Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
You know what? This could be a fun thing, sure. I don't normally venture off LP but I can try new things.

I use she/they and am on EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Wake up gamers, cuz you’re watching the big crime dimension!

Seriously though, are people looking after Lower Paddle? They need someone with them in these trying times.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Everyone's acting so concerned about the upper paddle, but nobody's asking what happened to the ball?

…you didn’t hear? I guess it’s a bit of a sore subject. The… the original Ball wanted to strike out on their own, get into other franchises. After a somewhat successful stint with Breakout games, they tried to go even farther and, well. They died in a stunt accident during the production of Bomberman: Act Zero. It wasn’t pretty.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

cuntman.net posted:

wait thats it. lower paddle is the only one with motivation for the crime. now that upper paddle is out of the way theyll win every game forever. case closed guys lower paddle is the culprit

You make a compelling point about their motive. Now we just need to locate evidence...

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

I'm more inclined to not 'flip' anyone Day 1 just by the nature of absolutely zero information to work off of and not wanting to be horribly unfair, but if the person with actual experience says it's a better idea to do so, I suppose my choices would be either Lower Paddle (that argument WAS pretty compelling), or wologar for being the first one to rather rudely propose flipping someone with, as mentioned, zero information. :v:

Still lean more towards no elimination.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

…I guess this is the mafia newbie experience, huh? :v:

Really though, y’all have been making actually really good arguments for why we should flip someone right away overnight. The extent of my logic was “well it seems like a dick move to pick someone to off already”; I haven’t been studying the statistical meta. But y’all have Proper Reasoning and stuff. So sure, I’ll vote for someone.

That being said I don’t know who rn (especially bc wologar apologized for being kinda harsh)

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Green Wing posted:

Simply spinning the wheel at the last moment...not good. No information, not useful. MSRR?

I think they mean My Second Re Reg, who has decided to vote whatever’s chaos?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

My Second Re-Reg posted:

So is anybody else in this thread ACTUALLY a newcomer to this whole thing?

Legit, I’ve never done one of these before, I was going bleh at getting the first vote at me.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Isn’t that basically Vault 11 in Fallout: New Vegas?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

wologar posted:

Oh, just in case, I was musing about a possible game setup for another time. I highly doubt we're on a Vault-11 situation here.

Ayyyyyyyy

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Clearly established chaotic intentions are as good a reason as any for this first minimal info day, I suppose. I can get where MSRR's coming from with a working idea of the people with really strong and constructed arguments having an edge for control, but for now? I think Green Wing and NeverHelm are just really enthusiastic and giving the reasoning their all. Which is, y'know, a good way to be.

I'm more than happy to shift my vote if provided with more information, but in the name of just putting a vote on the board and lessening us all piling in last moment, I'll also ##vote My Second Re-Reg

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Yeah, I think it's better if we don't finish this until closer to the deadline. Give more people time to express more thoughts. Just in case, I'm willing to ##unvote so one more person hopping in from time zone sleep absence doesn't hammer off discussion. I got my vote in earlier to lessen the risk of all the votes piling in at the end, but that's clearly not as much of a risk now.

That being said, while there's obviously some bandwagoning, I'm not sure how much of it we could reliably call Scum Moves at this point. The fact of the matter is that Green Wing and NeverHelm are the ones primarily driving discussion and offering the largest and most detailed arguments so far, and they both landed on MSRR. We're day 1, so the only things we have to go off of are espoused ideas from people and attempted readings of them while nothing's really happened that could be called reliable data. As such, I imagine that the average townie can easily just... come in, read through the thread thus far and catch up, and go "well, that makes sense, I suppose" and express support for that course of action, which is "Don't know if they're scum or just trying to be a bit shitposter-y, but MSRR's reasoning is weird and could sabotage town if left unchecked".

With that in mind, along with time zones and early stage-ness, I don't think I could start pointing at people who just haven't said that much as particularly suspicious. Yet, anyway. Are there scum in there? Totally; it'd be weirder if there weren't. But I think I could only feel good about my decisions on that front if I went back and reviewed things they said on Day 1 later after a longer stretch of reading and behavior. I'd feel incredibly arbitrary and dickish sniping at someone for a lack of info about them this early.

So my focus has to land on, y'know, the people actually talking a good amount. As I've said, Green Wing and NeverHelm are the loudest, and it could be argued they're trying to become The Leader Folks early so as to guide town around by the nose, but... I genuinely believe Green Wing's reasoning of just being unemployed and very excited. Don't have as much specific stuff to believe about NeverHelm, but I don't see either's behavior as particularly suspicious yet. Just involved.

The only other two players who've really stood out to me in posting style and involvement beyond reaction and clarification to the arguments of others are, funnily enough, the two with no avatar: Wologar and MSRR. I was a little :v: at Wolo initially for being the first one to toss out a name for a day 1 vote, but I since got convinced that despite my balking and still feeling a little bad about it, a day 1 flip is the best way to go. Other than that, no real issues and they seem to be considering stuff well. Which leaves MSRR, who is, well. The topic of all this discussion.

I don't really have good reason to think they're scum. Just dramatic and expressing a proclivity for chaos. But that is targeted against people who at least feel more town aligned with somewhat shaky reasoning about eliminating people who seem... competent and involved. I can completely see where they're coming from, but I don't agree with it. And, frankly, by my own standards, I don't have a better choice.

So... yeah. If it helps anyone, there's my reasoning. For lack of better options, I still lean towards MSRR. If discussion swings in alternative ways or hot new posting occurs that I could interpret as Meaningful Evidence, then maybe when I slot my vote back in in a few hours it'll be for someone else. Or maybe two more people come in and say "nah, hammer time" and discussion ends anyway. poo poo could happen.

...And I just hit preview and saw multiple people spoke up while I was typing this. Oop. Nothing I really have to respond to in there, though, other than a reaffirmation in my mind that I can't really use 'lurking' as evidence of deviousness because then I'd have to use that as an argument about most of the players for now. :V

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Green Wing posted:

I'm taking the opportunity of not having a job to catch up on my posting :confuoot:

You take the silver linings where you can get them, I suppose!

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

I disagree with this. I'd argue this is pretty much how the votes will drop every time- We held most of the structure of a simple trial. We started with accusations, each side made arguments, and each side made closing statements, dropping votes alongside their conclusions.

This is... pretty reasonable, actually. Should probably keep that in mind for looking at the structure of other days. Unless I get flipped overnight, but even then I'd still be reading the thread.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Well this has kicked off with a bang. I'm just gonna start typing here.

1) As a Umineko fan it sucks that Beatrice left town. I hope she's getting a nice mansion wherever she's run off to.

2) I think wologar's point of why AFancyQuestionMark was targeted tracks. They were one of the votes, sure, but didn't really do much of anything or arise any particular suspicion that anyone actually said. The one time they really felt like they did more than that was to raise an eyebrow at Plastic, which others were doing at the same time, so that doesn't stand out much either.

3) Congrats on your date, Green Wing! In the name of topic relevancy, I don't think "talks a lot" is much of a scum tell. I do believe you're just super enthusiastic and have a good amount of time. That doesn't 100% clear you, sure, but I'm really not reading you as scum.

4) I think that Masons, being the equivalent of the Lovers or BFFs or whatever variation, having an option where their inherent premise of "I know who you are" is damaged by it being possible one of them's scum is... really weird, but if it's on the wiki, I guess it's possible?

5) Bucnasti, uh... Story and behavior is confusing, even if I get the basis of the "discussion leader is guiding us wrong as a joke" argument. Not great vibes, but at the same time, some of that could be from our own generalized confusion about the details of Masonry.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Yeah, I can basically believe that. I'm not going to do discord detective work because that, frankly, feels kinda cheap, but just logically that sounds to me like it's a matter of getting things setting up and distributing channel permissions to the right people.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

I don't think the scenario I proposed is a massive leap, though. I think it's completely plausible that the mafia intentionally avoided targeting Green Wing or NeverHelm as their night elimination. Green Wing and NeverHelm were guaranteed to be under town scrutiny immediately after D2 started, and it would be easier for the mafia to convince town to vote either of them out than it would be to convince town to vote out a more innocuous poster.

I'd call that plausible as well, though by no means guaranteed. I also just want to put out there that though we keep talking about them in the same breath, there's no evidence linking Green Wing and NeverHelm in alignment or anything other than them both speaking up and making a number of constructed arguments with one a bit more active than the other. I don't have reason to suspect either of being that scummy, but for the sake of coherency, it might be better if we don't strictly lump them together.

wologar posted:

As an aside, I find it hilarious that there's an apparent feeling of "what good are masons for, anyway". SA Games against union workers.

In a well run union, there should be an element of trust for your fellow worker! If you can't be sure whether your coworker is actually a ratfink snitch to your corrupt boss with mob ties, then can you really call that true collective action?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

wologar posted:

Then let's look at another possibility: Scum didn't pile up against MSRR because they didn't want to lose access to the masonry, so they backed off when their banishment was turning into a reality. That leaves cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore and wologar as the scum team, with Jadecore being the one backpedaling (she voted and unvoted). We got them all!

Well dang, ain’t you a master sleuth, Wolo? Makes sense to me; I can get back to watching Wimbledon with a happy heart knowing we found all the nefarious scum!. :v:

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Another reason I think Bucnasti is town: Consider the situation in which Re-Reg is town but Bucnasti is scum and the two are in a masonry together. Bucnasti would immediately tell the other scum this. This would put them in a perfect position to use the masonry as a way to influence Re-Reg's vote for the duration of the game, or sap him for information. But instead (assuming at least some of the D1 votes were scum) they decided to lunch him, immediately denying themselves a game advantage. We can argue about exactly how advantageous it is to have secret scum in a masonry, but I can't imagine a position where it would be a net negative for the scum. So this entire scenario doesn't check out, it makes no sense for scum to dogpile someone they want to keep in the game over any other random townie.

Seriously though, this is probably the most compelling argument that Bucnasti is most likely town to me. Claiming the other mason position and making such an uproar seems way too honestly off-kilter at this point to actually be a scum play, especially since nobody’s counterclaimed the position, so at this point I buy that… which also means that Bucnasti is probably town since being scum or third party would benefit from having someone to influence outside of the public eye.

Cloacamazing! posted:

As someone said earlier, assuming Green Wing is town, scum were hoping she'd get voted out today since she's been pushing for MSRR the hardest and is most likely to take the fall for it. A random kill gives us the least information.

If that was their play, though, wouldn’t that be pretty shortsighted? I mean, from the very start, Green Wing was saying “I’m not sure you’re actually scum but I think that’s a very anti-town attitude” openly. Which is perfectly legitimate reasoning for day 1. And when that turned out to be true and the statistically likely thing happened with MSRR being town, nearly everyone said “yeah, that tracks” and didn’t blame Green Wing as being a ringleader for it.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Looking over that, I probably stand out as the oddest move in the vote counts, but I think I explained my reasoning at the time. Namely, a number of us were worried about potentially not getting enough discussion before a hammer, when we were sitting at 6, so I unvoted so that one person on their own couldn't end the talk. It made sense to me, at least, and I think we got some more time to talk things over out of it.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Cloacamazing! posted:

Witch hunts are a thing.

LupusAter posted:

On the other hand, that being a perfectly reasonable and defensible position means that if she is scum she has great deniablility after the flip. Not that I think the fact she survived Night 1 is an indicator in any direction, and her general play reads as more town-ish to me, so there's that.

Fair enough! I mean, like I've said, I think Green Wing is probably town. Just saying that if that was their plan, it flopped pretty hard and the attempt at a witch hunt died fast.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Bucnasti posted:

If they were dangerous wouldn't the scum have taken then out the first night instead of afancyquestionmark?

Well, if they were a dangerous town role, scum would have no way of knowing that, seeing as this is one of them there hidden role games. Everything about the "they must be important because they were the sub" speculation doesn't really check out to me when we just really wanted 13 players to fill out the roster. And in terms of being dangerous from what they say, they just... haven't? Most of their talking has been saying they're taking it chill, or pointing out what they think is good material and posts from a veteran's perspective or clarification of things, which would be valuable for anyone who hasn't played this much before.

