Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, we're looking for one more player as two of our waitlist have declined to play this year. I'll post in the fantasy football thread, but if someone is reading this and wants to join, come on in!

Silly Burrito posted:

We're looking for one more player in the 20 team league. We have 19 out of 20 players now, we just need one more. If you're interested, just let me know!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4005436&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Screw it, I'll take the last slot if you'll have me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Team name: ArchimeDEEZ NUTS

1. Propose we remove defenses (Yes)
2. Propose we remove kickers (Yes)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (None)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (No) (I dont know what the current format is but uh, if defenses stay I'll take whatever it is and hope "Stuffs" arent included)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes)

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 16, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If defenses are staying I'd love for them to simply drop the negative points nonsense from opponent yardage and keep them the same otherwise. But I'm new so if I decide to stick around for a second season next year I'll officially add that as a proposal.

As for Punters, I like the idea of inside the 10 and fair catches counting for scoring so I'd lean the original proposal.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

As a possible variation, we could just add fair catches as 1 point to Pmchem's scoring and have both.
That sounds good to me. I'm not too particular about Punter scoring so I'm happy with whatever really.

Pain of Mind posted:

The defenses already score a massive amount of points in this league between return yards and passes defended.
I'm just not a huge fan of DST starting with points and going up and down over the course of the game much more than any other type of player. It's less about max points and more about the scoring being a Rollercoaster. It's not a big deal to me, just my preference.

edit oh and losing points for allowing yards or points gets screwy if the DST has bad luck with their offense coughing up turnovers or something.

Edit2: though I guess if there is more DST scoring the yoyo effect will be less obvious. I need to stop posting and go to bed

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EconDad posted:

Defenses cant go negative here. It’s not very worrisome in that way… but can lose you a game if an opposing team’s DST does a lot of dink and dunk scoring — even if they give up tons of actual points in a game.
Interesting, thank you for the heads up! I'm going to ride it out and cant wait to see how it plays out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

darkwolf220 posted:

These are a lot of the arguments I made back when we increased defense scoring to begin with. Too many times for my taste the right answer to 'Which defense should I play?' was none. People just didn't want to risk losing points. Or you had two complete teams play each other and the defenses looked inept because it was a shootout. There are very few situations where you should get punished for starting a player, but with defenses it felt like that punishment happened 3 or 4 games a season.
I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm going to wait till after I've played a year in the league before I make a serious proposal to make a change but its nice to know some thought has already gone into it.

Pain of Mind posted:

Outside of literally the top few players at a position and QBs, even bad defenses will outscore the majority of the first and second round picks.
As someone new to the league and playing in a 20 team format (I told some of my friends and they think I'm nuts) this is all great to know, so thank you for posting it.

Silly Burrito posted:

<draft order>
Is there an old thread that has the draft history of prior drafts, or can you grant me access in ESPN to previous years draft results? I'm getting a "You do not have permission to view this page" when going to League => History (which shows me last years trophies) then clicking on the Draft Recap link. I ask because of the whole "being new to a 20 team format" thing and the, uh, complete lack of other 20 team leagues to look at as a reference point when preparing to draft.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't think ESPN allows you to view it if you weren't a part of the league before. But I may be able to find a way to print or get the last five drafts and post them in here if you give me a bit. Let me noodle with that. But feel free to make a proposal at any time for next year and I'll add it to the list. This league is for all of us, and I want to make sure we enjoy it as much as possible.

Remember I joked with you about Nick Mullens in a PM? That's happened quite a bit in this league. Not everyone gets a backup QB, so you either trade or pick up a second stringer in your bye week.
Even one year would be great to see (and I'm sure other newbies would want to see it too), so dont break your back for 5 years.

Silly Burrito posted:

And yeah, 20 team formats are nuts. But fun as hell.

wish I could win one sometime
Yeah the more I think about it the more my excitement grows. I cant wait for my excitement to turn to terror on draft night as things get wild.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.
You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I cant wait to screw up my first 20 team draft horribly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 28, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How long does the draft usually take?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Unfortunately I couldn't participate in chat during the draft because I had some stuff going on but I managed to only auto-pick twice, which is nice.

I can't wait for my team to blow up in my face. The great thing is that this was the first of the drafts I have over the next week so now the other two are going to feel like target rich environments because the other two are only 12 teamers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 29, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

RB: Sigh, so close to Double AJs. Instead have to settle for half of Will/Gor. I think people are underestimating the amount of work Gordon is going to get though.
I think Javonte and Gordon are both going to do great because Hackett is going to bring in an offense that runs a lot in an RB-friendly scheme. Javonte looked amazing last year and was underutilized and I dont think the new coaching staff will make that mistake.

I wont do as deep a dive but my team is predicated on Javonte not getting hurt and Stafford's elbow not falling off, otherwise I'm completely boned. Though I guess thats probably how it mainly works in a 20 team league... blind luck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 29, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah that Broncos offense should be really good this year. Glad to have a couple of pieces of it.

