Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Haven't done any research for this year yet, but my league just finalized the membership for this season and set the draft date, so I figured I'd try a mock just to get a sense of who's going when.

8 Team league, standard PPR, 6th pick, snake draft results:
1. Derrick Henry
2. Deebo Samuel
3. James Conner
4. Cam Akers
5. Terry Mclaurin
6. Hollywood Brown
7. George Kittle
8. Gabe Davis
9. Kyler Murray
10. CEH
11. Kadarius Toney
12. Chase Claypool
13. Tony Pollard
14. Dallas Goedert
15. Colts DST
16. Matt Gay

How'd I do? It's crazy in an 8-team league how many decent flex players are left on the board at the end. Dudes in this mock draft did use picks on backup QB's, which I think will definitely happen in my league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

coronaball posted:

I think this is pretty terrible for an 8 teamer. Henry is getting up there in years and carries and the Titans will almost certainly be worse. Love Deebo, but he's being drafted at his ceiling. It would be shocking if Conner doesn't have TD regression. Akers is banged up already and in a timeshare. McLaurin was the WR36 last year and still has a poo poo QB.

It's not all bad; I am a Gabriel Davis believer and getting Murray that late is cool. And Pollard is good value that late. But you can do far better in a 8 teamer than this.

Really appreciate the feedback. My first couple picks definitely feel a little hosed by being 6th out of 8. Top RBs will be gone, so do I go WR-RB-RB? Could probably get Chase or Kupp, but somehow RBs feel even more important with 8 teams since there will be so many serviceable WRs in free agency.

Sataere posted:

Absolutely hate Akers at his current ADP and I think people are crazy for drafting him.

Right? I was really surprised to see him so high. I don't want anything to do with the Rams backfield tbh.

edit 2: Just did another mock draft, trying WR-RB-RB:

1. Ja’Marr Chase
2. Joe Mixon
3. Aaron Jones
4. Mike Evans
5. Diontae Johnson
6. Hollywood Brown
7. George Kittle
8. Josh Jacobs
9. Tom Brady
10. Rashod Bateman
11. Tony Pollard