That being said, that adds up to an incredibly attention-grabbing form of lurking as evidenced by us all talking about it a lot. I'd appreciate more constructive or meaty input from Plastic, especially now that they're the suspicion du jor.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Well hey, thanks mods! Gives us some extra time to get more words in from the people who we haven't heard as much from. I don't normally actually do much for the 4th despite being American for, y'know, Reasons, but maybe I'll... I dunno, make some buffalo chicken dip.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Green Wing posted:

Jadecore

- Pretty active.
- Is American, but watches Wimbledon. As an Englishwoman who watches MLB and NFL, I feel affinity.

Withholding judgement until I see an actual suggestion of who Jadecore thinks is scum. If this isn't forthcoming with reasoning, scum read. The more posts that get posted without a suspicious finger being pointed at somebody, the more I think this is under-the-radar flying.

At request, I can help with that! I haven't been really laying that out because... well, frankly, my reads are weak. Like, in your provided reasoning in this post, you have a lot of "I don't know" and
"It's very weak but here it is", and my inclination when I don't have enough to be at least somewhat confident is to not throw it out there, or offer my consideration more directly related to lines of logic or inquiry. But I'm happy to share thoughts on request.

PlasticAutomaton is the candidate with the most DIRECT evidence on him that I think holds up. But that just isn't that much evidence, and I don't buy a veteran complimenting newbies on their posting style as a move you can get any sort of read out of. The closest I can get is a scenario where he's scum and that being a "breaking character" moment to encourage these new town players for well reasoned arguments, like an antagonist in a show who's actually trying to stealth mentor the heroes and lead them to developing into stronger fighters. "Strike me down and become true warriors" or something. And that's taking a lot of creative liberty. That being said, it's undeniable Plastic is the most easily seen lurker here between saying he'll do a big post then not following through due to irl excuses (including a hinted roleclaim? please produce), offering advice and clarifications about mechanics and roles to the thread at large without saying much about the actual gameplay, and just the general presence of a veteran. As I've said, Plastic is the person I want to see more from the most in this game in terms of some sorta substantial contribution.

Caffeinated Jerkoff has seemed just weirdly confident and determined in their theory on why AFancyQuestionMark was offed with minimal evidence. And that's pretty much the only thing they've talked about period: theories of the scum's mindset and logic, like some kind of true crime podcast. That self-assurance with minimal content that I don't even agree with AND that we should really move past rather than relying on as a debate point because there's not much meaningful I think we can get out of it is just odd behavior.

Cloacamazing feels like a bit like Caffeinated but with... well I was going to say less posting but I checked the counter and they're equal with each other as I write this post. I know that life stuff can make getting up to a requested number hard, but I distinctly remember "and that should make 10, boy this is hard" being the content of their last day 1 post, which doesn't help at all for getting a read. She's stuck to the same conversation topics too, just having less standout confidence in the matter than Caffeinated.

HyperCrabTank cast the first voting stone at the person most players collectively are worried about while also putting a lot of emphasis on "idk though". Relatable, but I know I don't have the confidence to place my vote yet without getting something more out of Plastic, unless we start coming down to the wire at which point said silence becomes fairly damning. They made a pretty convincing and detailed argument about why Bucnasti is probably town, which I agree with, and this is the closest to a null read of all of these.

So in short, Plastic is the number one in my mind but I want to hear more, and Caffeinated is my number two.

...god drat it and I hit preview and a bunch more posts came in. Why do I take so long to write these? Uh... okay, skimming over them, HCT's vibes these last few posts seem weird to me but that isn't a strong reason, aaaand I don't really want to use "is the veteran" as reasoning criteria for why we should flip Plastic but it still is the thing that makes him the most visible and can't really be extricated from anything else he does. There.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

I’m coming to the conclusion that I might tend to read confidence at this stage of this game as suspicious if only because I really don’t know how to be confident in any of my reads. Which isn’t helpful.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Jadecore: Slightly scum. Seems to be trying to muddle the waters about PlasticAutomaton in her latest post while handwaving vaguely in my direction without outright wanting to call me scum. Day one reads were similarly wishy-washy, but ultimately landing on weakly anti-Green Wing and anti-Re-Reg. Gives me the feeling of someone trying their best to not appear too passive, but also not contribute anything that is strongly going to direct anyone in the direction of people they know are scum.

