Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
So I was drunk driving across the Bay Bridge to meet up with Walter White and the Nazis (Walt was very happy and assured me that this was going to make us all rich) when a spaceship interrupted traffic so I flew to meet them. Then Walt shot me in the face at the rendezvous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up -- my pillow was GONE!!! :eek:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My brother wouldn't stop calling chili dogs "soggy doggies" so I punched him in the face

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My brother wouldn't stop calling chili dogs "soggy doggies" so I punched him in the face

Best tasting hotdog ever mite put it in the menu

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

2nd Amendment posted:

So I was drunk driving across the Bay Bridge to meet up with Walter White and the Nazis (Walt was very happy and assured me that this was going to make us all rich) when a spaceship interrupted traffic so I flew to meet them. Then Walt shot me in the face at the rendezvous

a dream is a wish your heart makes

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Dreams suck. When they’re not straight up eldritch horror, they’re confusing, frustrating, unsatisfying situations that can ruin my day. I wish I could dream about something cool like eating a giant marshmallow. No, I dream about having to crawl into a dark spider filled pit to stop a broken pipe from exploding poo poo water underneath my house and my ex girlfriend is living with me for some reason.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Stryder posted:

a dream is a wish your heart makes

I do like drunk driving, breaking bad, meth, making money and suicidal ideation. This interpretation checks out.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Dreams don't really mean anything, it's just your brain doing stuff, mr. re-reg account.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

2nd Amendment posted:

It means you've driven drunk before, op

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
who knows, you thought it, op

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I was waiting in line at the pharmacy at a grocery store when an entire group of 3-5 year old kids (orphans or something) lined up behind me with their prescriptions in hand, and the two in front tried to cut in front me me (I was next). I kneeled and told the kid "Cutting in line is very rude, you have to wait your turn." And the lady in charge of them said "You're very good with kids, do you have any of your own?" I replied, "No, I dislike children." And she said "I can see that you're lying, I can see it in your eyes." So I got my medicine and walked back to meet up with my Mom and brother who were shopping with a cart, and as I approached, a short fat man with a military veteran Navy hat on turned sideways and rubbed the front of his body up against my mother like a pervert, so I bit his shoulder very hard to surprise him and punched him in the face. I screamed "Marine Corps Motherfucker!" (I am a veteran of the USMC) and he started to try and argue, so I started to make a scene about him being a disgusting pervert rubbing up against my mom like that, and said if he came within 10 feet of her again I would bite his loving nose off.

Woke up sweaty and my heart beating rapidly. Thanks brain.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
protip if dreams annoy you drink youself to sleep

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I dreamt about relapsing last night and it sucked. All of the guilt, none of the fun of actually doing hard drugs.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I dreamed I hugged Galadriel :blush:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
lately all they've been is a way for my subconscious lizard brain to complain that i haven't stuck my dick in anyone lately

like no poo poo, rear end in a top hat, what do you think that monthly patreon bill is for, philanthropy? it's to shut you up long enough to purge the prostate and keep the cancer cells out of it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They mean you aren't working hard enough during the day you lazy piss soaked gently caress of a person. Your filth and laziness disgusts you on such a foundational level even your own stupid brain struggles to free itself of the shambling wreck of existence you call 'living'.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

dreams are messages from the deep

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It means you have a crush on someone op, what's his name?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dreaming, dreaming is free

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I dreamed I was happy.

Then I woke up.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I only rarely remember my dreams. Sometimes I'll remember them right when I get up but then I'll go to take a pissy and they'll immediately fade into the ether.

I guess that's why people that care a lot about that do dream journals or whatever

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
My favourite dreams are ones where you know something about the situation and it's not directly relevant or something you could be expected to know or even something that makes sense but you know it for a certainty anyway. like you dream you meet someone in the street and talk to them about mowing the lawn but it's important that you get away from them because they're a burglar. they didn't tell you they are a burglar or hint at it or reveal anything about themselves that would indicate they are a burglar, and you've never met or heard of them before, but you just know they are a burglar because dreams are like that

or you dream it's a wednesday and you're walking to the post box to post a letter but you know you have to be at the office in ten minutes because it's ice cream thursday

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It means your gay op. Welcome!

