss in them. it just says that urine and feces are processed in the suit.

it's possible i guess that there could be some sort of crotch thing to collect pee but i think it is unlikely. that would probably be uncomfortable and gross to wear and there's no reason. it isn't outer space. you can open the suit for a couple of minutes! i think it is much more likely that there's just a funnel into a hose strapped on somewhere and when they need to pee they find a place out of the way and unzip and use that.

similarly, it says "feces are processed in the thigh pads." how the gently caress is the poop supposed to get from the butthole to the thigh pads in a tightly fitted jumpsuit? that's disgusting and insane. they obviously pop a squat and poop in the sand then scoop it up and deposit it in some special compartment for processing. gently caress's sake.

please stop repeating the stupid idea that fremen pee and poo themselves while they're just standing there. they aren't rowling wizards ffs

same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

ok this is a pet peeve.

source your quotes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the stillsuits were described before dune books got weird and horny so herbert never got to explain the auto-catheterization system

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Sagebrush posted:

And nothing that says they don't

Checkmate, nerd

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

do the babies have stilsuits on dune.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
sorry nerds, but it’s cannon that the fremen piss, poo poo, and cum in their stillsuits, then suck it down like greedy little piggies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
on the other hand, it also says that water is so precious to them that spitting and crying are rare gestures of great respect. they wouldn’t want to permit the tiniest bit of atmospheric loss

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok so why do they stand around talking with their masks off

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

ok this is a pet peeve.

Next thing you're going to be telling us that Master Chief's suit doesn't jerk him off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Eeyo posted:

do the babies have stilsuits on dune.

seems more likely that they'd keep them in stilltents.

PokeJoe posted:

source your quotes

-- forums poster Sagebrush

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 26, 2024

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

-- forums poster Sagebrush

thank you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

also some proof that sometimes, you just get lucky with object placement

e: checking the metadata since it's not up to my usual PQ standards, i took that with an OG iphone SE lol. i swear i didn't move the blimp

dang i miss fringe

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Agile Vector posted:

dang i miss fringe

yeah

:allears:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have it on blu ray

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i do not like how it turned from one kind of show (heres a weird monster or something) into an entirely different one (an alternate universe is colliding with ourse) entirely different one (weird bald guys from an alternate timeline)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sagebrush posted:

ok this is a pet peeve.

oh yeah it's mmuch better that they poo poo out and then jam the turds into their scuba suit

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

goblin week posted:

oh yeah it's mmuch better that they poo poo out and then jam the turds into their scuba suit

oh

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Wild EEPROM posted:

i do not like how it turned from one kind of show (heres a weird monster or something) into an entirely different one (an alternate universe is colliding with ourse) entirely different one (weird bald guys from an alternate timeline)

it started out as a X-files thing with an agent seeing 'the pattern' that no one else could see. once they dropped that and ran with the parallel universe thing it got so much better.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Did a rewatch not long ago. When it's good it's really good, but it does have some weak points where season-spanning mysteries are resolved in one or two lines of dialogue. Would do another rewatch in the future.

Oh and also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGo5iAEngU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fremen absolutely poo poo and piss into their stillsuits and anyone who says different should spend a few days with dr liet-kynes