That being said, I do have to ask: do you want me to, like… lie? And say “oh wow, I’m getting MAJOR sussy vibes from this one individual and no counterarguments make any logical sense to me, time to burn”? Because even if I don’t agree with them, I can understand where a bunch of arguments in the thread are coming from. And I don’t really have reads I’m incredibly confident in. If that’s wishy-washy then I guess I am, but I don’t see that as an inherently bad thing. Also I don’t thiiiiink I was ever particularly anti Green Wing beyond “I understand the argument”.

I shouldn’t be taking an accusation particularly personally but your reasoning bugs me. Maybe I should have read some more old games and this is a normal train of thought.

Anyway, even if this sounds” wishy washy”, I haven’t really been particularly suspicious of wologar before this point but the whole “willing to sacrifice myself for town” thing has weird vibes, like actively trying to get martyred? Or using that AS a defense? There are probably third party roles in SA Mafia that want to get flipped, right?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Right, a jester. I know a role like that is pretty common in other mafia/werewolf style games, so I kinda figured that if we were going to have ANY third party role that would probably be it, but if they’re noted to be uncommon for SA then that’s prooooobably not what’s happening.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Cloacamazing! posted:

Also, is it just me or are some people allergic to pinning down their votes? Jadecore especially, you've been speculating and suspecting people the entire day, but never actually voted. You, Lupus Ater and cuntman.net are the only ones who haven't voted at any point in this day, and I'm not entirely sure those two are even still around.

Votes are very concrete when my suspicions explicitly aren’t, so I haven’t really been cementing anything. (Plus I’m on mobile all day today.) That being said, we’re getting pretty drat close to the deadline and nobody’s within one of a hammer,, so I should put one in.

Y’know, I brought up the possibility of voting Wologar day 1 due to them being the first one to propose voting for someone with minimal evidence. Obviously things have moved past that and we’re in a day with more data in addition to me getting shown why a day 1 flip is actually a good idea, so I gave up on that because my only reason for suspicion was gone. I didn’t even have wolo as one of my top scum guesses. That being said, this recent stuff has been mondo erratic and kinda desperate. I hope this really isn’t an introduction to third party roles with Jester gameplay, but I’ll also ##vote wologar.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Yeah, I wasn’t gonna start speculating about all the wonderful roles scum might be targeting, but if we were going to have any special roles I figured there’d probably be some sort of doctor or other kill blocker. Congrats on a successful maneuver, anonymous hero!

Can we all agree to not start shaking up our behavior significantly to be more dramatic and self sacrificing master plan-y if suspicions start falling significantly on us, by the way? Because that seems to be what effectively sunk both MSRR and Wologar, and both were, y’know, town.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

I don’t really buy Bucnasti as scum at this point. The whole masonry debacle yesterday felt too genuinely caught up in personal dedication with fiddly questions around which type of masonry might be in place. If it was a scum play, that was some really masterful acting. Which, no offense, Bucnasti, isn’t really a vibe I get from you unless you were getting straight up coached, which seems really improbable.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

I realized I'm not 100 percent sure: what's EXLO actually mean? A loss condition, obviously, but I can't quite interpret the acronym.

Green Wing posted:

I do not think there is a clear enough alternative target for a protective role to have coincided with the scum target (though simple chance is an option)

I mean, there is, actually. You, unless we're all horribly misled. Your active posting and constant regaling of various arguments and thoughts make you high profile, and most of us think that you're an enthusiastic town member. If the scum decided to try and decapitate someone in a 'leadership' role in town, you would be an obvious target. I'm with NeverHelm; I think it's possible Plastic is town at this point, especially now that he's started talking more actively, but I don't think not dying overnight clears him of suspicion.

Green Wing posted:

It was not as complex as you are describing. Water-muddying and tossing a vote against a toenie (me) out there to see if anybody bit. Nobody did, but worth a punt from scum. Later on, wologar played himself so it wasn't necessary. I don't think any significant coaching would have been required to decide to play it off as blinded by Mason loyalty.

