Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I’d love to take the New York knickerbockers and overpay for some big names and ex bulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Will any caring soul post the total bid price of each actual nba roster at the end of bidding? I really don’t know who it would be, maybe Philly? Or probably Boston.

Lowest would have to be Utah or Washington or OKC I guess? Detroit?

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I feel ashamed the Knicks didn’t get jalen Brunson but I could help from bidding 104 even though I knew it was a low bid

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I wanna say everyone’s bids are dumb, but I’m also extremely dumb and bad at everything I do

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Super happy that I got Bam, he rules. Plus he is a pretty flexible player to build around.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Nice deal on doncic. Does anyone have an active spreadsheet that they’d mind sharing? I feel like there was a link earlier but I don’t feel like going back to look for it.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks, this is awesome. What’s the story with the overall ratings? I’m trying to not care and just go with players that are cool and that I think would fit together, but it’s hard to get excited when Malcolm brogdon is rated higher than jayson Tatum.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Its Nikola Jokic at 128$, pretty unlikely to change at this point imo

What do you think was the worst winning bid?

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Crazy that someone could have gotten vuc for 55 dollars

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
There are 30 teams and 18 buckets of players so even keeping your whole bag til the last day and getting your whole roster then means better than average quality.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sure, there are already people who effectivly cannot participate anymore outside of trying to fight for scraps. Anyone with less than 70ish dollars who don't have like 2-3 roster spots left are kind of screwed.

The idea there won't be any competition is just not really the case, though

There is less competition for players in the second half because, as you’ve pointed out, only like 30% of the money is left. Yes you could get screwed waiting for the last day, but it’s just to illustrate a point. Scooter mctiny will probably have a pretty sweet team by outbidding all of us the last few days.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
drat scooter

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Actually deadbeat dad could we have an official count of how much money everyone has left? I was using the other Google sheet but I’m pretty hosed if it’s wrong because there’s only a few guys left to bid on these last few days

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Giannis is payed like a CEO in non-max league

“A study of 300 top US companies released by the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) on Tuesday found the average gap between CEO and median worker pay jumped to 670-to-1 (meaning the average CEO received $670 in compensation for every $1 the worker received). The ratio was up from 604-to-1 in 2020”

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Deadbeat Dad, thanks for running this whole thing, it’s been a ton of fun. Is there a charity you like that we can donate to as part of a thank you? Maybe a women’s shelter because of that horrible Charlotte player that was disqualified?

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I’m pretty happy getting Luka nard and Josh Hart, I didn’t have any SGs. I was holding out for bane but I couldn’t wait anymore

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Uh oh we all bid on the same guys

Poor sexton gets no respect in real life or fake

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
gently caress yes herb “herb” jones

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
After surviving getting struck by lightning, nobody was surprised when former Knicks owner James Dolan decided to give up his business holdings and pursue his real passion, decorative children’s party instruments. What was surprising to most New Yorkers is that he sold it for 24$ to descendants of the Lenape people. “I’m just so embarrassed at how poorly I’ve run the franchise, my life, my music career, god, just everything. I made a Twitter poll and this suggestion won. I’m just so glad I can get out of the public eye and focus on my new band, JD and the Krooked Kazoos.”

Now under control of a new ownership group, the New York Knicks have a new GM, alternative personality Jack Bandit of the cartoon character Doug from the eponymous children’s television program. Doug started by hiring Dan Dantoni, brother of former Knick coach Mike, before building around James Harden and two skilled bigs, DPOY candidate Bam Adebayo and former Knicks first round pick Kristaps Porzingis. And also, for some reason, Russell Westbrook. Seems like Knicks GMing has something in common with the bagels and pizza of the big Apple: there must be something in the water.

At an interview with some YouTube guy apparently, Harden and Westbrook were playful about sharing the load, with each player stating that they expect to win the MVP award next season. Westbrook, a former MVP, is expected to play limited minutes off the bench.

At his opening press conference, Porzingis expressed incredulity at returning to New York. “I hated this place!”

(artists rendition)

PG: Harden/Westbrook
SG: Hart/Kenard
SF: Warren/jones/Kevin Porter Jr.
PF: Adebayo/Kuzma/jones
C: Porzingis/powell/cousins

General plan is for harden and Warren to run an iso heavy offense, and for hart/bam/porzingis playing off for shooting, in a defense-heavy lineup.

Bam and porzingis fill 48 minutes of center usually, but plenty of redundancy if one goes down.

Defensive lineup, switch out jones for Warren.
Small ball lineups, bam at center, warren or jones at pf, hart or Warren at sf, kenard or kpj at sg.

Bench is run by westbrook and based on pick and roll with adebayo or pick and pop with porzingis, with kenard, kpj, and Kuzma providing shooting while westbrook dives to the cup.

I feel like this is the best Knicks team in decades. God I hate being a Knicks fan.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I made a donation to a local womens shelter through my work’s terrible matching portal. Thanks again for running this DD! Hope you feel better soon!

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

[*]Bonus question: Which team would be most likely to implode?[/list]
Winner - - New York Knicks - 4 votes

Wouldn’t want it any other way

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Knicks can be auto-gm’d (and are going to the dang finals)

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Hell yeah go Knicks! Least believable part of the sim was that Westbrook played under 20 minutes a game and only averaged 8 points. In real life he’s shooting the ball 20 times in those 20 minutes. Maybe all the fashion parties mellowed him out.

I’m gonna let it ride. And I’m gonna predict Knicks over suns in the finals. That eastern conference is stacked though.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Ben Simmons hit a three in one of those games, clearly the sim is nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Oof. Whatever, Knicks just didn’t want to run into the buzz saw that is the Sacramento kings