Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Team Name: Akron Peppercorns

1. Propose we remove defenses (No)
2. Propose we remove kickers (No)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (Yes)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes)

Victory Cry (optional): Chaos reigns, my team doesn't~

I'll text W. E. about this tomorrow and see if he's back in/what his votes are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

pmchem posted:

just confirming my wait list status, if pecota's friend or whoever else doesn't return

I haven't heard anything from him so far, so I think you've got a good chance there.

Thanks!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Glad for the reminder that I drafted Julio Jones with Cooper Kupp still on the board last season

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

lol that in a 20 team league neither Seahawks QB was drafted

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

What the gently caress, I lost like a 4 point lead to tie after stat corrections?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

If ESPN doesn’t know how to score punters then I’d definitely vote to revert next season, losing a win on a Wednesday sucks rear end

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I get the frustration, but I’m wary of changing any settings during the season that will have an effect on people’s scores and records, just to be fair to everyone. After the season, we can modify as necessary.

Totally agreed, in-season rule changes are no good.

(In a fantasy NBA league I was in last year for some reason there was a limit on rostered centers that I don't think anyone noticed until after the draft, we stuck with that until the end)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

pmchem posted:

akron, sent you a trade offer. I'm open to some negotiation but won't be keeping this open over the course of the entire day

I'm not really interested in that guy but it was a fair offer, thanks!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

This is probably going to be my highest scoring week in 14 seasons, I'm at 142.7 with Justin Jefferson left to go

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Honestly I feel like 7 claims for Jimmy G this week is on the lower side of what I'd expect

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Third in points scored by almost 30 points, one win. Hell yeag

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Now my starting QB has had a serious injury for three consecutive weeks (Mac Jones, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater).

I'm very interested in trading for Tom Brady...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

As someone who lives in Chicago, playing against the top scoring d/st the week they're playing the Bears feels like a death sentence.

Cool stat: in the last 4 weeks I've started 4 different QBs who have averaged a little under 5.2 points per game. If Taysom Hill was still QB-eligible, he'd have been my best available option for three weeks running.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Oops, I obviously should have gone with the "start two Saints tight ends" strategy.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Now that I finally have a healthy QB, my RB1 joins my RB2 on the shelf with ligament injury

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

In the market for someone who can play in a RB slot, I'm fresh out

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

EconDad posted:

I have some of these. We could also trade, possibly.

So far my only offer is Justin Jefferson straight up for a guy who's rostered in under 70% of leagues, so I'd be interested

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Sounds like it’s time to make this an :siren: OFFICIAL PROPOSAL:siren: for season 15.

Trades will need (2 days/8 veto votes, 1 day/8 veto votes, instant/no veto votes) to process.

We’ll see how it plays out.

1 day/8 veto votes sounds good to me, I can see some silly stuff happening with instant

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

There have been multiple weeks where Taysom Hill would be my best option at RB, TE, and QB and somehow I have an 80% projected chance to make the playoffs

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Good job to the ESPN guy who adjusts punter scoring, this week they took 5 points from my guy on Sunday instead of on Tuesday

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Back of the napkin math, three of y’all from Namath at 8-3 and above are most likely making the playoffs. Everything else is still too close to call.

I think I'm in the playoffs unless both Inward Topwise/Naptown Sleepers win out and I lose out

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I've rostered all three Carolina starters this season

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

It’s wild that the two RBs I’ve felt best about on my roster since week 1 are both on the Jets. Save me, Zonovan!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Correction: Peppercorns have clinched a playoff spot (not the division, however).

With the head to head tiebreaker against Rated R Superstars, if I’m not mistaken I can clinch the division with a tie this week.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Congrats in advance to whoever plays me in the first round if Tua's out for more than a week

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

This'll be my 8th time in the playoffs, I'm going to pretend the gambler's fallacy doesn't exist and I'm due

Really hope I'm not making a version of this post in the season 20 thread~

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

That has to be the furthest a tiebreaker's ever gone in this league, holy poo poo

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

lol that my good luck was exactly the tie, if I score a tenth of a point less that week I have a true 9 win team with exactly 9 wins.

Peppercorns/Superstars is a pretty cool first round matchup because we've been in the same drat division for 14 years.

Looking through league history, all-time the series is at 20-11 Akron:

S1: 2-0 Peppercorns
S2: 3-0 Peppercorns (Round 1 consolation)
S3: 2-0 Peppercorns
S4: 1-1 split
S5: 1-1 split
S6: 2-0 Superstars
S7: 2-1 Peppercorns (Round 1 playoffs)
S8: 2-0 Peppercorns
S9: 3-0 Superstars (Round 3 consolation)
S10: 2-0 Superstars
S11: 2-0 Peppercorns
S12: 1-1 split
S13: 2-0 Peppercorns
S14: 2-0 Peppercorns (Round 1 playoffs TBD)

There have been more head to head games between us than all-time Cowboys/49ers games (30) and the first time the teams matched up, Jake Delhomme, Clinton Portis, and Roy Williams were involved.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

lol that Geno Smith/Tom Brady is a QB matchup for one of the playoff games

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I have the #4 punter on the other side of the bracket!

I’m also flying home to Kansas City today irl where I’ll be awaiting execution via the Mahomes/Kelce stack

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I added Trace McSorley to replace Baker Mayfield as my backup QB since he's already spiritually on my team playing the Tampa Bay D/ST this week. This is a legit nailbiter going into today!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

lol never mind Tua had one good drive to start the day and then ate absolute rear end the rest of the way, that felt just like the Dolphins/49ers game. See you all next year!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Congrats to the co-champions!

Silly Burrito posted:

My thought is that we have a rule that says if a game is unexpectedly cancelled and is NOT replayed, the final fantasy scores stand as is. It obviously sucks for those who have players in those games, but barring some sort of substitution rule (for example, your highest bench player that qualifies for the position gets the points), it's probably the fairest way to go. But obviously, I'd love to hear what you all think.

Alternate suggestion: players who were in the cancelled game are assigned their projected points for the week.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

EconDad posted:

I like stuff like this. Using the concept of the p-value and … parametric statistics.

The way this fantasy year ended should cause a mass exodus of fantasy players. But, we all know it won’t. I sure won’t be gone. I’m a sucker.

Congrats to the winners. Namath UP!!!!!

I was ready to quit fantasy football (outside of this league) because of the money league I was in with the attached team, but the commissioner went with a split in my team's favor from the projections rather than the final points

CeeDee Lamb is my loving hero, him going off last week helped squeak out a win against the #1 seed

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm in for next season and I'm flipping my vote from pro-punter to anti-punter entirely because of residual bitterness from that win I lost because there was a 4.5 point correction on like Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm pro-negative D/ST points