Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never got too far in Xenoblade 1, I should pick it back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Same, I suspect I don't have the particular brain disease that makes these games work for me but I've yet to give it a thorough go.

I loved XBC2 so I definitely have the right brain. Just gotta put in the time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i never actually beat 1 because I stalled out about 2/3 of th way through like three times, I should go back sometime

Same, I stalled out on Wii years ago and then I got the Switch version, got a little farther and stalled out again lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

I'll definitely be beating it on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 release day.

Also, it won't be the only thing releasing on July 29th.

*Giant enemy crab voice* Giant anime tits

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Entering a low metabolic state for the next 10 days.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Diane, the fog has lifted and it's July 29th, twelve-oh-one AM. I'm standing in line at the Gamestop, excited for a voyage into the unknown. At home I've procured the following: one easy boy recliner, retail five hundred and ninety nine US dollars. I'm told that's a funny number, Diane, but I'm not sure why. One case of a dozen Bawls energy drinks, twenty-five-ninety-nine, and I'm pretty sure I know why that's funny. Domino's is on speed dial, my phone is in airplane mode, I have not achieved release in forty-eight hours, and not to be indelicate, but Diane? This is going to be a big one.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I get the game I'll be thinking about a different Twin Peaks if you know what I mean lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh it's you. The whore with the world's biggest monados.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Xbc1 and 2 OSTs haven't left my rotation in years, hope the music continues to kick rear end. I picked up a copy of X when I got my wii u set up again that I want to play some day. Remember Bob loved it!

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Timelapse of Bob through the XBCX thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

sorry..but the game really loving falls off. i guess if youre an insane retard and enjoy grindy korean mmos youll love the postgame but, as sofia described it feels like a long con. you invest all this time and effort into learning the mechanics and developing a cool character and then the game goes "well actually youll be in a big robot and absolutely none of that matters" and the robot combat is incredibly simple to the point of being mind numbing, but you cant go back to being on foot because everything will take 20x longer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

reading between the lines i think bob was playing randomly generated quests for 100 hours and expecting them to end

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Great, I have to deliver 30 glibnorbs to the mayor’s daughter again??? :rolleyes:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

didnt someone warn him and say exactly how it would play out or was that another person?

Yeah it was Bob from the future

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey kid, shut up and listen to me. One day, there’s gonna be a video game called Xenoblade Chronicles X. If you play it… you’re gonna regret it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The frog has almost reached the pleasingly ample chest.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No, you’ve got it all wrong, Hizke was just scratching his leg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Take a smellpon, friends.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Man, Mwamba is one day away from retirement. Wonder what will happen to him on this op.

In Training posted:

Nice, Mwamba's a great guy. Shame I can't change his equipment, moves or assign skill points. Probably just a glitch. Now, let's watch this next cutscene, looks like Mwamba is heading into a dark cave!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mwamba forever. ✊🏿

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

clients are animals

I hate them!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't believe I'm playing XBC1 instead of this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Switch version of 1 kicks rear end and I know a lot of people don’t like the new artstyle but I think it looks better

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

I'm choosing to believe that this is like if the Grey goo singularity happened, but instead of inert nano machines, all life in the universe got turned into anime lol

XBC2 spoilers

That's almost exactly the reveal at the end of XBC2 lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

Also, Noah is maybe my favorite rpg antagonist. He isn't brooding, quirky, or over the top. He's just trying his best when he can, and believes that things don't need to be so lovely all the time, I feel it lol

Haven't played XBC3 yet but that's one of the things I like about the series, the protagonists are just earnest dudes and the rest of the party has diverse personalities without being overly angsty or edgy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I loved 2 and I’m playing 1 and loving it as well so I’m extremely excited for when I get around to 3.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i loved 1, loved 2, and hell, now i love 3. xeno ftw

:worship:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Same here lurker who thinks we’re all perverts following yaoi twitters too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Sexy fuckin Rexy! Haha. Pound me daddy? Am i right? [Camera pans out to reveal I am sitting bare rear end naked on a toilet in the middle of an empty, war-torn coliseum. The year is 2143. Due to mysterious events, I am one of the few people left on earth. I hear nothing but the sound of a bitter, chill wind roaring by, before it stills again and I am left with an all-too familiar silence] huh. gently caress me then i guess. jesus christ.

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Drops custom made life size Rex gently caress doll whereupon the head and dick break off and fall into the ocean* No… it’s not fair. There was time!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GateOfD posted:

Don’t get the hate for XC1, it’s my favorite one

I beat it a few months ago and it kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol I got sucked into the gacha poo poo for a while trying to get a certain unique blade. I went salvaging for hours before realizing I don't give a poo poo and ignored it the rest of the game

Same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's a shame too because the blade quests were all really good and you only get to see a small fraction of them

Yeah I liked the one where Gorg wanted to be a pastry chef lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

lol instantly getting a sinking, consuming knot in my stomach when anyone other than hiz posts like that.

This lol