Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyone who wasn't there should ask Econdad about it, repeatedly if necessary.

Kamara, Kamara, I’ll love ya, Kamara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Kamara, Kamara, I’ll love ya, Kamara

God the rest of my team was so mediocre that game. Kamara put up about half its point total.

It was only like a 5-point win.

lol.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyone who wasn't there should ask Econdad about it, repeatedly if necessary.

I wasn’t there.

Because I was dead.

What started as death by Kamara, soon become the “Ahmed - GusBus conundrum”. I lost because I threw in Ahmed for Edwards. I had started Edwards the week before.

I’m sure it could never happen again. It’s not like I have Edwards on my team again… and you have, oh… let’s just say… Aaron Jones.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Well, the season is over for me. Had a good run but losing so many players to IR makes it really hard to do anything. I should have won this week but got a big old 0 from the random TE I got off waivers to replace a guy on IR. At least I got to live the Geno dream a bit :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

Montana: Congratulations to the Shelbyville Sharks on clinching the division!

Namath: Congratulations to Electric Blue for clinching the division! M. Night Shanahan and Baller Status clinch a playoff spot with a win (and play each other in week 14!)

Romo: Peppercorns clinch with a win.

Marino:

Two games left before the playoffs!

Correction: Peppercorns have clinched a playoff spot (not the division, however).

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Hungry and driven (to lose in the first round)

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Thom and the Heads posted:

Hungry and driven (to lose in the first round)

Not if I get there first.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

It’s wild that the two RBs I’ve felt best about on my roster since week 1 are both on the Jets. Save me, Zonovan!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Correction: Peppercorns have clinched a playoff spot (not the division, however).

With the head to head tiebreaker against Rated R Superstars, if I’m not mistaken I can clinch the division with a tie this week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

With Stafford on IR, I'm up to:
1st rounder (Javonte): on IR
2nd rounder (Keenan Allen): has scored points in only 3 games due to injury
3rd rounder (Marquise Brown): missed 6 games due to injury
4th rounder (Stafford): has been poo poo, now on IR
5th rounder (Dameon Pierce): decent but on a terrible team
6th rounder (Bobby Trees): bad, has not contributed
7th rounder (DJ Chark): lol, lmao
8th rounder (Packers D): lol, lmao
9th and 10th: Hurst and Jamaal - wow I picked good players!

If I make the playoffs it'll be a miracle.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Congrats in advance to whoever plays me in the first round if Tua's out for more than a week

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
me and Baller Status are getting ready for the ROYAL RUMBLE -- round 3 (playoff edition).

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

good luck you all in the playoffs! I missed on basically every pick after round 4 and will not be joining you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pictured: The Dan Marino division:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
AFC:

Marino: Here there be dragons

Namath:
Electric Blue - Division Winner!
M. Night Shanahan - Playoff bound!
Baller Status- Playoff bound!

NFC:

Montana:
Shelbyville Sharks - Division Winner!

Romo:
Akron Peppercorns - Playoff bound!

Still some wiggle room left due to the tie, and there are two games that almost basically decide the rest of the playoffs. Whoever wins Marino will be the last AFC representative.

Get your popcorn ready!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Pictured: The Dan Marino division:

I love this division.

If Lock Picks wins, he's the guy.

If Tinseltown Terrors wins however, the both of us will be tied at 7-7 and I wanna say there's some tiebreaker trickery in this league? Iirc most ESPN leagues go only by PF and I've got that locked down. Lock Picks also has the better divisional record unless they lose this week.

I hope to last long enough to knock EconDad out of the playoffs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

I love this division.

If Tinseltown Terrors wins however, the both of us will be tied at 7-7 and I wanna say there's some tiebreaker trickery in this league? Iirc most ESPN leagues go only by PF and I've got that locked down. Lock Picks also has the better divisional record unless they lose this week.

I must say that I am extremely disappointed that I am not making the playoff picture more complicated. I was at 1% chance for the playoffs for a few weeks as I won a few games and jumped up to 3% chance and I guess I cant make it even if I win and both Tinseltown and Lock Picks lose, because I'm showing a 0% now (I'm ArchimeDEEZ NUTS) (maybe its because my PF is below those two and is unlikely to catch them?).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I must say that I am extremely disappointed that I am not making the playoff picture more complicated. I was at 1% chance for the playoffs for a few weeks as I won a few games and jumped up to 3% chance and I guess I cant make it even if I win and both Tinseltown and Lock Picks lose, because I'm showing a 0% now (I'm ArchimeDEEZ NUTS) (maybe its because my PF is below those two and is unlikely to catch them?).

We don’t use ESPN’s chances, we go strictly by the NFL rules. You can disregard anything ESPN puts up regarding playoffs. I’ll post in the thread the final matchups next week using the rules below.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Coin toss

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

We don’t use ESPN’s chances, we go strictly by the NFL rules. You can disregard anything ESPN puts up regarding playoffs. I’ll post in the thread the final matchups next week using the rules below.

Oh cool, thank you for clarifying! So you're saying theres a chance...

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see my schedule listed out? As in... a table where each row is a week?
edit: I just looked through the League => Schedule and found my matchup with Lock Picks, which I lost, so yeah I'm probably out. Rats.
edit2: heh, I have the fewest Points Against so I dont really deserve to be in the playoffs even if I make it to .500

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 6, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Oh cool, thank you for clarifying! So you're saying theres a chance...

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see my schedule listed out? As in... a table where each row is a week?
edit: I just looked through the League => Schedule and found my matchup with Lock Picks, which I lost, so yeah I'm probably out. Rats.

You should play everyone in your division twice, and it looks like you two are 1-1. It just depends if two of you are tied or three of you, and that’s when we get in the weeds. But if Lock Picks wins this week, they have the best record automatically and get in.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

chrix posted:

so you're saying there's a chance...

Rattled off 6 wins in the last 7 weeks and it looks like I still might need some luck to get in.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

To Break A Tie Within A Division

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Coin toss

Just checked, if I win then

Record is a tie
Head to head is a tie
W/L percentage in division will be a tie at 5-3
W/L/T in common games is tied at 1-2
:siren:Conference record!:siren: Tinseltown Terrors has the edge at 2-2 vs Lock Picks' 1-3.

So yeah, whoever wins this matchup is in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Record is a tie
Head to head is a tie
:siren:Conference record!:siren: Tinseltown Terrors has the edge at 2-2 vs Lock Picks' 1-3.

Is that also assuming three teams at 7-7? That’s where it gets messy (I didn’t do the math yet.)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: ^ I dont envy the work you have to put in thanks to the clownshow in the Dan Marino division

Quiet Feet posted:

Record is a tie
Head to head is a tie

If I (ArchimeDEEZ NUTS) win I will also be at 7-7. You (Tinseltown Terrors) and I split our two matchups. I am also 5-3 in-division so that comes down to common games, which I cant look at right now because I should be working.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Is that also assuming three teams at 7-7? That’s where it gets messy (I didn’t do the math yet.)

Got caught in in the head-to-head matchup since I'm part of that. Can check if I have a moment later.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 7, 2022

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I love this division.

Ask and ye shall perhaps receive!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Got caught in in the head-to-head matchup since I'm part of that. Can check if Ihave a moment later.

Whoever gets in, gets Pain of Mind in first round. Have fun!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If I beat the Sharks am I even in contention?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ASAPRockySituation posted:

If I beat the Sharks am I even in contention?

Unfortunately, I don’t believe so. The best you can get is 7-7, and there are four teams ahead of you that would have better records even if they lost as well. Sorry, better luck next year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My brain is tired but I think in the event of a 3-way, 7-7 tie, that means Lock Picks takes it.

In order for there to even be a tie, Tinseltown needs to take down Lock Picks and Archimedeez Nuts needs to win against Akron peppercorns. This also leads to a scenario where the head-to-head record for every team in the tie is 1-1. This ALSO also leads to a 3-way, 5-3 divisional record tie. From there, record in common games is easy with it being among three teams instead if just two, as outside of the division, all three teams only played two common opponents: Electric Blue and M. Night Shanahan. Lock Picks is the only one with a win against either of these squads, so he gets it.

So if I did this right, Lock Picks wins and he's in.
A win by Tinseltown and win by Archimedeez puts Lock Picks in.
Win by Tinseltown and loss by Archimedeez and Tinseltown takes it.

This post is not legally binding and should not be mistaken for an official ruling by a league, uh, official.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

My brain is tired but I think in the event of a 3-way, 7-7 tie, that means Lock Picks takes it.

In order for there to even be a tie, Tinseltown needs to take down Lock Picks and Archimedeez Nuts needs to win against Akron peppercorns. This also leads to a scenario where the head-to-head record for every team in the tie is 1-1. This ALSO also leads to a 3-way, 5-3 divisional record tie. From there, record in common games is easy with it being among three teams instead if just two, as outside of the division, all three teams only played two common opponents: Electric Blue and M. Night Shanahan. Lock Picks is the only one with a win against either of these squads, so he gets it.

So if I did this right, Lock Picks wins and he's in.
A win by Tinseltown and win by Archimedeez puts Lock Picks in.
Win by Tinseltown and loss by Archimedeez and Tinseltown takes it.

This post is not legally binding and should not be mistaken for an official ruling by a league, uh, official.

This scenario seems just unlikely enough for you, such that you’re guaranteed to take the championship now.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In hindsight I think losing 7 games in a row was what really hurt my playoff chances

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I am shocked I got that waiver claim, guess I dont have to play a must win game without a QB

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

darkwolf220 posted:

I am shocked I got that waiver claim, guess I dont have to play a must win game without a QB

I thought about boxing you out -- but... I might need that waiver later, for when I lose in the first round of the playoffs to Baller Status.

Somehow our matchup appears "meaningless" to my outcomes in the playoffs. Not what I expected looking at the schedule earlier in the year. If it had meaning to my position in playoffs (or getting into it at all), the box out would have occurred -- at the detriment of my waiver spot.

Either way I still get to lose to Baller Status next week.

Edit: I also considered doing it because I would start Watson. But my superstitious self says he would be a hex on my team and then I'd lose by even more to Baller Status in round one.

EconDad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 9, 2022

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

EconDad posted:

I thought about boxing you out -- but... I might need that waiver later, for when I lose in the first round of the playoffs to Baller Status.

Somehow our matchup appears "meaningless" to my outcomes in the playoffs. Not what I expected looking at the schedule earlier in the year. If it had meaning to my position in playoffs (or getting into it at all), the box out would have occurred -- at the detriment of my waiver spot.

Edit: I also considered doing it because I would start Watson. But my superstitious self says he would be a hex on my team and then I'd lose by even more to Baller Status in round one.

I kinda expected you to make the claim, but with nothing on the line, I think it is right to not anger the (fantasy) football gods. Good luck this week, lets see if that tie from the beginning of the season matters.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

darkwolf220 posted:

I kinda expected you to make the claim, but with nothing on the line, I think it is right to not anger the (fantasy) football gods. Good luck this week, lets see if that tie from the beginning of the season matters.

Your team honestly looks like it could tear up the playoffs and win this thing.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Goddamn, me and Lock Picks in the Game of the Week here. Marino finishing the season with a bang.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Goddamn, me and Lock Picks in the Game of the Week here. Marino finishing the season with a bang.

Serendipitous quiet feet championship run incoming. Can you feel it? It’s a semi-annual event.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

EconDad posted:

Ha, I have way too many injuries to win a playoff game. Without Ertz and Kupp, the season was lost. GG :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

This'll be my 8th time in the playoffs, I'm going to pretend the gambler's fallacy doesn't exist and I'm due

Really hope I'm not making a version of this post in the season 20 thread~