Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

now i'm getting my onsite feedback on monday maybe because the team is winding down for thanksgiving...... wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

ugh lovely snipe

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MrQueasy posted:

Got a new beard balm and it smells lovely. It's Bay Rum and it's mostly a menthol-y scent with a spicy bay note. Not much "rum" but I'm not sure smelling like I spilled rum AND vodka all over myself just wouldn't add anything.

noice :)

christmas coming up so gonna get my FIL to resupply my stuff as a gift idea as im down to just some oil. their stuff looks good on that site!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

3) anime statues jk
Fun fact

quote:

In Japanese, JK means Joshi Kousei 女子高生, "high school girl," or it can mean JouKou 常考, which translates to "obviously."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dioxazine posted:

no kei truck?

i wonder if those little guys could survive a winter here haha

but if a loving honda fit can im sure they can too, eh?

https://minitrucks.net/pages/japanese-mini-trucks-to-canada

e: i actually wanted to get a new truck but that was before gas shot up to hell lol maybe the honda ridgeline will go hyrbid

mystes posted:

Fun fact

lmfao oh poo poo - funny on both translations

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 18, 2022

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

born on a buy you posted:

cls: shaved my head after letting it grow out. forgot how cold this was

I’m sat at my desk wearing a skull cap

highly recommend non-knit hats that don’t let air blow through and make u cold

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
collected some poo poo from the grinder as per last nights discussion and wooo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

when I was in uni I would import used in box Japanese gba games by buying them on rakuten.jp, using the translator to figure buttons out and Wikipedia to get the Japanese name of Pokémon games or whatever else, have them shipped to a forwarding service, and then eventually have them arrive here

I only kept a silver GameCube with colour matching Japanese GBA player and GBA and some Mario games because the Japanese GBA boxes are fantastic compared to what everyone else got

the rest I would sell on eBay or in SA-Mart to have some walkin’ around money

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

finally home. time to distract myself from pressing matters for two days

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

cjs: 45 mins to pip :pray:

surprisingly nervous

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

when I was in uni I would import used in box Japanese gba games by buying them on rakuten.jp, using the translator to figure buttons out and Wikipedia to get the Japanese name of Pokémon games or whatever else, have them shipped to a forwarding service, and then eventually have them arrive here

I only kept a silver GameCube with colour matching Japanese GBA player and GBA and some Mario games because the Japanese GBA boxes are fantastic compared to what everyone else got

the rest I would sell on eBay or in SA-Mart to have some walkin’ around money

i love the little famicom cases - they look so neat

my neighbor had a bunch of these and the og famicom. i remember he wanted to sell them all to me but i was 16 and working at BK, i had no goddamn money lol and my parents weren't gonna front me for that

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Gnossiennes posted:

surprisingly nervous

goon speed. do you have to decide whether to take severance immediately?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Gnossiennes posted:

surprisingly nervous

Walk in and announce that "if you pip, I poop" and then act like you have extreme indigestion

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

i love the little famicom cases - they look so neat

my neighbor had a bunch of these and the og famicom. i remember he wanted to sell them all to me but i was 16 and working at BK, i had no goddamn money lol and my parents weren't gonna front me for that

yeah I didn’t get into buying or collecting those since at the time I think they were running for $120 and I had like $40-80 to work with per transaction, including the shipping and import fees. so I’d grab a game or five for $20-40 and pay the shipping for another 20-40, then sell everything for maybe $150

I super regret not buying a super famicom for myself. I can’t imagine how much an SNES is going for, much less a SFC

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

KidDynamite posted:

goon speed. do you have to decide whether to take severance immediately?

no idea yet. probably. our bonuses got announced but i only get it if i'm still working on Nov 31st, so hopefully it's effective to after that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I only just learned yesterday that each of my used in box Pokémon games is worth anywhere from $80-$200 each tho, so the retro games market is officially insane

