Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if gfuel didn’t taste terrible I wouldn’t subject myself to it ☹️

they sell code red with more caffeine in big 16 oz cans for like $1.70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

they sell code red with more caffeine in big 16 oz cans for like $1.70

yeah, but it also has a shitload of sugar doesn’t it? it’s insanely sweet

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
the only energy drink I would actually drink was the Mt Dew Amp because it tasted like if you drank a handful of classic skittles. I’m pretty sure it’s either discontinued now or they just took it out of my market cause I haven’t seen it in years where I live but would see it at random truck stops while I was on the road.

I really want to try the hard mt dew too but again, I’ve never seen it in person

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
this one time at the laundromat they had a vending machine filled with these little chewy cubes of caffeine in some kind of caramel-like medium. I bought one and immediately regretted it. bitter as gently caress.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah, but it also has a shitload of sugar doesn’t it? it’s insanely sweet

well yeah its soda. theres sugar free ones but i haven't tried them

Large Testicles posted:

the only energy drink I would actually drink was the Mt Dew Amp because it tasted like if you drank a handful of classic skittles. I’m pretty sure it’s either discontinued now or they just took it out of my market cause I haven’t seen it in years where I live but would see it at random truck stops while I was on the road.

I really want to try the hard mt dew too but again, I’ve never seen it in person

they renamed some of the flavors to "game fuel"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I found a thing called GamerSupps which has a really good energy drink replacement, but the main issue I have with them is they sell something called WaifuCups, and they’re exactly as stupid as you’re probably guessing

I toss 3 scoops in 24oz of water and get 300mg caffeine, and it doesn’t make me jittery or anything like energy drinks can if you drink them too fast

and if you're not careful you buy a pack of the powder and forget to uncheck "put me on the mailing list" and then one morning your inbox has an ad for silkscreened anime titties on a lovely plastic cup in it

stuff's good though, I should start drinking it instead of coke zero

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh man. coke zero. I drink way too much of that.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

and if you're not careful you buy a pack of the powder and forget to uncheck "put me on the mailing list" and then one morning your inbox has an ad for silkscreened anime titties on a lovely plastic cup in it

stuff's good though, I should start drinking it instead of coke zero

hell yeah

$35 for 100 servings cannot be beaten

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
kids these days

swirls bawls in a brandy snifter

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

President Beep posted:

this one time at the laundromat they had a vending machine filled with these little chewy cubes of caffeine in some kind of caramel-like medium. I bought one and immediately regretted it. bitter as gently caress.

Reminded me of today's Meh.: vinegar gummies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol oh man

the campus cops raided my room once because i had a shitload of bawls bottles arranged around the window and you could see it from the street. they thought it was booze

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

lol oh man

the campus cops raided my room once because i had a shitload of bawls bottles arranged around the window and you could see it from the street. they thought it was booze

drat, just a nerd. off to prevent some other adults from having fun

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

somehow they missed the 15 or so popov bottles under my roommate's bed lol

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

every single person i know who's gotten into pharmacy work loving loves pills. thats probably it

to be pedantic for a moment.. they’re tablets or maybe capsules

pills barely exist anymore and are an antiquated drug delivery system

post hole digger posted:

do u just not like coffee

sometimes but sometimes you’re hot and a hot coffee doesn’t hit the spot

I like drinking fluid. I drank about 5L of liquid yesterday, none of it alcohol.

post hole digger posted:

the powdered caffeine supplements I buy will either be called like PureEnergyPump Pro or Cannibal War Crime Assault MAXXX

lol

President Beep posted:

oh man. coke zero. I drink way too much of that.

the zero means zero regrets

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

for gods sake plisken, its :wq

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

to be pedantic for a moment.. they’re tablets or maybe capsules

pills barely exist anymore and are an antiquated drug delivery system

what is the difference between a tablet and a pill?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

the tablet runs android

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

one is crushed powder held together by force, the other is engineered to be, for instance, non-crushable (concerta, vyvanse), extended release, coated, etc

I think vyvanse uses micro lasers to drill tiny holes into it to make it extended release

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i could go for a couple vyvanse right about now. my dms are open.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gimmie the stimmies

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

on vyvanse rn and its very good would recommend

I don’t even need coffee anymore but i still drink tons of it because its good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Why do so many people in yospos have adhd

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

computers

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sorry what was the question again?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i think places like yospos attract or at least provide a safe zone of like minded weirdos with adhd, so we tend to stick around more often

i remember when it was common to say you were a "sperg" about something around these parts (despite my reg date i've been around since 2007 or so, even participated in a couple secret santas on a different account). adhd and autism have a lot of overlapping traits, which helps with computer related jobs. but i think on of the main differences is that with adhd you also have crippling self awareness (at least in my experience)

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 1, 2022

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it’s very convenient to be able to context switch very quickly and bounce around fixing poo poo on different branches and then get bored and move to the next most interesting looking bug

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

to be fair adhd has never allowed me to excel at being a developer. it has trained me to be productive under stress due to chronic procrastination which sometimes works in my favor ("holy poo poo how did you finish that so fast?"), but i've always struggled with switching tasks and keeping more than a few things in my mind at once. i've seen opportunities come and go, given to others that always seemed to have it "more together" than me. not until i got on meds did i actually feel like i was good at my job

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

computers are a novelty machine which is our greatest weakness

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like hyper focusing comes on to me when I’ve been procrastinating too, and then after like 8h you get up from your desk with your poo poo done and your brain leaking through your nose

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I have crippling self awareness but only five seconds after I do or say something idiotic

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus just drink itoen if you don't like coffee or black tea and want caffeine

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

pills originally were the drugs and some kind of binder (like wax maybe) rolled into tiny balls

and you’d use a machine like this to roll it back and forward into tiny little balls

there are some tablets around that outwardly resemble pills, like the “oral contraceptive pill”, which admittedly we still say, even though it’s technically wrong (the worst kind of wrong), but they are still tablets

pills haven’t been used as a proper drug delivery device basically since tablets became invented. they’re literally 1800s technology. I suppose theyre an easy way for people to make things at home.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

waifu cups are great since they really cut down on the amount of thrash procuced by single use products like pads and tampons.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ew wtf is calling menstrul cups “waifu cups”?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it comes with a lot of caffeine for some reason its fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i only use caffeine free waifu cups