Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

yuuuup

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683299&userid=58047&perpage=40&pagenumber=37
when someone complained this was his response. It was quoted by multiple people who realized "yeah, you're probably gonna remove this after you see the response to it"

And he apologized by promising to donate money.

There's something just really off about that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

The mod in question at the time was so politics poisoned they were like "yeah, not technically doxxing, plus the kid is a political actor so sort of fair game"

:whitewater: at the posts

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

bathroom designed by the cia to cause the maximum amount of psychic damage

They use pictures of that bathroom to give people havana syndrome

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Anyone remember the couch surfer that turned out to be a sex pest?

That would be c-spam superstar Taintrunner. The couch he was surfing on belonged to Sady Doyle, the insane twitter person who popularized the idea of the Bernie Bro, making TR basically patient zero for the entire idea

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

Gijoedirtbag wasn’t it? Not sure if he had the same username here but that was his Eve name.

He was the one who got banned along with his (attempted) target by Fragmaster after she came forward for "importing drama". lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How many of these loving guys are there??

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To save anyone else googling it: 3.97 billion

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

gratz on looking at a full length mirror for the first time

nice

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Is it safe for me to say Prometheus was the stupidest film I've ever watched?
How about Captain America: Civil War?

If Prometheus is the stupidest film you've ever watched then you need to watch more films

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

surprised this didn't get dinged by the mods

Why, what is "minor happening" a euphemism for

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

Mods don't know?

I'm not allowed in the mod forum!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hey just because my knees make a weird noise when I stand up,

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crime on a Dime posted:

just curious, is it sort of a creaking sound or do they pop

Been getting some absolutely brutal pops lately

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously why the gently caress has hedrigall not been banned yet. Who is reading his posts and going "yes I definitely want to hear more from this absolute freak"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

id rather see him featured in the obituaries

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dude who's into motorcylces: fine
Dude who's really really into motorcycles and devotes their whole existence to motorcycles: kinda weird but fine
Dude who wants to gently caress their motorcycle: cringe

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this one is funny because they were stupid enough to have backed doobie and their free hotdogs annihilated doobies profit margins for the day lmao

lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

You wish you were busily giving men blow jobs? C'mon, friend, put some effort in. Live your dream.

unlike him you loving suck dude

stop posting

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

was mjq jazz bar an intentional parody of angry bee dance because I seem to recall his stories were very similar if obviously not serious

Can't remember if he was parodying ABD specifically or just the absolute handful of epic gbs guys who all posted poo poo like that? Here's the collection anyway

quote:

I came home this afternoon after picking up my copy of gta and I smelled something funny from my neighbors house. I went over there and the door was unlocked so I went right in. Sure enough there was my neighbor and two of his friends smoking to their hearts content. I told them they had two options, one- they could put the joints out or two- I would put the joints out for them. My neighbor had run ins with me before so he knew I meant business so he threw his joint down and told me to leave. I said you made a wise choice but I'm still calling the cops and then I turned to leave. My neighbor then got up off the couch got behind me and said a few cuss words and told me to mind my business. Well that did it. I turned around, took off my shades, looked him straight in the eye and said "lets get high". I then front kicked him a good 8 feet in the air. Then his other friend came at me with the bong, I grabbed his arm, snapped it and then hit him in the stomach with the bong. His other friend ran into the kitchen so I went after him. He was in the corner crying so I said "this is your brain" and then I grabbed a frying pan and said "this is your brain on drugs" and then I hit him in the head as hard as I could with the frying pan. After that I called the cops and they came over and arrested my neighbor and his friends. As I was leaving the sarge shouted out to me thanks. I turned around, took off my shades, looked him straight in the eye and said " well you know sarge, perhaps if we build a freaking dunkin doughnuts on this street it would give you guys a excuse to ride up here once or twice a week and keep the crime down. I then threw my shades on the ground to let him know I meant business. I feel pretty good about what I did for my neighborhood today. ~mjq jazz bar