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

whoa neat, never seen or heard of gameboy player

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I only just learned yesterday that each of my used in box Pokémon games is worth anywhere from $80-$200 each tho, so the retro games market is officially insane

i still have a bunch of n64 games in box and a couple gb/gba ones, and virtual boy. wonder if i should sell em

hell my n64 is still in its original box even

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

graph posted:

whoa neat, never seen or heard of gameboy player

it's literally the gba hardware. real cool poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i had the super game boy for snes. breddy good.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

President Beep posted:

i had the super game boy for snes. breddy good.

big same

it was pretty similar actually. you just didnt get the cool borders on the gba player

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs: been out sick since late wednesday

gut bugs suck

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

i still have a bunch of n64 games in box and a couple gb/gba ones, and virtual boy. wonder if i should sell em

hell my n64 is still in its original box even

if you have the original box for your n64, it’s worth about $300 give or take. depending on what games you have they’re anywhere from $10-$800

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have a bunch of old nintendo games worth some dosh

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the only old game I have is a complete box of ultima iv

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if you have the original box for your n64, it’s worth about $300 give or take. depending on what games you have they’re anywhere from $10-$800

what seriously

i have boxes for the controllers even lol. plus a completely new, unused in-box dc controller

where to sell i don't use any of this anymore

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

what seriously

i have boxes for the controllers even lol. plus a completely new, unused in-box dc controller

where to sell i don't use any of this anymore

I would recommend SA mart after checking prices on eBay since the retrogoons watch it like a hawk and would probably kill for a used in box controller

you could also check the retro games thread and get more advice on where to sell etc

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
welcome back quiggy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

welcome back quiggy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would recommend SA mart after checking prices on eBay since the retrogoons watch it like a hawk and would probably kill for a used in box controller

you could also check the retro games thread and get more advice on where to sell etc

yeah i was thinking of making a "buy beefy's crap" sa-mart thread anyway lol

maybe i'll do it over the weekend

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i was thinking of making a "buy beefy's crap" sa-mart thread anyway lol

maybe i'll do it over the weekend

you’ve got me thinking more and more about jumping from sony to olympus. i could make the switch to an EM-1 ii without having to spend anything. what do you use?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a shitload of Japanese hand tools and various gadgets for my electronics bench out for delivery. I'm going to log the gently caress out of work this weekend and hack on solderprojects.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
look at these wire strippers. theyre gorgeous

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

President Beep posted:

you’ve got me thinking more and more about jumping from sony to olympus. i could make the switch to an EM-1 ii without having to spend anything. what do you use?

i've got a lowly em-10 (mk i) and a pen (i don't remember the model offhand because their naming scheme is nuts). they're both pretty good for what they are but nowhere in the same league as the em-1 or 5

honestly even though the styling on the olympus stuff is excellent in terms of price:features you can't really beat panasonic for micro 4/3. i use a g85 as my main squeeze and the day it dies will be a very sad day

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

i've got a lowly em-10 (mk i) and a pen (i don't remember the model offhand because their naming scheme is nuts). they're both pretty good for what they are but nowhere in the same league as the em-1 or 5

honestly even though the styling on the olympus stuff is excellent in terms of price:features you can't really beat panasonic for micro 4/3. i use a g85 as my main squeeze and the day it dies will be a very sad day

hmm… panasonic, you say…

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i did this but accidentally because i slammed my adjustable guard on my clippers too hard after clearing out some hair and my #4 became a number #1/2 and i didn't notice until i'd already shaved a wicked line into the top of my head

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

are you making sure to wear a hat to guard against Van Allen Belt radiation?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

lmao still no pip

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

are you making sure to wear a hat to guard against Van Allen Belt radiation?

i've a cadet hat and a fisherman's as well, but i rarely wear them due to having too much hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

President Beep posted:

hmm… panasonic, you say…

yeah they're great. the g100 is the newest body i have from them and the drat thing is tiny

picked up a two-pack for like $600 cause my wife wanted one too. overall it's not as good quality as the g7/8/95 series and lacks the weatherproofing but it's a fun little camera too