Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
:killdozer:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Rompers can go into your hair and rip it out with no diffrientral the gears just wants to tear it out. Battery opperatted/

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Killdozer was an American rock band formed in Madison, Wisconsin, in 1983 with members Bill Hobson, Dan Hobson and Michael Gerald. They took their name from the 1974 TV movie, directed by Jerry London, itself based on a Theodore Sturgeon short story. They released their first album, Intellectuals are the Shoeshine Boys of the Ruling Elite, in the same year. The band split in 1990 but reformed in 1993, losing guitarist Bill Hobson and gaining Paul Zagoras, and continued until they split up in 1996. Their farewell tour was officially titled "gently caress You, We Quit!", and included Erik Tunison of Die Kreuzen in place of Dan Hobson on drums and Jeff Ditzenberger on additional guitar. The band released nine albums, including a post-breakup live CD, The Last Waltz.

Killdozer was notable for its slow, grinding song structures and blackly humorous lyrics, growled ominously by singer/guitarist Michael Gerald at the top of his lungs. Many of their songs were disturbing narratives of small-town life gone awry, and later had a jaded, left-wing political perspective. Killdozer is regarded by many to have helped set the foundation for grunge music, despite that genre's association with the city of Seattle.

The band also became famous for its cover songs, an example being Don McLean's "American Pie". A version exists on their 1989 all-covers album For Ladies Only. Gerald also did a cover of Jessi Colter's "I'm Not Lisa" for the band's 1986 EP Burl, dedicated "in loving memory of" the then-living Burl Ives. The EP in its entirety can be found on the CD version of their 1994 album Uncompromising War on Art Under the Dictatorship of the Proletariat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tVm4e8EOvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZljN2Y-9_bQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q316PkFWYpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VddttDfjnc

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I am glad that I get to share my birthday with Killdozers. It's actually how I help myself remember both occasions :)

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
A couple years back I accidentally went viral for a thing I wrote off the cuff about the Killdozer on my lunch break. I had like fifty people connected to me on FB and that thing got shared so many times in a week that Snopes wrote an article debunking it and linking to my full name and profile. I shut the post off when some dude threatened to find and eviscerate me. I still feel a small spark of joy and tremendous unease when some jag copy pastes it this time of year.

Anyway, thats my Killdozer story thank you.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Happy B-day Bukowski try not to get hit with heavy machinery

Or go and steal one to tear poo poo up! It's your day!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lt. Cock posted:

A couple years back I accidentally went viral for a thing I wrote off the cuff about the Killdozer on my lunch break. I had like fifty people connected to me on FB and that thing got shared so many times in a week that Snopes wrote an article debunking it and linking to my full name and profile. I shut the post off when some dude threatened to find and eviscerate me. I still feel a small spark of joy and tremendous unease when some jag copy pastes it this time of year.

The one that calls him 'the last great american folk hero'?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Yvonmukluk posted:

people were mad because he spoke the truth

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yes. Admittedly it was written tongue and cheek and with a very hazy recollection of the events. Anyway turns out libertarians ate that poo poo up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Actually another goon did a pretty interesting deep dive into the Killdozer story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU
(he shared it elsewhere on the forums, btw)

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

We need a new killdozer for the modern era. Perhaps with lazer guns? A hoverdozer maybe?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We need solidarity. Killdozers.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

happy killdozer day

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

killdozer guy was probably a huge chud. I'm glad he's dead.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Buce posted:

well it looks like everybody wins

what a hero

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Excellent video game Brigador has a playable Killdozer vehicle which is great

Except the game is made by disgusting chuddy nazi transphobes so you can't play it

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I went searching for the thing I wrote and found out some dipshit reposted it to this very forum. Also snopes took my picture out of the article which is fine but I was a nice picture of a younger hotter me.

