Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

idk why but that guy's voice sounded like poo poo to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

jfc there's a seven-part series on jeter coming?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol corey is hosed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Picking his dad is a classic fuckup. Old man is taking too much time to grab balls and poo poo
he's done it before in 2016 so presumably he's aware and just wants to enjoy it with his dad

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I loving love the Home Run Derby.
every year I watch it now I am reminded of that Sam Miller piece about a future where Derby evolves into it's own pro sport

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the statcast broadcast showed the pitch location overlay and it really underscores how significant it is for these things

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I want pitching machine HRD more than I want robot umps.
yeah for real

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

Pete Alonso takes the HRD so seriously and it owns
he makes more money from the Derby than he does from playing baseball (a key part of Miller's HRD speculation)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MLB should take the Derby as seriously as Pete does and standardize some stuff. One pitching machine for everyone. First round everyone hits for full time (and any bonus they earn), then go head to head for the rest of it with seeding based on the first round totals.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

LOLOLOL

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Schwarbs is hosed!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

greatest upset in derby history

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

poor Seager eliminated with 24

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

now that there's a million dollar prize every derby should be won by a pre-arb guy

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mellow Seas posted:

Poor Seager still has the best non-Julio round, doesn't he?
Every year there's an example like this which demonstrates the need to change the first round to at-large competition

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The first year they did the prize money was 2019 and Alonzo was pre-arb for that one and 2021. Lets see how long this streak can go

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

glad it's the two young guys in the final

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

First time watching BP in many years

Thank goodness the players aren’t wearing their team uniforms, otherwise I might be able to identify them from here

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They are playing a PSA on the big screen about how to not get abducted by a fake Uber driver

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

You wear a Houston jersey in this stadium, you’re gonna get boo’d

Edit: it’s fuckin hot, don’t envy AL players forced to wear dark gray right now

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 20, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Manny Muchasshole yells the guy behind me lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:lol:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Why waste pitches when you can just pick him off

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is Altuve tall enough to make that Gimenez play? I’m guessing not

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The scoreboard says every all star has a 1.042 OPS

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol was Machado really starting poo poo in the All Star Game??

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Joe Buck was mediocre but he was perfectly groomed to be the definition of mediocre. The potential for worse is bottomless.
Joe Davis is legitimately great

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MVP should be that Cleveland 2B who snagged the Machado liner to turn two in the first inning

Or Gonsolin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

She’s a partial owner of the Dodgers