Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the pittsburgh of ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PokeJoe posted:

I like water

fish be like:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

whistle pig sounds like something kenneth would say on 30 rock

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

@everyone ur gay

who told you this

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

my meatballs were incinerated :)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Armitag3 posted:

that’s as spicy as they’re gonna get

if u chop up spicy meatballs and put them in a taco that's called an italian bottom surgery

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

do you have to eat them while smoking on the toilet

turn on you're monitor!!!!!!!!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

President Beep posted:

walk it off bitch

haha! got you!

:thurman: :master: :thurman:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the good stuff smells like chili p, is what I've heard

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cjs

code:
Ambiguous reference
Foo.Bar.Baz.MyClass
Foo.Bar.Baz.MyClass
both match
:negative:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

this week is the worst week because i go from waking up after sunrise to being out the door on my way to the dog park while it's still dark

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

how about instead of living our lives according to a rigid timekeeping system invented for helping ships navigate at sea we instead wake up, work, and sleep when makes sense for our individual bodies. what if we built a system that actually prioritized human well-being over ruthless productivity

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ciaphas posted:

my brain just doesn't want to turn on. been staring blankly at the same code, on & off, all day

this is less painful than repeatedly messaging your boss to send the thing to you that he promised hours ago and continuing to receive radio silence

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

theflyingexecutive posted:

got a letter about an ikea class action, so feeling very confident about my financials rn

hell yeah what up fellow class member

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

same, also i feel like everyone i know is in the throes of some sort of depressive or anxious episode these days. everything is really bad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

President Beep posted:

wow fuckers rub it in

yeah this, where do you get off being all "im enjoying my life" and "i think life is beautiful and worth living"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

this is yospos, please dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

lets get to the important weather tho

here in dc we're expected to hit peak bloom in about two weeks, v excited

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pro shower experiences:
- shower beer
- shower weed
- using a loofa to cover yourself up real good in soap foam
- listening to podcast in shower
- showering with ~an adult friend~
- shaving legs in shower

in conclusion showers are good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

lol if 80% of your commit messages aren't one of:

[*] oops
[*] fuuuuck
[*] forgot a file
[*] maybe this time

all my commits are like

CL 1234: [big list of changes]

CL 1235: emergency revert of CL 1234

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Beeftweeter posted:

[beep looks down in the shower, starts singing "tiny dancer"]

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

this is a conversation from last page but re: stranger things, if you fell off it in season 2 or 3 that is completely and totally justified but you really ought to give the first few eps of season 4 a go, it's a monumental improvement in every way and the fourth episode in particular is probably the best episode they ever made. i've seen the whole show several times through at this point (don't ask) and seasons 2/3 are definitely weaker than 1/4

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

that said the russia poo poo in season 4 is the worst bit and i really wish they had never included any '80s cold war nostalgia poo poo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Armitag3 posted:

lol when i remember samwise gamgee hacking a power plant(?) by free typing BASIC into a terminal

lol the tech stuff is always dumb but i at least read that as "we're doing a pastiche of '80s tropes and the tech stuff in those is always dumb"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

there's a bit in season 4 where a character accesses ~the internet~ and none of the others know what it is and her response is "don't worry about it, it's just gonna change the world". never mind that i think the in-universe year is 1986, meaning this literal child in a conservative mormon household in suburban utah for some reason has access to the pre-www internet

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Armitag3 posted:

hollywood hacking is everywhere, though, and it’s always lol worthy

oh im aware, ive been rewatching personal favorite Russian Doll and the bits where they show her doing her job as a video game programmer, my literal job irl, are viscerally painful

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Armitag3 posted:

“they’re hacking the HTML!!!!”

Russian Doll season 1 has a bit late where Natasha Lyonne's character says they're gonna test their theory about the universe by running a unit test, and her explanation of what a unit test is isn't wrong per se but i've definitely never heard anyone describe one that way

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

i didnt even know what job Lyonne had in Russian Doll, good memory quigs hehe

I wasn't a big fan of season 2 - was all over the place instead of a more focused weird story. time travel is hard to do well.

my season 2 take is "the show did not need a season 2 but i think they did it well". it's definitely a different thing from the first season though, and im happy they didn't just do "hey what if we did a time loop again" as the gimmick

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

remember quibi

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cjs: coming up soon on end-of-milestone and the people i need to finish their poo poo have not finished their poo poo, so im not gonna finish my poo poo either. sigh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I am ON LEAVE

that's not all that's about to leave iykwim

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

that's fine. not everything has to be for you.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dioxazine posted:

i loved when that happened in late 20 and most of 21, just zooming

my wife and i were doing a fundraiser right as everything shut down and had to deliver some pies to a coworker of hers. we left home during "friday rush hour". it should've taken us about an hour to get there. we were back home in under 45.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

[ordering a beer at oktoberfest] hi i'll have an auschwitz please

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also borat voice my wife is from a heavily irish-american area and i have had it drilled into me that "st paddy's day" is not appropriate. see also "paddywagon"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

no st. patrick's day is fine, but while the etymology of the term "paddy wagon" is unknown there is a decent chance it arises from anti-irish sentiment in 19th century nyc

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Truman Peyote posted:

cls i am now the uncle of a new niece

hell yeah welcome to the cool club

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Silver Alicorn posted:

just woke up from the third nap of the day.

healing is v tiring work, sleep when your body tells you you need to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

someday the mlb will find a way to make it legal for me to watch my own city's team on the television