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Lifepuzzler posted:

I was waiting in line at the pharmacy at a grocery store when an entire group of 3-5 year old kids (orphans or something) lined up behind me with their prescriptions in hand, and the two in front tried to cut in front me me (I was next). I kneeled and told the kid "Cutting in line is very rude, you have to wait your turn." And the lady in charge of them said "You're very good with kids, do you have any of your own?" I replied, "No, I dislike children." And she said "I can see that you're lying, I can see it in your eyes." So I got my medicine and walked back to meet up with my Mom and brother who were shopping with a cart, and as I approached, a short fat man with a military veteran Navy hat on turned sideways and rubbed the front of his body up against my mother like a pervert, so I bit his shoulder very hard to surprise him and punched him in the face. I screamed "Marine Corps Motherfucker!" (I am a veteran of the USMC) and he started to try and argue, so I started to make a scene about him being a disgusting pervert rubbing up against my mom like that, and said if he came within 10 feet of her again I would bite his loving nose off.

Woke up sweaty and my heart beating rapidly. Thanks brain.

This one is easy. The excessive time and energy you spend guarding your mother's sexual purity is preventing you from starting a family.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
they mean get back to work! :mad:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I dreamt I was a moron.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
One time I had a dream where giant aliens had conquered the earth. The ground outside was a wasteland but they built and lived in these habitrail things. I was turned into a doll, specifically a "no diaper baby" for one of the alien overlord's children to play with. He'd make me and other humans do tea parties, play dress up, etc with each other. But the "no diaper" part means that our anuses had been sewn shut so every day became more painful as we were filled with poop we couldn't release. When I was no longer fun to play with (because I was in so much pain because I couldn't relieve myself) I was thrown down the trash shoot. I landed on a pile of other no diaper baby formerly human corpses.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

usually I dream about either being trapped in a labyrinthine Collyer's mansion, under orders to clear or move the impossible volume of trash but thwarted by the sheer mass of filthy garbage, the lack of a disposal method or even an exit from the huge, decrepit house; or I'm outside, navigating weird dream-terrain trying to escape the former fate, and eventually failing. probably means I don't work hard enough

had a really nice one a few months ago, where I was a (lighthearted, Dragon Quest-esque) knight in the service of a kindly and handsome prince, whom I saved from treachery at the hands of his kin. nothing at all like it since, though :smith:

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Even though its arecurring theme in all my dreams they def dont mean i love gay sex

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I had a dream where I didn't have any friends

I woke up feeling very sad :(

but then I remembembered that I have 206,513 friends on the SA forums :)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Ginette Reno posted:

I only rarely remember my dreams. Sometimes I'll remember them right when I get up but then I'll go to take a pissy and they'll immediately fade into the ether.

I guess that's why people that care a lot about that do dream journals or whatever

yes

it's been a while since high school psychology but as I recall a lot of information from your senses enters a part of your brain that's sort of just constantly draining like a colander. if any of it is important, you store it in your short-term memory, if not, pfft, gone. then if short term memories are important, like you keep having to retrieve them, they become long-term memories. except "flash bulb memories" which are so immediately and obviously important they jump the line and become long-term memories and there's nothing you can do about it

your dreams aren't real, so you don't generally remember them unless you specifically make it a point to, which is why dream journals work. you're putting them into memory before they drain out of the colander

I have a completely unfalsifiable hypothesis that dreams are your brain running test scenarios with random variables grabbed from your life so you can respond faster to unexpected events, which would help us survive in an unpredictable universe

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Dreams don't mean anything, op. You really shouldn't worry about them.

Btw I get this dream quite often, it's pretty nifty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Y-dpZ4Diw

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the thing about dreams is, they're only interesting to the person who dreamt them.

hosed up when all ur teeth fall out in one tho

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

In dreams, you're mine

All of the time

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Lot of gay people in this thread. Its good to see.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Is consciousness part of Information?

Are dreams?

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I dreamed recently that I'd tried to hijack a plane to strike a blow at global capitalism, and everything was going predictably wrong and it was dawning on me that (a) as a non-gun-trained computer toucher with an abiding respect for human life I didn't have the nerve to follow any of my plans or threats through and (b) I'd thrown my entire life down the toilet for an incredibly stupid plan that had no chance of succeeding

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Ed Harris was trying to explain to me why my dad had to take the fall and get fired for Ed's gently caress up (dad's been dead for 2 decades and was never part of my life).

I'd had enough of Ed Harris's poo poo and I got in his face and pointed my finger under his chin and I screamed "IF YOU DON"T SHUT UP I AM GONNA HIT YOU!"

The shouting woke me up a bit. Then Ed Harris turned into my wife who moments before was snoring very loudly but now looked a bit scared.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

When I had a really bad time in my life, my dreams would show an alternative world where everything was better. I remember looking forward to sleeping all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

When I worked for Mosquito Control I used to dream that I went back to work for American Pest and now I went back to pest control I keep dreaming I went back to Mosquito Control. Revolving poo poo jobs.