Man, imagine winning a championship because of blind luck. Like you barely back into the playoffs and then in the championship game, you just randomly have a player that drops a top-2 all-time game on your unsuspecting opponent. And on Christmas of all days. *tugs collar*
Re: Broncos: Agreed
Re: Bad luck: Yeah the past three years in one of the random redraft leagues I've been in I've either been in the championship and lost due to something wild or missed getting into the championship by less than 5 points then scored enough the following week that I would have won the ship had I been in it. Probably not as painful as losing the championship in a 20 team league, though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm totally going to be sad about how my team performs after just one week, no doubt.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Perhaps the Buffalo punter wasnt the best idea...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wooo! I got my first 20 team win! I am pleased it didnt take more than 2 weeks!

poo poo, I would have lost to every other winner and five people that lost. I guess its better to be lucky than good!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Look at this happy crappy, my #1 scorer is Mark Andrews. My #2 scorer? You guessed it, Mitch Wishnowsky.

and your kicker is third! What a world. Dortch is fourth, where did he even come from

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

Edit: looking at me and ArchimedeeZ and thinking this has gotta be the highest scoring game this week and then I scrolled to Electric Blue and Placeholder Name. :stare:
Hah yeah I was feeling really good about my week then I saw that and did a :stonklol:

If you beat me I'll be 0-6 this week, and I'm 99% sure Stafford is not going to put up 20 against the 9er's D.

Its pretty neat that the two guys with amazingly high scores went up against each other, I feel like thats pretty rare. I'll feel bad for Electric Blue if he loses because his kicker gets hurt shanking a kick, and I'll feel bad for whoever loses after scoring so many points.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If you beat me I'll be 0-6 this week, and I'm 99% sure Stafford is not going to put up 20 against the 9er's D.
heh

Looks like I'm starting Davis Mills next week!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Power of Pecota posted:

Now my starting QB has had a serious injury for three consecutive weeks (Mac Jones, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater).

I'm very interested in trading for Tom Brady...
Please make this happen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Ha ha you fools, you let me fall to 1-5 so that now I can complete a glorious comeback for the ages.

:smith:
Yup thats definitely what I, also at 1-5, am going to do. BE WARNED!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Anyone have a backup qb on the market? I have a Devonta Smith for sale
I was about to offer you your choice of Stafford or Mills, but Stafford is on a bye so RIP me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lol my Punter went from 4.5 points to -0.2? How does a Punter get negative points?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thom and the Heads posted:

Need a rental QB for the week - send me offers.
Which team is yours?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thom and the Heads posted:

Shelbyville Sharks
I could send you Davis Mills but I'm not sure which player I would want in return.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

Check it. Almost enough to field and entire team solely in the London game.

:barf:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Well that sucks, apparently ESPN did the classic "didnt save my changes" to move Jamaal Williams into my lineup.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have a trade offer from Electric Blue that EPSN will not let me decline (I've been trying to decline for a few days but clicking the Decline button does nothing).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 8, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ll see if I can do something on my end.
Cool. Not a big deal but I wanted to put something out there in case they are reading this thread.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Hmm, I can see completed trades (like the one that just went through), but I don't see offers (or I'm missing where it is in the LM Tools). Two quick things to try if you haven't, try another browser completely and/or make sure your ad/popup blocker is off just in case. Sounds like it may just be an ESPN glitch too.
Eh I'm just going to let it sit there. I'm still new and dont know if Electric Blue reads this thread but not accepting is effectively the same as declining. My team is out of it for the year because I didnt draft well and the decent guys that I did draft got hurt so I guess what I'm saying is I'm still going to manage my team and try to win games but I dont have the effort to mess with ESPN's cruddy system in another browser or fiddle with my browser settings that work for every other website I use :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am pleased that I got the win despite having the foresight to pick up Wolford but didnt remember to put him in.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Just looking at the standings for future playoff calculations, and drat, I didn't know the Dan Marino division had turned into the NFC South.
Christian Watson's back is going to be sore carrying me back into contention.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

I might have been able to grab him if I didn't need a QB this week!
I was surprised I got him, but I was pretty high on the WW and I'm too lazy to look it up :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I like how I won my game and now ESPN changed my projection from being 15th at the end of the year to 18th :allears: I'm runnin' the table and making the playoffs, bitch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am starting Sam Darnold because Stafford is out again, his backup Wolford is is not getting the start, Wolford's backup Bryce Perkins is already claimed, and no one else is available on the WW. Kiiiiill meeeeee....

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Worthleast posted:

Quick grab Nathan Peterman. It’s your best chance.
I'll take Sam Darnold and like it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

If projections for this week hold, and if Lock Picks and I both finish next week with the same record, then our week 14 matchup will be for control of Dan Marino division! Fun!

If we both lose next week then Marino's division winner will have a .500 record. :laugh:
Are we the NFC South? I need you guys to lose out so I can get into the playoffs with my current 1% chance.

pmchem posted:

As it turns out you could've beat me without a QB as all my guys decided to poo poo the bed this week. Except the Sun God. Etienne's early injury was no fun.

Don't think I'm making the playoffs, folks. Maybe next year.
You never know. I'm going to run the table and go from last in the division to winning it all.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Montana: Congratulations to the Shelbyville Sharks on clinching the division!

Namath: Congratulations to Electric Blue for clinching the division! M. Night Shanahan and Baller Status clinch a playoff spot with a win (and play each other in week 14!)

Romo: Peppercorns clinch with a win.

Marino:

Two games left before the playoffs!
hahah I'm dying.

I cant believe I'm going to win the division at 7-7. I dont even know if its possible for me to win it but its a fun gimmick

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

With Stafford on IR, I'm up to:
1st rounder (Javonte): on IR
2nd rounder (Keenan Allen): has scored points in only 3 games due to injury
3rd rounder (Marquise Brown): missed 6 games due to injury
4th rounder (Stafford): has been poo poo, now on IR
5th rounder (Dameon Pierce): decent but on a terrible team
6th rounder (Bobby Trees): bad, has not contributed
7th rounder (DJ Chark): lol, lmao
8th rounder (Packers D): lol, lmao
9th and 10th: Hurst and Jamaal - wow I picked good players!

If I make the playoffs it'll be a miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pictured: The Dan Marino division: