Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm just saying that it wasn't a scam, it was an honest waste of everyone's money

Lol fair enough. I think goons believing in Doob only made things worse because he could point to his “fan base” as true believers in his half-baked restaurant scheme when there had to have been people in his life going, “no don’t do this you idiot”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm just saying that it wasn't a scam, it was an honest waste of everyone's money

Yeah, it was an act of Goon naiveté. All the signs were there that this would be a disaster, but yet the goon hivemind persisted.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

rodbeard posted:

The problem with mock threads is people don't know when to stop and try to generate more content instead of closing their threads when they've run their course.

Like this one

Picking on Applewhite??

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Alaois posted:

shampeh...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shut the gently caress up spinster

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Spinz posted:

Like this one

Picking on Applewhite??

Alaois posted:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Man this is a salty thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006
No one likes me, but by god I will hold posting grudges for years to get into the cool kids club. I've won title as a most ignored user! Please unignore me uWu
Smellrose

Alaois posted:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

If we can't laugh at a forum full of goons slavering over a CYOA named "Space Tits and rear end," what can we laugh at, really?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

remembering things is harrassment

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Alaois posted:

NEVER

Kisses

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

remembering things is harrassment

If you look at my post history you’ll be hearing from my lovely attorney

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I'll sue all of you if you don't like my posts!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Frank Frank posted:

If you look at my post history you’ll be hearing from my lovely attorney

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I'll sue all of you if you don't like my posts!!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

If we can't laugh at a forum full of goons slavering over a CYOA named "Space Tits and rear end," what can we laugh at, really?

yeah the cyoa was

a) applewhite having fun with whatever and drawing what people suggest
b) a bunch of goons enthusiastically encouraging the whole thing
c) some weird body horror Cronenberg stuff also 2 spaceships combine to turn into a giant gundam that jacks off a energy penis to search star systems

So, plenty to laugh at, especially both the people acting like it was all an excuse to jerk off, and the people defending it who took it way too seriously

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

The problem with mock threads is people don't know when to stop and try to generate more content instead of closing their threads when they've run their course.

Yeah, this is why I was hoping Doobie's wouldn't come up so much.

The highlights were the kickstarter with the dumbass mods talking about saving Alabama
Goons then cheering eachother on to send over $10,000 to Doobie
The reveal he was a racist
The opening of his restaurant
The one time goons went to the restaurant

The "Saga" at this point is more about the people who went loving insane for 5 years stretching out a handful of redneck facebook posts into tens of thousands of posts in a never ending series of 24/7 mock threads where they started calling him and posting the calls and harassing his wife. Even after doobie stopped posting entirely and closed his restaurant they were going for years after that. It was funny at the time and that DayZ/Starcitizen/Doobie thread was legendary but jeez.

Forever Mock threads lead to poo poo like multiple star citizen developer's wives getting harassed by thread celebrities or Tim Buckley having goons take pictures of his house.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 20, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Yeah, this is why I was hoping Doobie's wouldn't come up so much.

The highlights were the kickstarter with the dumbass mods talking about saving Alabama
Goons then cheering eachother on to send over $10,000 to Doobie
The reveal he was a racist
The opening of his restaurant

The "Saga" at this point is more about the people who went loving insane for 5 years stretching out a handful of redneck facebook posts into tens of thousands of posts in a never ending series of 24/7 mock threads where they started calling him and posting the calls and harassing his wife. Even after doobie stopped posting entirely and closed his restaurant they were going for years after that.

Forever Mock threads lead to poo poo like multiple star citizen developer's wives getting harassed by thread celebrities or Tim Buckley having goons take pictures of his house.

Counterpoint: Garfieldeats thread is now several years old. Very little poop touching, no doxxing at all and no one has married Nathen (yet). It is endlessly entertaining

Also there’s still a Doob thread on the front page of GBS

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rectal Death Adept posted:

this one is funny because they were stupid enough to have backed doobie and their free hotdogs annihilated doobies profit margins for the day lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this one is funny because they were stupid enough to have backed doobie and their free hotdogs annihilated doobies profit margins for the day lmao

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mock threads should be gassed once there is nothing to talk about and goons start trying to dox people or start forming paranoid conspiracy theories that the rest of the forum is out to get them because the people calling them weird are actually secretly fans of the thing being mocked

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

That's why it was a highlight. He promised kickstarter backers a "Free Special" or whatever and after 3 people redeemed the offer they reported he argued with them about it and he then removed specials from the menu so nobody could ever ask for one again. It was like $20 in food and it wrecked him.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
"ersatz retard hot dogs"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006
No one likes me, but by god I will hold posting grudges for years to get into the cool kids club. I've won title as a most ignored user! Please unignore me uWu
Smellrose
"fucker moron hotdog altruism"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Like, people with MBAs/college degrees and decades of restaurant experience try to go into the business on their own and rack up 6 figure debts in a matter of years just to stay open. They open in cities with 10s if not 100s of thousands of people and are in highly visible and busy locations.

Someone wanted to open a hot dog stand in a town of 1200 people in poo poo poor rural AL. The budget was $6k. You don't need to know anything about the person to know that it was a terrible idea, way too little money, and doomed from the start for a lot of reasons. Tons of racist people successfully own and operate resultants, but Doobie was 100% not going to be one and the weird savior complex for the frogdog goons was kind of gross in retrospect.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Snow Cone Capone posted:

bit of advice, best not to search IMG's rapsheet for the funny posts because :catstare:

He is one of my favorite posters on this forum.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

ArfJason posted:

"ersatz retard hot dogs"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"fucker moron hotdog altruism"

Pure poetry. Wasn't that written by the guy who did the Goon Projects post? He has a way with words

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The idea of an ersatz hotdog is genuinely frightening, and I routinely eat gas station food.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Azathoth posted:

The idea of an ersatz hotdog is genuinely frightening, and I routinely eat gas station food.

Gas station hot dogs can go either way. Ersatz hot dogs you know for a fact aren’t right.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I mean, what defines a “real” hot dog anyway? It’s just a mishmash of unknown meat. “Ersatz hotdog” would imply setting the bar very low

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

every hot dog is the same, in that it will never be better than "okay" or "pretty good"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

every hot dog is the same, in that it will never be better than "okay" or "pretty good"

Costco hot dogs achieve the level of “solid” but that’s mostly because of the price

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Costco hot dogs achieve the level of “solid” but that’s mostly because of the price

Unfortunately never had one of these since we only have BJ's around these parts

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Unfortunately never had one of these since we only have BJ's around these parts

This man can't eat hot dogs because he's too busy giving men blow jobs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That sounds like wishful thinking to me

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Arrhythmia posted:

This man can't eat hot dogs because he's too busy giving men blow jobs.
That sounds like wishful thinking to me

You wish you were busily giving men blow jobs? C'mon, friend, put some effort in. Live your dream.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

You wish you were busily giving men blow jobs? C'mon, friend, put some effort in. Live your dream.

unlike him you loving suck dude

stop posting

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

My dream doesn't involve sucking dicks, unfortunately, you may have gotten me confused for your mother.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well that attempt to burn Synthy went about as well as I expected.