Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

METHANOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There is no way to guarantee any amount of resistance to methyl without testing with methyl. This kind of thing is exactly what material labs and whatever the various certificate fuckos are called in English exist for. You can ask and ask and ask the vendor but you'll get "the material used in these gaskets is [let's say] NBR, whichbis conditionally suitable for methyl" and a copy-paste from some standard that says the same thing, to the end of time. They got their money and the customer has exactly what they asked for.

ok but most vendors typically have their products tested against a litany of substances, unless they're not the manufacturer. which you said they were

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

and i would imagine alcohols are a pretty routine thing to test any material against

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Elder Postsman posted:

the newton was better than anything palm made

eat up martha

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

prefect posted:

eat up martha

siri should have an easter egg if you tell it to "set an appointment to beat up martin", you get that instead

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nerds who have literally literally no idea how commerce or industry work having things to say about commerce and industry ITT. You are exactly the customer I was complaining about.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Probably loving engineers.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

and i would imagine alcohols are a pretty routine thing to test any material against

testing the effects of alcohol is something finns tend to be pretty good at, yeah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
"but it says on the label that its suitable for X"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Probably loving engineers.

building from first principles

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nerds who have literally literally no idea how commerce or industry work having things to say about commerce and industry ITT. You are exactly the customer I was complaining about.

you're the one that said they wanted it tested against a toxic, corrosive gas

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

tghink ill have a cup of green tea.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Did it hurt?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

joe lieberman is finally dead?? excellent.

to celebrate, everyone may make one (1) bad post that i will not probe them for. Offer valid only on this page.

im not falling for this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you cant probate me for making bad posts. theres a long standing precedent.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
can someone please post the 4 quadrants animals chart with cat horse bird fish and the APE ZONE

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

hi I have a degree in biochemistry

methanol will probably dissolve most rubber gaskets eventually

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can someone please post the 4 quadrants animals chart with cat horse bird fish and the APE ZONE

sure

animals chart

┌─────────────┐
│cat │ horse │
│     │       │
│ bird╬APE   │
│     │ ZONE  │
└─────────────┘

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i'd never trust finnish gaskets, so no

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

sure

animals chart

┌─────────────┐
│cat │ horse │
│     │       │
│ bird╬APE   │
│     │ ZONE  │
└─────────────┘

QFT

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

ok ok heres the real one

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

things have gotten weird

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

dioxazine posted:

things have gotten weird

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
Primates under pressure
Listen to them howl and roar
Gonna crank my monkey hog and
Then I'm gonna crank it more

HIGHWAY
TO THE
APE ZONE

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

kenny "swingin' from" logs

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Beeftweeter posted:

Kenny Floggin'

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/skankstank64/status/1772969321318297778?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

ίδιο

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

flapping my hands when I see a cool trireme

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ships are pretty cool with the masts and sails and all the ropes and knots and so forth. and that doesn't even get into the construction of the body of the boat :allears:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

prefect posted:

ships are pretty cool with the masts and sails and all the ropes and knots and so forth. and that doesn't even get into the construction of the body of the boat :allears:

okay thrasyllus

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

prefect posted:

we got a live one

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the greek equivalent of those trucking management sims geared towards german dudes who manage trucking companies for a living

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

betty boof posted:

Primates under pressure
Listen to them howl and roar
Gonna crank my monkey hog and
Then I'm gonna crank it more

HIGHWAY
TO THE
APE ZONE

Beeftweeter posted:

betty boof posted:

Kenny Floggin'
:smith:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cjs: cto is spending more time with his family and our only remaining sales engineer has put in his notice

:ohno:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

to catch everyone who doesn't keep an excel spreadsheet up: in addition to my tam role i'm also working front line support, a product manager for two new products and engineer on one of them, a sales engineer, and marketing

in entirely unrelated news does anyone have that pardon the interruption meme where it's a baseball player peeking over the dugout wall with the text AFRAID. google image search is failing me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cjs: cto is spending more time with his family and our only remaining sales engineer has put in his notice

:ohno:

lucky....

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
current breakfast status: salad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hope today is slow, i'm tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah well *I* hope today is *tired*