Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

William Henry Hairytaint once made an old fashioned for me but when I tasted it it was just Big Red and vodka

Sounds like something a cop would make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I went out earlier and bought a bottle of Basil Hayden’s. Gonna have an old fashioned or three later

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

grill youre saelf posted:

As a wisconsinite, I was nodding my head solemnly in agreement until your absolute wrong opinion concerning sour.

yessss Squirt or 50/50 (the grandpa option) ftw

grill youre saelf posted:

Throw the sweet poo poo in the trash

noooo all wi old fashioneds are good

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Love when the missus gives me a nice old fashioned if you know what i mean

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

Love when the missus gives me a nice old fashioned if you know what i mean

I'm not sure what you mean

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I also enjoy receiving old fashioneds from that poster’s wife.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I also enjoy receiving old fashioneds from that poster’s wife.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my wife, she old fashioned

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
if you guys are going to post about getting drinks from my wife or mom plz post the recipe thanks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Drinks?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
This is a thread about alcoholic beverages people keep saying my mom is making them drinks

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Your mom is a tall glass of old fashioned

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

i am a moron posted:

This is a thread about alcoholic beverages people keep saying my mom is making them drinks

How about a recipe for a nice hand shandy if you know what I mean

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

1 or 2 tsp simple syrup
couple dashes angostura bitters
2 oz (at least) Bulleit rye (not bourbon)
Sometimes if I'm feeling whimsical, a splash of Grand Marnier

Skip the fruit. Or if you must have fruit, use a brandied cherry instead of maraschino.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Made an old fashioned with black walnut bitters from fee brothers

Pretty loving good imo

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Back when I used to drink it was a bottle of vodka in one hand and a pepsi/coke/whatever in the other.

That's the recipie your mom showed me.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The best old fashioned is the way that Dave Thomas says "old fayshioned"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_x0K_DX6wk

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I used to order Old Fashioneds all the time but then I started to feel bad for the bartenders so now I just get Manhattans even though I don't like it as much

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I get it now
Ops mom gave me an "old fashioned" hand job
She jerked my dick and balls all the way off

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!
Demerara simple syrup is my favorite way to go. Bring equal parts Demerara sugar and water to a boil and then immediately turn off the heat and let it come down to room temp - store in the fridge. It adds a nice toffee note.

Mine old-fashioned usually looks like:

Big chunk of ice
Russels’s Reserve about half way up the glass
About half as much Demerara syrup
4-5 splashes angostura
1 splash orange bitters
Stir 50 times
Luxardo cherry if you have them

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

That has to be the most innovative recipe in this thread. I bought a pack of bitters and the all orange wasn’t doing it but mixing it seems legit. Gonna try this out as soon as I get my hands on this syrup

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
'Round these parts (and probably your town too) there's a shot order that generally implies you're in the service industry. It's Jameson topped off with Montenegro, and it's called a 'Blackbird'. Originally I think it got this name because it was made with Wild Turkey instead of Jameson. I don't know why the switch happened, but it did.

I was joking the other day because I am probably an alcoholic and all my friends work in bars, that we should make a shot that's the same thing, except alcoholic Listerine instead of the Jamo, and just top the rest of the shot with bitters.

It's called a 'Zackbird.'

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

I don't think there's a recipe for an old fashioned where an olive can make sense

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I used to order Old Fashioneds all the time but then I started to feel bad for the bartenders so now I just get Manhattans even though I don't like it as much

I find Manhattans more of a pain to make tbh because it requires a separate vessel to stir and strain from.

Old fashioneds get built in the serving glass, and in a bar you already got the orange slice and cherry prepped.

E: but yeah if a place is busy I’ll keep it simple.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Treecko posted:

hand job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007