Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

This is the topic per page thread.

Rules:
- Top of the page? You pick the topic for that page
- Topics can be anything. Well-defined, abstract, serious, silly, etc.
- While topics can be silly POSTS MUST BE SERIOUS. We only have one page to discuss a topic so the posting content must be HIGH QUALITY!
- All are welcome here, even mods, black sheep of the forums, and people from that one horrible forum (you know the one)

Topic for page one: CORNED BEEF!

I am a radical corned beef anarchist in that I don't like cabbage very much and I don't like sauerkraut at all so the two most popular ways of preparing corned beef are right out. I made a corned beef brisket earlier this week with some roasted potatoes and green beans and it was lovely. Then with the leftovers I made corned beef hash with poached eggs on top. And I am just now finishing the last of the corned beef for lunch, I fried it up and put it on a kaiser roll with a honey mustard sauce I made and am eating it along with some pretzels and homemade hummus.

All in all a fine brisket. Talk to me about corned beef, but only for the next 39 posts. After that? Who knows where we'll go, friends. It is a magical place, these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I like this idea and I'll enforce it

I like corned beef myself! Made it a few years back for st Patty's day. It was good!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I love corned beef, but my wife hates it. So that means I can never cook it.

Also, whenever I do see it on a menu I usually order something else. So I very rarely get to eat corned before, despite loving it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Is corned beef a hot dog?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i've never had corned beef but it's hella popular in newfoundland where they call it "salt beef" and eat it as part of a "cooked dinner", the most imaginative names ever. if given the opportunity to eat it i absolutely would, but i'm definitely not making it myself

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Is corned beef a hot dog?

seriousposting only here, please.......

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

corned beef stovies

google it then make it and eat it and enjoy it.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Corned beef kicks rear end. Cabbage and sauerkraut also rule. Sorry OP is lame and doesn't like cabbage

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Corned Beef Hash is a sometimes food

And a goddamned good one

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What's it called when you make a Reuben with pastrami instead of corned beef? Is there a name for that or is it just a pastrami sandwich with sauerkraut?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

What's it called when you make a Reuben with pastrami instead of corned beef? Is there a name for that or is it just a pastrami sandwich with sauerkraut?

oh wait. i have had corned beef i guess. because that's my favourite sandwich

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Corned beef ought to feature actual corn. It's false advertising otherwise :argh:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

salt is a corn

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'll feel really bad if this doesn't at least get to page 2 and a new topic so I'm shamelessly bumping it CORNED BEEF ROOLZ

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Corned beef sucks

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

It's called a Paul Reubens

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A Rachel I think? Or is that when it’s made with turkey?

E: a Rachel can apparently be either turkey or pastrami, and traditionally has coleslaw instead of sauerkraut.

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 4, 2022

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Isn't corned beef what the kid in that book feeds that miniature Indian living in his sister's dollhouse? And then yells at the Indian to not call her a squaw? I read this as a preteen. Did I? Is this a fever dream, what is that book?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Bramble posted:

Isn't corned beef what the kid in that book feeds that miniature Indian living in his sister's dollhouse? And then yells at the Indian to not call her a squaw? I read this as a preteen. Did I? Is this a fever dream, what is that book?

The Indian in the Cupboard?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Not a photoshop

quote:

L'Opération Corned-Beef ("Operation Corned Beef") is a 1991 French action comedy film starring Christian Clavier, Jean Reno and Valerie Lemercier.

Captain Philippe Boulier (Reno) is a military intelligence officer. His team is spying on a foreign consul who is an intermediary between a Colombian arms dealer and a traitor inside the French government. They have planted a microphone inside the ring of Marie-Laurence Granianski (Lemercier), an interpreter who works in the consulate. Unfortunately, she plans to go on holiday with her husband at the time of the meeting between the arms dealer and the mysterious traitor. Boulier designs a plan: a female agent will seduce Jean-Jacques Granianski, Marie-Laurence's husband, and compromising evidence will be sent to Marie-Laurence, so that she will cancel her holiday. Unfortunately, the only agent who is attractive enough for this mission is Isabelle Fourreau, Boulier's own wife.

The director and the three leading actors would go on to make Les Visiteurs two years later.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Meme Poker Party posted:

Unfortunately, the only agent who is attractive enough for this mission is Isabelle Fourreau, Boulier's own wife.

Lmao

To keep on topic:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The TOPIC:

Liquid poo poo.

Go.

[e]gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Corned beef is one of those things that I do maybe twice a year but I love it every time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Corned beef freezes really well. Buy it before st patty's day, when it's on sale, and then throw it into a slow cooker for a lazy sunday dinner.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

ITT new page sniping gets deadly

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Corned beef hash with chili is one of my most favorite dishes to make for myself. It's probably extremely unhealthy for you, which is why I only have it once or twice out of the year, but it is unfairly delicious.

Also it looks like diarrhea, which is another reason I don't make it often.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Corned beef is something I definitely should get around to eating more often than I do; both my kids love it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

theres two kinds of corned beef, one looks like cat food and is delicious and the other looks like big cold cut chunks and is delicious

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

One time I pounded Harry henrytaints face in until it looked like corned beef

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i love corned beef i love it in basically any form, with potatoes, cabbage, and carrots, on a reuben which is one of my favorite kind of sandwiches, in breakfast hash with some fried eggs on top

I have a big slab of it in my freezer right now that I need to pull out and cook up, just throw that fucker in the instant pot easy as all hell

anyways cant wait for the second page of this thread where we get to spend talking about snipers :twisted:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

corned beef? i'm all ears

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

One time I pounded Harry henrytaints face in until it looked like corned beef

it's true when it was over i looked like this

that is literally me

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
a lot of people like to put a bottle of Guinness in the pot when they make their corned beef and cabbage and carrots, but I'm not into it. It's good at first but the leftovers have a weird bitter flavor. I like it with just water, vegetables, corned beef, and that spice packet it comes with.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The Indian in the Cupboard?

Wikipedia posted:

Similarly, Rhonda Harris Taylor explains that one aspect of controversy surrounding this novel is the "fact that the book's portrayal of Native Americans is seen as acceptable, implying its representations of American Indians as savages are the way American Indians are viewed in the mainstream," and that the role of Omri reinforces ideas of white paternalism.[12] According to Freedom to Read, the book was challenged by a school board in Kamloops, BC, and was temporarily removed from public libraries on the basis of the "potentially offensive treatment of native peoples."[16] The book was reintroduced into libraries, but the title was placed on the list of challenged materials for teacher information.[16] In 1992, Doris Seale, a Santee Dakota, Abenaki and Cree librarian, wrote, "My heart aches for the Native child unfortunate enough to stumble across, and read, these books. How could she, reading this, fail to be damaged? How could a white child fail to believe that he is far superior to the bloodthirsty, subhuman monsters portrayed here?"[17]

Lol yep that was definitely it. For some reason corned beef will eternally remind me of this book.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I'll just eat corned beef on rye bread because I grew up on that and I like it.

The Irish in Ireland don't even eat corned beef and cabbage. That was something poor immigrants to the US ate because they couldn't afford anything else.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Last year I got so much discount corned beef during the few weeks after St. Patrick's day. This year the well dried up real fast. Fuckin' supply chain.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Y'know what owns on some corned beouf?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Big beef corny

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

As a kid I used to really like corned beef and would eat it straight out of the can after playing a game of soccer or playing all day. Nowadays, every year or so, I'll buy a can of corned beef and eat a few forkfuls and let it fester in the fridge until I throw it away wasting 80% of the can.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I've never actually tried corned beef sorry