Marv was a crazy butthole but man what a story.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Songbearer posted:

Excellent video game Brigador has a playable Killdozer vehicle which is great

Except the game is made by disgusting chuddy nazi transphobes so you can't play it

just pirate it

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Buce posted:

He was and he is

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Killdozer was a dumbass libertarian who got mad at the city giving him poo poo for dumping raw sewage where it didn't belong. The fact that he managed to only kill himself during his rampage is a miracle lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Killdozer was a dumbass libertarian who got mad at the city giving him poo poo for dumping raw sewage where it didn't belong. The fact that he managed to only kill himself during his rampage is a miracle lol

there's definitely more to it than that; mostly small-town cliquey corruption of the sort that's ubiquitous across the US. not that this makes "divinely-sanctioned killdozer" a sane response

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGTF_1J_Rvs

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Pontificating rear end posted:

well it looks like everybody wins

what a hero
killdozer guy killed one more chud than most people, no getting around that

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

The documentary: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5807330/.

Pretty good, it includes a lot of the tape recording he made. Ol' Marv was pretty tightly wound.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Buce posted:

No war but class war and also the war on your small towns mayor who won't let you poo poo all over the lawn or whatever it was that got the killdozer guy to dedicate several months to constructing the killdozer

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Songbearer posted:

How's this different from any other videogame?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It was something along the lines of a city work/project blocking access for customers into his...hardware store? Then they were loving with him about zoning or building a new entrance or some such. Building concrete armour over a bulldozer and smashing it into the city boards homes and businesses and taking pot shots at cops with a mounted rifle was his answer.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The killdozer guy just missed killing a number of innocent people, including children in the local library. Wikipedia article here for those without the time to watch a video (not because you're currently building your own killdozer, I hope):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:killdozer:

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
granby owns, i went camping up there and crashed my car on a stump hiding in a shadow, i hung out with bees and ants so i am authorized to speak on it. I spraypainted 'chilldozer' on that car before i pushed it off a mountain. it is located at the top of the moountains. theres a lake. a lot of fuckers pour gas in the lake and steals all the fish.,
if you take a left you end up in cool mountains made out of old lava or some poo poo. you have to get in trouble for skateboarding down a steep hill by a park randger before they'll tell you where the cool camping spots are. anywhere you find a fire ring you can camp. but like i said, take a left at the white ceramic horse then do a left right left move and you'll be on a mountain and it owns.

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
ive been to granby ama., or dont

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BigBadSteve posted:

The killdozer guy just missed killing a number of innocent people, including children in the local library. Wikipedia article here for those without the time to watch a video (not because you're currently building your own killdozer, I hope):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

yea he was careful not to hurt the innocent. a true hero.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i don't have time to build my own killdozer so i just ordered one on aliexpress

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

kntfkr posted:

i don't have time to build my own killdozer so i just ordered one on aliexpress

Bad news friend, it's 1:72 scale.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Killdozer was extremely determined to die mad.

He died mad.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
In the end he lost everything anyway, but he did get to piss some people off before the end. We do not know his life's outcome had this incident not occurred. He was a frustrated, angry man that did not know how to deal with it. I think a lot of us have felt this way, we're just not lunatics. We also know anyone of us are just few bad decisions away from loving our lives up. I try to remember this day, besides as a celebration of my life, as one of raising awareness of both mental health issues, as well as ones of classism, poverty, toxic masculinity and our problems with trying to get help and/or accepting losses. Be well friends.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lt. Cock posted:

I'm certain at least 1 person read your words in some chud facebook group and thought "I'm going to become a folk hero too" before planning and executing a mass shooting

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

Charles Bukowski posted:

In the end he lost everything anyway, but he did get to piss some people off before the end. We do not know his life's outcome had this incident not occurred. He was a frustrated, angry man that did not know how to deal with it. I think a lot of us have felt this way, we're just not lunatics. We also know anyone of us are just few bad decisions away from loving our lives up. I try to remember this day, besides as a celebration of my life, as one of raising awareness of both mental health issues, as well as ones of classism, poverty, toxic masculinity and our problems with trying to get help and/or accepting losses. Be well friends.

He was the hero of the month on these very forums. Not everyone gets their very own custom smilies.