Me and one of my friends went out today for some dinner so we stopped at a pretty nice restaurant. I don't smoke and most of the time I sit in the non smoking section but I didn't feel like walking to the back of the restaurant today so me and my friend sat at the first table we came to in the smoking section. Since most ppl should be aware that I don't smoke I didn't think I would have any problems. I was wrong. This jerk lit up a cigarette right next to me. I couldn't belive this fat jerk was disrepecting me like this so I turned around and looked him right in the eye and said " you might want to put that out fag..........That is,if you value your health". The guy said a couple of cuss words and told me to go to the non smoking section. Well that did it. I got up went over to the table and said "excuse me fag but you didn't clean your plate", and then I took his plate and bashed him over the head with it. Then his friend that was with him got up and took a swing at me, I ducked it and then gave him a swift round kick to the ribs. I then hip tossed him on the table and then I turned around and looked one of the waiters right in the eye and said "this orders to go" and then I tossed the table with the guy on it a good 14 feet across the room. As me and my friend were storming out the manager apologized to us but I told him it was too late as I would never eat there again. ~mjq jazz bar

So, I was at work yesterday, and I happened to walk by this guy's desk. I noticed on his computer screen that he had his personal E-mails pulled up. I asked him who he thought he was to do this on company time, and then, he told me that his daughter was sick at home, so he was checking up on her. I then punched his cimputer screen out, and Look him straight in the eye and said, " Who do you think I am? Jerry Lewis? I dont want to hear your sob story, so get back to work before I get you fired." He then said a few cusswords, and then, then He tried to punch me, I blocked it, then , I gave him a swift, round kick to the groin. I asked him if he wanted some more, and he came at me, again, so, I slapped him, then I hip tossed him into the nearest filing cabinent. I looked Over my should at anther worker who was standing near by, and I said...." File him under G..... for garbage." Needless to say, I was quite pleased, because now, that means there one less person in the company for people to look at. All eyes should be on me. I'm a stud. ~ mjq jazz bar

Well, I walk in to buy some tissues, and at the counter, I hear the manager talking about some skateboard punks in the back by the garbage bins. The guy said he was about to have to call the cops. I told him there's no need to, I'll take care of it myself. So, I walked to the back of the store, and lo and behold, a couple of good for nothings were tearing the place up. A couple of them asked me what I was doing here, so I took of my shades, looked them straight in eye, and said, " Well boys, I'm here to take out the trash, then I grabed one of their skateboards, and broke it over my knee. Then, one of them threw a punch at me. I caught it, and looked thr punk straight in the eye, and said " I'm afraid theres no need for you to be recycled, then I threw him straight over my head into one of the garbage dumpsters. Then, the rest of the kids ran away in fear. I was glad I could help my community, and look good doing it. ~mjq jazz bar

Around the corner from my weight training job they have a cafe where they make pretty good cheeseburgers. Usually I get mine with mushrooms and onions. Well today I went in there and there was this stoner bitch in there with enormous dreadlocks and a nose ring which is a violation of the safety code. I said 'Where is the regular chef' and she said 'I don't know' very rudely to me and that's when I noticed she had not sauteed up any onions for my burger. I said "you need to learn some customer service" and then she said some cuss words to me and told me maybe I should go to Burger King. But I like to support local businesses so I looked her straight in the eye and said "the customer is always right" and grabbed her by the dreads and slammed her face onto the skillet. She screamed and then the manager came running at me with a chopping knife so I looked him straight in the eye and said "chop this" and karate chopped his wrist and broke it immediately. I picked the girl up off of the floor and said "you are what you eat" and poured the boiling grease off of the fryer into her mouth. I was glad that I could set an example of what a good citizen should do in this situation, and everyone in the cafe applauded me. ~mjq jazz bar

Me and my friend went to fill up my corvette last night and there were these two punks there sitting on the sidewalk of the gas station with their radio blasting. I was trying to think as I pumped gas but their radio made that hard to do. I was not pleased. So I went in and payed for the gas and then I went up to the two punks outside. I said excuse me but I think you need to turn your radio down. They told me to chill, they were just hanging out and having a few smokes. I then looked them in the eye and said " I'm afraid this is the no smoking section boys" and then I kicked their radio up against the side of the gas station. Then one of them stood up and took a swing at me, I ducked it and then gave him a round kick to the stomach. Then the other one took what was left of the radio and threw it at me, I blocked it with my left hand which caused it to go sailing back and knock him out. Then a middle aged man which looked to be in his 50's came up and asked what was going on. I wasn't sure if he was with me or against me so I assumed he was against me, I then gave him a swift front kick to the groin and hip tossed him on top of the other guys there. I then walked back to my car where my friend just stood there in awe, I asked him why he didn't help me and he said it looked like I had things under control. I slapped him and pushed him to the ground and told him to walk home. I then got in my corvette turned up the radio to full blast and much to my suprise welcome to the jungle was playing. I then sped off with that song playing full blast. I felt pretty good about standing up for my rights and I looked good doing it. ~mjq jazz bar