As for this... that's a broad picture interpretation of what happened, but I'm talking more about HOW it actually went down. Namely, devolving into a confused debate about mechanics with a lot of absolute certainty but not as much of a constructed argument. Bucnasti's masonry story when all pulled together totally checks out, but if it was a scum devised plot, I feel like that argument would have been presented together at the beginning instead of having to be pulled together. The lack of cohesion in presentation sells it to me as clumsy but genuine.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Work has been noticeably more of a headache than usual the past couple days, and I do in fact have a headache as I write this right now, with looking at my laptop screen hurting my eyes a bit, but it's also been mondo quiet so I should pipe up. I'm not going to lie and say I'm confident in this poo poo. Because I'm not. I think that should be obvious, and I think a LOT of people are deeply unsure of anything to work with and that's part of why the thread is relatively quiet.

##eliminate LupusAter. This loving sucks and I feel bad saying it, but at this point I think the information gained by their flipping will help sort everyone's theories out more than keeping an extra body in the game. And information is the only thing we can actually reasonably work with with any confidence. If they're town then that loving sucks and we REALLY have to be on high alert, if they're scum then I guess it's a freebie, but either way the resolution will provide key evidence to someone's theorycrafting.

Other than that... gently caress, y'all, I don't know what else to talk about. I want a nap. I don't think Green Wing or Bucnasti are scum and they're at each other's throats. With Caffeinated Jerkoff branching out into other conversation topics and clear consideration, and Plastic returning to the land of the living enough to contribute well reasoned arguments, the main reasons they were my top two are basically gone. I think the reason I had any particular suspicions of HCT might have been me overinterpreting tone or confidence into suspicion, and that's deeply unfair of me and isn't resonating as much anymore. I guess the one from my short list who still holds up somewhat is Cloacamazing? And potentially Plastic but for different, weaker reasons than before. And I don't know what the gently caress to make of NeverHelm or cuntman at this point, but NeverHelm is probably town if their Lupus read turns out right.

I'm not putting in a proper vote yet. I feel poo poo enough adding to the elimination. If that goes through then I'll probably have enough evidence to cast one.

The storm outside my window hasn't started yet but the rumbling thunder and faint wind sounds nice. Why have I been typing at this for the better part of an hour while flitting between stuff. I'm gonna hit post and get off to focus on that for a little while.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Well, I suppose that worked out. Not exactly a traditional way to eliminate scum, I imagine, but what works, works. ...still felt bad, honestly.

That being said, Lupus being scum does give me enough confidence to ##vote Plastic Automaton. Despite claims otherwise, it does feel like a significant amount of Lupus' posting was targeted to be protective of Plastic. And while we've gotten more good thoughts from Plastic since the tide really started threatening them, it's not really enough to clear them of suspicion. I'm perfectly willing to change it if a better suspect arises, but... I'm probably not going to swap off this just because someone starts insinuating master plans and "kill me if it satisfies you" rambling because at this point that seems to be something townsfolk do.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

This may be a weird point, but don't Doctors have to successfully mindmeld with scum to pick the person they think scum will target that night? It's obviously extremely powerful, but if there's enough roulette elements to it, couldn't scum just gamble, not kill theoretical Doctor Plastic, and then let town flip him the next day if their kill goes through? ...I mean that's taking a lot of chance and not playing optimally, but as strictly a mind game bamboozler play it could throw people off.

That being said, it's a really dramatic claim. I feel like a counterclaim would be very dangerous if Plastic is scum, and while Cloaca has been on my list of possibly suspicious, Plastic has the much more... active air. I don't want to move my vote for the moment.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Green Wing posted:

This looks like you're arguing that a doctor isn't as huge a utility as all that.

Then, wouldn't you agree it's worth losing them in order to lose a scum, at this stage in the game? (the most likely outcome of a counter-claim)

If you agree with the above, doesn't it also follow that the lack of a counter-claim indicates there is no counter-claim?

I get what you're saying but also this feels dependent on the doctor having those self sacrifice instincts and being online and also I think something's weird about the logic here?

