Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

a lot of the original ancillary cast has been absent from the new seasons. stewart has only been in one episode (as an adult no less), no todd, no daria, no principal mcvicker (think he was in Do The Universe tho?) and i think the burger world manager is a different guy now. my guess is its a conscious effort to keep the reprised cast to a minimum so to keep the show fresh.

really hope we see todd though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The first time I ever saw part of Beavis and Butthead was when I was like, 5, and Coach Buzzcut was involved and scared me so bad I didn't watch it again until I was in my 20s.

:owned:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the biggest wasted opportunity was not showing mcvickers reaction to them coming back after being lost in space

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It would be wild if Daria showed up again. That was a strange tangent with the property that I never really understood

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

a lot of the original ancillary cast has been absent from the new seasons. stewart has only been in one episode (as an adult no less), no todd, no daria, no principal mcvicker (think he was in Do The Universe tho?) and i think the burger world manager is a different guy now. my guess is its a conscious effort to keep the reprised cast to a minimum so to keep the show fresh.

I noticed Todd missing too, but he belongs in the 90s.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

It would be wild if Daria showed up again. That was a strange tangent with the property that I never really understood

They were never really connected once Daria was spun off. She moved to a different town in the first episode or something.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

They mention Highland in the pilot of Daria and I think that's literally the only connection between the two series once it begins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Data Graham posted:

Daria ruled, it was a great show. They should bring her back but use her animation from that instead of the B&BH type

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh yeah, I like how we were just talking about how Old Butt-head's rascal scooter apparently had disappeared after the first season, but then here it shows up again front and center and Beavis tries to get a turn on it :lol:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Data Graham posted:

mtv was going to introduce beavis and butt-head into daria as a rating stunt if the show didnt get good ratings

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
daria being off limits makes a certain amount of sense when you remember that her show is the complete opposite of beavis and butt-head and has continuity and character development and ends with daria graduating from high school and enrolling into college

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mtv was going to introduce beavis and butt-head into daria as a rating stunt if the show didnt get good ratings
i like daria well enough for what it is, but man this wouldve ruled

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Butt-head being lucid enough to freestyle a whole Fiat commercial, only to trash it at the end, was some high-wire material and I loved it

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

All of the old supporting cast make cameos in the new movie in one way or another, but yeah only Van Driesson and Mr. Anderson really made the jump to the new seasons. I'd guess Todd is in prison. McVicker retired, Daria an adult and would likely never want to go anywhere near Highland. Burger World Manager was never important enough to even get a name, so who cares where he went. Buzzcut though, seems like he should still be around.

Also Van Driesson doesn't seem to question the fact that two of his students that he knows disappeared 25 years ago are back and yet haven't aged a day. Multiverse shenanagins don't really explain that but it's not the kind of show to care about stuff like that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mylan posted:

All of the old supporting cast make cameos in the new movie in one way or another, but yeah only Van Driesson and Mr. Anderson really made the jump to the new seasons. I'd guess Todd is in prison. McVicker retired, Daria an adult and would likely never want to go anywhere near Highland. Burger World Manager was never important enough to even get a name, so who cares where he went. Buzzcut though, seems like he should still be around.

Also Van Driesson doesn't seem to question the fact that two of his students that he knows disappeared 25 years ago are back and yet haven't aged a day. Multiverse shenanagins don't really explain that but it's not the kind of show to care about stuff like that.

I mean he would know they went into space and he's the type to believe in time portal nonsense.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

I know, right? He's the coolest guy alive

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Medullah posted:

Daria ruled, it was a great show. They should bring her back but use her animation from that instead of the B&BH type

I love Beavis and Butthead but Daria was way, way better than I ever imagined it would be. I love it with all of my heart and regularly wear (and get comments on) my Sick Sad World shirt. My daughter's name is Quinn.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

love it when they make fun of disphit youtubers

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CornHolio posted:

I love Beavis and Butthead but Daria was way, way better than I ever imagined it would be. I love it with all of my heart and regularly wear (and get comments on) my Sick Sad World shirt. My daughter's name is Quinn.
:love:

Also :3:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

tristeham posted:

love it when they make fun of disphit youtubers

If someone ever asks me "What do people mean when they say 'Theater kid energy'?", I'm going to show them the Chia Pet car clip...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was a plan for a Daria reboot....with Jane replaced as Daria's best friend by Jodie. I believe it got spiked before it got off the ground.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There was a plan for a Daria reboot....with Jane replaced as Daria's best friend by Jodie. I believe it got spiked before it got off the ground.

Latest news was Jodie being a film instead of a series. Who knows where it's at though in production though, I'm sure it will likely just drop on Paramount+ at some point.

King of the Hill is also coming back, although on Hulu. But with next week being the last of season 2 of B&B, I really hope Paramount+ orders more episodes and quick.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i remember they announced other movies and specials when they brought the show back... wonder if they are still doing that

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's a decent chance, since animation isn't part of the writer's strike. Though if any of the performers are SAG, that's gonna' stop animated shows too, if the approved authorization for them to strike becomes same.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LividLiquid posted:

There's a decent chance, since animation isn't part of the writer's strike.

Some animation is. Bob's Burgers, Big Mouth, Family Guy, Rick & Morty, Solar Opposites and The Simpsons are all WGA shops and so they're dark.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That episode was amazing, multiple laugh out out loud moments.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But with next week being the last of season 2 of B&B

I'm seeing episodes scheduled through June 29th

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Timby posted:

Some animation is. Bob's Burgers, Big Mouth, Family Guy, Rick & Morty, Solar Opposites and The Simpsons are all WGA shops and so they're dark.
Oh, nice! I knew The Simpsons and Family Guy were. I thought R&M famously union busted, so I'm glad Harmon and Roiland either lost that fight or I heard wrong.

Stoked about Bob's Burgers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"It's dark...."

Also a funny callback in the ending with them putting a bowl of nachos out for the raccoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1jev6Nl1M

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

LividLiquid posted:

They mention Highland in the pilot of Daria and I think that's literally the only connection between the two series once it begins.

The first B&B reboot had a music video that led to them discussing how a kid at school once killed themself and Beavis was certain it was Daria, but Butt-head insisted she just moved away.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"I'm gonna go spank my monkey..."

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Breadallelogram posted:

I'm seeing episodes scheduled through June 29th

Oh, is that true? I thought this week was the last one for some reason

Butthead suuuucckkkkss

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Chill Acupuncture Beavis was a riot.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Small White Dragon posted:

Oh, is that true? I thought this week was the last one for some reason

Butthead suuuucckkkkss

I'm basing that off of the episode list they have here

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
great episode

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"I'm gonna go spank my monkey..."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol good episode

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good gravy, the BUTT-HEAD SUUUUUUUCKS video was incredible. Beavis owned him through the power of voice acting shop talk

I also lost it at "His wife is made of yarn..."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Haha Beavis actually having hoarder mentality was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
These people must get paid if their video appears on Beavis & Butthead, right? Pretty sure that would be the highlight of my youtube career regardless.