It was a nice day today so I went for a walk out side. As I was walking, I heard somebody crying out in pain so I went to investigate, when I turned the corner I saw a kid that had fallen off his bike and he was grabbing his leg and crying. There was this guy already there and he told me that he was a doctor and he thought this kid had a broken leg. I could tell this guy was lying because he didn't have any white coat, I don't like liars so I pushed him out of the way. My training in medical school showed me that I had to get the kid's leg straight again, so I started pounding his knee to get the bone straight again. Thats when the guy that claimed to be a "doctor" called me a moron and pushed me out of the way. Well that did it. I got up, took my shades off, looked him straight in the eye and said " open wide doc" and then I gave him a swift kick to the mouth. I then grabbed him and said "time to make a house call " and then I threw him through a window of a near by house. The kid stopped crying then, I guess my pounding earlier worked. I told the kid not to thank me but I did need 20 dollars for my time. He only had 14 so I took his bike as well. I feel pretty good about fixing the kid's leg. ~mjw jazz bar

So I was sitting in the back corner of eat ‘n park a restaurant in the northeastern region and I hear this group of punk kids terrorizing their waitress, and I stumble over there and ask the beautiful lady what the problem seems to be. The kids being the adept punks they are give her a glare that tells her not to talk or else therell be problems but I know better than this and I tell them that if they don’t apologize to this beautiful belle theyre going to have to answer to me. I pull my shades out of my back pocket, slip a comb through my wet hair, and tell them they have 10 seconds to apologize. The leader of the gang a chubby kid tells me to get loss and then throws the peg game on his table at my face. “I pegged you as the wise sort, and I don’t play games!” says I, and I grab a tonfa from the cop sitting at the table next to them and tell them today’s special, punks served sunny side up, with a side of hollandaise. I crack the tonfa over two punk heads, do a roundkick, and then hiptoss the runt of the crew into the pie fridge. “Creamed or Key Limed? ” I ask the cop as he slips me a fiver and gives me a back high five. He tells me Ive done a good job as a citizen, and I kiss the beautiful waitress on the cheek, run my comb through my hair once more and leave the restaurant on my harley. ~mjq jazz bar

I was in town with one of my girlfriends today, and I decided to play one of those scratch off games again, I was very suprised when I won 1 million dollars on the spot, this was like the second time I won the lottery. I was about to claim my prize but then I thought to myself I'm already rich why not have some fun with this one? I told my girlfriend I was tired of her already so I left her at the gas station and went to find me some poor suckers. What better place than wal mart? I went up and down the asles until I found a bad dressed man and wife along with their kid. I went up to the guy and showed the guy the ticket, and told him since I didnt need the money I was going to give it to him and his family, when he started to tear up I tore up the ticket and threw the pieces on the ground. I then started to walk away but this spinless punk then took a swing at me when my back was turned. That did it. I turned around, took off my shades, looked him straight in the eye and said "feeling lucky". I then gave him a swift kick in the ribs and threw him into the pet section, I then caught a wal mart guy coming at me so I took a knife out of my jacket and threw it toward a chain holding up a sign, I then looked at the guy and said "watch out for falling prices" and then the sign fell on him and knocked him out. I left the store but not before I complained to the manager about the kind of people they let in there. ~mjq jazz bar

So, I bought a couple of dvds off some web site a few weeks ago and I was pretty upset they haven't come in the mail already. So today I stuck around the house until the mailman came, he brought me a package but it wasn't the dvds I was waiting for. I asked him what the problem was and he told me that he had no control over when the company sends me the dvds. He said I should try to contact them. That did it. I couldn't belive this guy, I pay my taxes and this guy thinks he has the right to sass me in front of my euro mansion, in my freaking driveway? I lifted up my shades, took the cigar out of my mouth, looked him straight in the eye and said " I'm afraid this package is marked return to sender", and then I threw the package in the air and sidekicked the package right into the guys face causing teeth to go everywhere. I then saw one of my ederly neighbors walking toward me so I assumed he wanted trouble as well so I gave him a swift round kick to the ribs, I then looked at him and said "time to take out the garbage" and hip tossed him into the garbage can. I then picked up the crying mailman and threw him into the garbage can, after I had my "garbage collected", I picked up the garbage can and said "let the good times roll" and threw the garbage can down the hill. I didn't see those two guys again but I don't really care, I took the mailbag and threw it in my fireplace since it was a little chilly here today. ~mjq jazz bar

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Marcade posted:

Yeah, that's what my mom always told me about my blind dates.