And I hit preview after stepping away for a moment and glance down and we have undergone a complete circle throw, so I'm just gonna stay where I am, thanks.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Yeah turns out being kinda drained by work and also tending towards putting a ton of thoughts into single posts that take you ages to construct instead of a number of shorter ones can come back on you. :v:

While I'm primarily suspicious of Cloaca as well rn, I... don't wanna throw another vote on her without more discussion when it's only 4 to flip? The day only just started and if I did it'd be any one more vote to hammer and end the day.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

NeverHelm posted:

Well, who else do you find suspicious?

If Green Wing is scum, she wouldn't have backpedaled on her counterclaim request. That was what led to Plastic's downfall in the end.
Bucnasti as scum seems extremely unlikely to me, that would have been two extremely hard busses on Day 3. The same would be even more true for me.
CJ voted for both Lupus and Plastic as well. If you squint really hard, you could read that as self-preservation I suppose. But we could just vote them tomorrow in that case, we have time.
cuntman is the second scummiest by my estimation, but Plastic tried to deflect from Cloacamazing onto him, probably for that very reason. Again, we could vote him tomorrow.

Cloacamazing is much more suspicious than any of these.

I still don't think it's Bucnasti or Green Wing, for the reasons I've talked about before. You're... probably town, though I'm admittedly less certain of that than I am of them since you don't really have the same sort of very genuine gently caress-up as you do. I suppose my order from most to least would be Cloaca, CJ, Cuntman, you, Green Wing, Bucnasti?

This isn't about me not thinking Cloaca is suspicious, though. This is about the fact that nobody's gotten to really talk yet. Even if we have our clear chief suspect, we should still give room for discussion, right?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Jadecore posted:

though I'm admittedly less certain of that than I am of them since you don't really have the same sort of very genuine gently caress-up as they do.

(Mafia edit, and for the record a lot of this is based from how unscripted the mason debate was and their behavioral patterns since.)

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

My cousin is in town so Iiii'm not going to be here for a bit, just letting y'all know.

Cloacamazing! posted:

At this point the only chance I have is if a detective role investigated me.

This does make me wonder: I know a little about the tactics in more fast paced regular mafia/werewolf stuff, but how would a cop/detective even determine when a good time to claim and give their report log is? With so much time to chew over and typing up in text rather than saying it aloud it feels like it'd have a much different flavor to it. Do they just try and nudge people along without ever declaring, do they go out in a blaze of glory, or do they get, like, left alive and unbelieved?

I know that's not actually that helpful, but I'm trying to post more and also gotta bounce.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Well poo poo. I checked the thread after hanging out with my cousin yesterday, and, like... five votes to eliminate cast when only four where needed. And then the best read just... was ordinary town. And now the most pumped up poster is gone. (Though I hope she's doing fine wherever she's gone off to.)

I'm... really not sure what to make of CJ's claim? For one thing, like, even if saying it "was a fuckup", that jump in was the fifth vote when four were needed. An incredibly last minute hurling on to the majority. For another, their early game was a lot of "step into the killer's shoes" stuff that didn't really help any of us. And also, for the last two people left alive... I know I'm town, and I think Bucnasti probably is actually the remaining mason. So if CJ is actually telling the truth here, then everyone's reading town and thus someone's the godfather, which means the report doesn't... tell us anything. Right?

But NeverHelm seems to think someone else is the cop, but nobody's counterclaiming. So... I don't know.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Bucnasti posted:

Does the cop investigation only give someones alignment and not their role?

I think that's generally how it works, right? Getting a full look at someone's role card would be kinda game breaking.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

NeverHelm posted:

Well... Caffeinated Jerkoff did vote both Lupus and Plastic so... I guess that's a point in their favor.

That's... true. I think most of us did?

I'll be honest CJ was next on my line of suspicion before this and now I don't know what to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

NeverHelm posted:

I see. That makes sense.

Well the person I expected to counterclaim, hasn't. So I guess I'm going to have to assume I was wrong, and CJ is the real Cop then.

If you're talking about me because I wanted more discussion time, sorry. I'm not a cop.