Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's out the 29th, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The ending of the first game is sick as hell

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Entering a low metabolic state for the next 10 days.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Diane, the fog has lifted and it's July 29th, twelve-oh-one AM. I'm standing in line at the Gamestop, excited for a voyage into the unknown. At home I've procured the following: one easy boy recliner, retail five hundred and ninety nine US dollars. I'm told that's a funny number, Diane, but I'm not sure why. One case of a dozen Bawls energy drinks, twenty-five-ninety-nine, and I'm pretty sure I know why that's funny. Domino's is on speed dial, my phone is in airplane mode, I have not achieved release in forty-eight hours, and not to be indelicate, but Diane? This is going to be a big one.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh it's you. The whore with the world's biggest monados.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Torna new rear end in a top hat.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fuwy Prewoadid.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA0DPBLJnzc&t=13s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

you are gonna be so lost

also true if you had beat them both tho, so have fun

lol seriously. i watched a few recap videos and feel more lost than before

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

i usually like physical copies of stuff but if i buy this from the nintendo estore will i be able to play it at midnight? might choose the latter if so because tomorrow is shaping up to be a gently caress Off Friday

yeah midnight EST

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i always end up playing like 30 minutes of a midnight release before feeling sleepy and regretting not just starting the next day, so I'm going to fix that for once

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

time to crack this thang out again.

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/d105eb01695f470a9085b634d6ad4a91?product=B085VHHLGK&ref=cm_sw_em_r_ib_mb_WQd6YpgtlvRaX

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

not sure about this auto-target system. might put that rear end to bed asap

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

just the fact you can actually check combat tutorials after the fact and you don't have to mash A to pick up stuff in the overworld makes this an immense improvement lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was having some issues with the camera zoom resetting when entering battle, so i changed the "camera position" to the 1 out of 3 bars and it seemed to have fixed it?? will report back.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i was having some issues with the camera zoom resetting when entering battle, so i changed the "camera position" to the 1 out of 3 bars and it seemed to have fixed it?? will report back.

doesn't seem to have fixed it, but maybe the camera auto focuses based on size of enemy and i just haven't noticed due to doming bunnits and flies

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not-Nia's got some premium cheeks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I posted a meme about them copying SMT character designs, but the music really reminds me of it, it's crazy. Especially the menu music which sounds like it could be directly from SMTV. Kicks rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

lol that Taion is straight up Black Persona 5 Protagonist

Noah is literally just Fynn lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Standing perfectly still and silent with my nose 0.001mm from the door while Eunie's in the bathroom.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Going for a 100% No Bathing run. Let's see how dirty Mio gets.

This is how you recruit Francis York Morgan

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This game also reminds me of FFXV with the goth crew and camp sites etc. It's so sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mwamba forever. ✊🏿

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

riku's voice lol

lol yes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blue enemies are no joke, until you start rolling w/a 6 man crew

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I really like how they combined the combat systems of the first two games. One crew recharges arts over time, the other recharges arts with cancel combos. I'm early in chapter 2 but so far the only thing I'm missing is chaining cancel moves, everything else is a huge improvement

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I actually just got a tutorial notification on chaining cancel moves but I can't figure out how to do it lol. Unless they're just talking about using the combined X moves when they're both charged

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

It's so hosed up that I'm on Chapter 2 and there's already hundreds of potential party make ups I think. Monolith are nuts.

I also like how you're kinda forced into mixing it up due to mastery being locked behind quests/progression

I thought Noah was a poo poo tank until I realized the monsters I kept fighting were 2-3 levels higher than my party lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This game also reminds me of FFXV with the goth crew and camp sites etc. It's so sick

and you can actually cook at them!!!!! i love this poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Lol getting to the Chain Attack tutorial

just got to this and lol

i THINK i get it.. but it's a lot to take in

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

when colony 9 starts attacking you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFRUGtOd2o&t=13s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm loving the bosses in this, especially the 2nd one where he says something like, "Ohh it's a boss. Boo!"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I been saving bonus xp since I'm already hella over levelled bc I explore too much I think.

I used it once when starting chapter 2 since I was getting my rear end run over by everything, but I think I'll just bank it all from now on, unless that happens again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm glad the menu music is so incredibly dank because I feel like I spend half my time in there tweaking everything

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i think thisd be my game of the year any year that elden ring hadnt come out, it's hittin the spot for me essentially perfectly

I can't say for sure until I beat it but I'm already leaning towards this, which I would never have believed a few months ago

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

only played like an hour and a half so far but lets freakin gooo

sick.. nobody knows anything about what's going on so it's perfectly fine to feel lost. just let that poo poo wash over you..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the fencer class is loving sick, god drat. plus it has a bleed proc... my autism loves DoT moves

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i keep reading Ribbi Flats the Rabbi Flats. Just got there and now it's on. First properly gigantic area to explore. I love this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

French Accent posted:

this is my first xenoblade game, got to chapter 3 on hard mode and i'm enjoying the micromanagement you have to do to stay alive. reminds me of ff12 somewhat.

This series got me interested in trying FF12 again since I didn't like it the first time I played