Makes sense, if they were blind she could tell em anything

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"the mods gently caress up something obvious" is a permanently new saga so let's stop talking about it unless it's a specific incident and not just general gripes thanks. You too astral. I can't probe you but I know where you live

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
PYF Goon Saga: [Small derail on pitbulls starts]

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If we want to talk about specific Pick sagas that's fine but can we not do "was Pick a good poster yes/no" because it never goes anywhere good and people start getting weird very quickly

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

I miss ruddha

ah that one got me good

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol drat

I'm posting from experience. If I can't act normal what chance do any of you have

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

I have to only make the worst posts I can, because if I exercised my true posting potential, my posts would shine like the silmarils, tearing the forums apart as everyone fought to possess them. :(

oh my god shut up

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I hope he got deported into a furnace

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Worse how? I don't remember seeing stories about spontaneously exploding Xboxes or anything so this sounds like petty nerd computer fucker bullshit.

yeah exactly that

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

heres all of em spoiler for FLASHING DEATH

fuckin lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

Dang, holmes. Encyclopedic.

pretend I made one of those insanely tired jokes about how mods have expert knowledge of how old things are

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Does anyone have the post where a guy was mad that the games mods wouldn't enforce his thread rule of "solve arguments with chess"?

Here's his meltdown from an otherwise completely anodyne QCS thread

Coolguye posted:

VideoGames has been as useless as an rear end in a top hat on my elbow the fistful of times i've PMed them, the one time they did something helpful was when i asked for the XCOM thread to be renamed. beyond that, i was trying to quench a literal years-long, multi-forum tire fire that spread out of a loving mod of XCOM 1 and PMed them, asking for their support on a plan that ultimately succeeded in getting rid of it. they didn't read a word, didn't care to ask me a single question to understand the situation, and went to post a stupid tirade in the thread, suggesting tons of non-solutions that had already failed to resolve the problem (and that i had detailed in the PM i sent them explaining my plan), then peaced to let me deal with the fallout.

another time there were people being complete psychos about complaints about the epic games store that i had raised in the free games thread, accusing me of spreading red china terror and other ridiculous horseshit. the posts attacking me got reported and videogames popped in, called a halt to talking about EGS and implied the whole situation was my fault to the point that a couple posters had to ask if it was OK for them to thank me for my even explanation of the concerns about EGS. videogames flippantly said "yeah, that's fine, but you already did, so it's done"

i PM'ed them saying that the entire situation was some serious bullshit and they responded with some really loving weird paragraph about how they wouldn't ever make a moderation decision based on history with a poster, which was completely out of left field and had nothing to do with my complaint. i can't imagine videogames actually has a grudge against me because i've interacted with them like once per year so the entire thing struck me as just more slipshod assumptive nonsense.

there's one or two other situations but you get the point.

then the couple of times i tried to talk to burt was just obviously lol because that dumbass was so terminally online that just opening your mouth was an assault if he was in the right mood at the time.

then god help you if you needed support in the let's play subforum back when slowbeef and zorak were in charge. at one point zorak literally just replied 'lol' when i asked him to come handle a dude who was making GBS threads up a thread and i had to get others to run the fuckface out.

in short no OP i have literally never had a good interaction with a mod for anything beyond the most basic crap

Coolguye posted:

yeah i pointed out their privacy policy was bullshit and that actually had impacts, people took one tiny part of what i was saying and made it the entire issue - same nonsense every weirdo on this site does when trying to count coup. i said a hundred times it was fine to get stuff from EGS and i wasn't judging anyone for it, not that that was ever acknowledged by the folks being aggro for no reason.

i mean, no they did not, like almost objectively. people were slinging mud at me for months and i was doing everything i could to de-escalate and provide common ground. then VG came in and was like "yeah those people using standard posting enemy trolling tactics and making GBS threads up the thread have a good point." i was happy to just consider it another dumb slapfight, but if a mod wants to come in and start assigning blame like that the least they can do is read the drat thread.

