Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone posted:

it's been a while since high school psychology but as I recall a lot of information from your senses enters a part of your brain that's sort of just constantly draining like a colander. if any of it is important, you store it in your short-term memory, if not, pfft, gone
just suddenly remembered this is called the "Visuospatial Sketchpad" and, upon googling, I seem to be describing the Working Memory Model proposed by Alan Baddeley and Graham Hitch in 1974, if anybody is curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Bula Vinaka posted:

Is consciousness part of Information?

Are dreams?

I'm going to find my hands in the astral plane and then come find you and dunk your head in a toilet

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.
I used to load trucks years ago for work. The job was easy enough. Take off loads from the truck and shove poo poo back in.

I use to have dreams of just loading poo poo into trucks only to wake up and go to work to load trucks again.
Life is silly. :banjo:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

CozyFella posted:

I used to load trucks years ago for work. The job was easy enough. Take off loads from the truck and shove poo poo back in.

I use to have dreams of just loading poo poo into trucks only to wake up and go to work to load trucks again.
Life is silly. :banjo:

This reminds me of the time I had a dream about writing a JIRA ticket.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Having flying or insane jump abilities and bounce around town, those are the dopest dreams. If I had the choice I'd have them every time but unfortunately they are rare :(

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure that song is basically Stevie Nicks telling Lindsay Buckingham to go gently caress himself OP. Also the correct grammar is "What does Dreams mean?"

HTH.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I met up with a girl I dated in high school and her husband. He's... extremely fine, I guess? It wasn't her actual husband (who I've never met) but a guy I knew in HS who got big into the suburban lifestyle and then big into pills leaving us all with a whole "was that overdose on purpose?" question. Anyway, we were going to a steak house that my sister-in-law really likes near the Indianapolis War Memorial in Milwaukee (it's a dream). Anyway, this guy was really excited about my Tesla (I do not own a Tesla) so I graciously get in the back seat and motion for him to get in front. He excitedly gets in the back (he was a linebacker so with my daughter in the back as well it is extremely cramped) and uses voice commands for the automated driving system. We start driving and I suddenly notice no one is in the driver's seat and I'm all "what the gently caress dude?" but he's all "don't worry, the AI's got this". We get to where we are going and before we can park he disengages the AI and I'm like "What the gently caress dude?" but thankfully there is a steering wheel on the back of the front seats so I can drive and I'm all "don't worry, I do this all the time (despite knowing I don't)." Problem is though, while you can steer from the back you can't break so I need to manually engage the brakes. I ask the guy to grab the wheel and he's all "Let your daughter do it" but she's suddenly a baby in a bucket seat singing "wheels on the bus" so I have to crawl to the front and disengage the front passenger seat, open the door and throw it in the street so I can access the manual brakes in my Tesla. The pov switches to the car stopping just before it crashes into another car and I wake up.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
no hope no harm
just another false alarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I honestly don't think I've ever had a completely inexplicable dream. They've always been collages of things I'd recently been thinking about.