anyways, neither here nor there to the story you wanted to hear: so XCOM 1 had this one mod named the Long War. it was very ambitious mod that changed tons of stuff. this was really impressive technically because XCOM 1 did not have a modding toolset, so the team doing it was doing it pretty much from scratch.

the mod itself was really divisive, though. it added a ton of kludge to a pretty clean game and made it pretty frustrating to play and use. but it also fleshed out a ton of design thoughts that were in the OG XCOM that were not present in the Firaxis remake - and, even as a big fan of the franchise, i'll be the first to tell you that the OG is definitely kludgy and frustrating, so arguably that's on brand. there was also the problem that the mod was frequently literally unplayable for up to a week at a time because the project leader would just take updates from his team and publish them without even attempting to open the game first. so he'd publish a broken build and then just peace for days on end.

this would've been fine if people could've been civil to one another about a loving mod on a video game, but nah. even as someone who thought long war wasn't worth the trouble at all, i'll be the first to tell you that a lot of anti-long war people got way too aggro over it. there were a fair number of 'the project leader is a terrible human being because video game mods' style posts that were completely out of line. there were also a lot of pro-long war people who got super aggro over people posting criticisms and would launch into days-long snipefests over people being whiny entitled babies about wanting the mod to launch when a new version was released, or for bugs not to be re-introduced constantly, or something relatively innocuous like that. one of the pro-long war people had a blue star from something like pet island i think, i don't remember, so when i reported a bunch of posts that were not ok, the games moderator at the time (FAU) stayed the gently caress out of it and ignored the whole thing. so there was no help coming in calming down a stupid flame war over a fuckin mod.

i tried ignoring it and refocusing on strats for the base game. then i tried playing peacemaker. then about 6-ish weeks or something into that effort, a few long war zealots found their way into a let's play thread that was doing XCOM 1 and made such nuisances of themselves by getting aggro on folks for not liking long war that they had to be probated/threadbanned out of there. then they came back to the XCOM thread to complain about how unfair that was and how great their mod was.

at that point the entire rolling flame war had gone on for about 5-ish months and i was tired of it. we'd tried to tell people to go make their own thread about long war but nobody would do it because ultimately it would definitely mean the death of both threads due to lack of traffic. so i just started being a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone who was a zealot about the mod one way or the other, which at this point was mostly the pro-LW nerds. i was suuuuuper aggro to both sides and eventually everyone stopped talking about it. i absolutely poo poo the hell out of my own thread but it finally calmed people the gently caress down and the worst zealots peaced. we were all able to talk about the game and appreciate the game for a while. they'd eventually pop back up and skirmishes over long war continued, but at least you could talk about the game without someone accosting you for not playing long war - and, sometimes, long war with their specific config hacks.

then XCOM 2 came out. because LW had kept the torch lit on XCOM 1 for such a long time, firaxis paid the team to make a long war 2 in order to light the fire of excitement about the mod set that was released with XCOM 2. i put right in the first post that i wasn't interested in anyone being a zealot for their favorite mod, or against their least favorite, because there had been another long war skirmish about a month prior to XCOM 2's release and i was not interested in having that lovely tradition come over.

well, it did. the same 'new thread' and 'basic respect' suggestions and stuff came back up but nobody wanted to go do it for the same reasons as before. it's goddamn XCOM, it's not actually that big of a game or that big of a deal. and respect had clearly failed already because people were taking opinions about their favorite mods personally.

so finally, i came up with an incredibly moronic system that encouraged normal threadgoers to yell at people arguing about stupid bullshit to 'settle it the usual way' - the usual way was a game of chess. whoever won the game of chess would be right on the internet for 3 days and everyone could move on. my hope was that i could get mod support to sixer someone if they refused to play their chess game and kept arguing inconsolably. i DM'd videogames to explain the situation and invite input. waited a week, got no response. so i figured, like before, no help was coming, and amended it to encouraging the thread to ruthlessly clown on chronic arguers as 'idiot coward ratfuckers', regardless of their views.

it worked. the worst complainers whined to me but after i was called out for arguing about my reasoning and immediately shut up/linked lichess to be accountable to my own rules, they all peaced. then videogames came in a week after the posting and made this weird as gently caress post that made it clear they hadn't read a single word in the thread or that i'd sent them. literally everyone in the thread ignored it because it was nonsensical.

people had to be told to settle it the usual way about once a month over the next 6, but that was all the further it got. no more days-long rolling flamewars over how unreasonable you were for not liking a free mod or some nonsense. just a few slapfights that people broke up quickly.

i got rid of those dumb chess rules when the expansion came out and the long war team refused to update their mod because firaxis wouldn't pay them to do it. felt obsolete at that point. XCOM has been zealot-free for a long time now and it feels great. no thanks to any mod over the course of the last 2 threads and however many goddamned years it was at that point.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antivehicular posted:

goddamn I had forgotten about Settle Forums Arguments With Chess Guy

god fuckin' bless, I love him

It's such a perfectly hare-brained idea that it's actually kind of charming he thought it would work and got that mad when it didn't

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also i dont know if this belongs here but shoutouts to the gambling forum for having the greatest mods/users ratio ive ever seen

lol nice

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Splash Attack posted:

oh hey this thread is back neat

i’ve seen some people reference it over time, but what exactly happened in LP that caused the schism?

You're going to have to be more specific. A bunch of people left during the lowtax meltdown but that's true of every subforum?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

remember that one goon LPer who just like, vanished for something like 8 months and when they finally came back they were like "hey all, sorry i disappeared in the middle of my LP, i was in jail for vehicular manslaughter"

:eyepop:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Splash Attack posted:

it was mentioned earlier in the thread about how the LP forum had a schism before the Troubles, then after lowtax sold the forums they said that they still weren't coming back, and now that schism had schismed or something.

on that note, what lowtax meltdown?

By lowtax meltdown I was referring to the yikesaroo that ended with the sale to Jeff, a bunch of people from every forum understandably left then

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

Goons sign up for a bobcat in a box like service. Somehow, and no one could have ever predicted this, the OP was a scammer.

BoxMystery.com - A bag of stuff that may or may not be worth your money

lol drat

quote:

Not gonna lie, feeling pretty underwhelmed by my box. I received:

-iLogic earphones (cheap already, but only one earbud worked)
-plastic vampire teeth (Intended wearer? 4 year-old I'm guessing. Though anyone that tries to bite down with these would receive a mouthful of plastic shrapnel, as they seem very breakable and have virtually no hinge point)
-iTunes gift card ($10, pretty straight-forwardnot bad)
-K-Lite Lazer Lite (could maybe be enjoyable for my dog to chase around)
EDIT: The button just fell out. Not even kidding.
-Dickies guitar picks

I had no delusions that I'd get some amazing, high-priced stuff. I knew it would be cheap, but for thirty dollars I was hoping for either a stuffed box of really cheap but fun dollar store type junk or I don't know, something that I would at least get brief amusement out of, but most of this stuff has no application.

Also, I was a local buyer. Where was the SoCal specific stuff?

Overall: D+

quote:

I have no idea what kind of scam this was supposed to be, but I got:

- Funchop Chopstick Helper clip
- Giant Matchstick lighter
- Laser pointer

There's no way this is any more than $10, let alone $50 MSRP. poo poo, I've gotten more than this in every single Bag of Crap I've ordered from Woot. Completely ridiculous.

Edit: not even kidding, all of this is dollar store poo poo. I had low expectations, but this is just stupid.

quote:

I got two things in my box and two things only: a dollar store electronic pinball machine and a women's small sized LED flashing t-shirt. I guess this is probably a thirty dollar shirt or something

e: nope, it's a $19 shirt according to the brand's webite, so according to the statement that each box will be worth MSRP $50 then this SUPER PINBALL LCD VIDEO GAME is worth $31.

e2: its manufacturer declares it to have an MSRP of $4

It would have been less insulting if the guy had just taken the money and never sent anything

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I finally got my shipment from them, I got a T-shirt and Nothing else, Women's Medium lightup t-shirt (that doesn't work). If you search the OP's post history it seems like he made a Light up T-shirt company a while back as well as many other businesses.

ahahaha

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Violen posted:

if im ever seen doing the thing where you like make your youtube username jesus christ and go under uploads of american dad whipping the lord and leave messages like 'yeah it was a rough time' i want you to promise youll take my account out back

:dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josef bugman posted:

So, are we all supposed to be getting mad about other people getting mad and how they are weird over their in the other forums?

No. Nobody do this. Stop posting about games and resetera or whatever it's called unless it's about something funny that happened there