Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Genndy stressing me out. I think he's gonna do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Those baby dino's are way too cute. They're gonna fuckin die man fuuuuuck

Fully hope next episode will begin with Punished Fire Vidarr leaping onboard the boat-castle and this poo poo getting completely out of control, although episode titles suggest not.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm starting to get some bad vibes from that queen. I won't be surprised if she will be revealed to be a bad person.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I liked that the battle montage was a move-for-move repeat for our protagonists, with just ancient civilization mooks swapped. Did anyone identify all of them?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
The montage is such a neat way to reuse animation and make a point by doing so. I was genuinely smiling at the trick despite the descent into ultra violence.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Crazy Ferret posted:

The montage is such a neat way to reuse animation and make a point by doing so. I was genuinely smiling at the trick despite the descent into ultra violence.
It was really clever. Preview for the next episode

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
The queen is such a great love-to-hate villain, but I need something very bad to her in the next episode lol.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Rappaport posted:

I liked that the battle montage was a move-for-move repeat for our protagonists, with just ancient civilization mooks swapped. Did anyone identify all of them?

Same. I noticed the English and Romans. The way some of those buildings looked I would have guessed somewhere in east Asia too.

I really liked the part when the queen commanded big dude to kill all the unarmed people and Fang was disgusted by it and turned away. When you're so bloodthirsty you disgust a T-Rex, just god drat.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It's going to be really satisfying when the queen gets eaten.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Equeen posted:

The queen is such a great love-to-hate villain, but I need something very bad to her in the next episode lol.

What I found really interesting this episode was that bit where she danced. Makes me think she was in the position of her dancers, before she became queen, and took her throne from whoever held it through guile and ruthlessness.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

And sweet spinning heel kicks.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The fight with the Queen makes me sad Spear was never trained how to fight. Sure, screaming and running at an opponent has served him well but whenever he fights another human that does know how to fight he gets his rear end kicked. I was really hoping it would have happened during the montage in this episode but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Shouldn't Mira's hair have grown back by now

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Scorpion magic.

Actually, is the scorpion the brand of Chernobog? Then it could be magic!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I bet other big punchy guy dies to save Fang et al, then one of the weirder D&D groups I've ever seen has to raise his daughter with 2 baby dinos.

I wonder if Big Fire Guy is animated by vengeance, and grows stronger from the vengeance people want on Queen Mean.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Shouldn't Mira's hair have grown back by now

Given that it's been months (based on the growth of the cheetah) I guess she shaves her head.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I bet other big punchy guy dies to save Fang et al, then one of the weirder D&D groups I've ever seen has to raise his daughter with 2 baby dinos.

I wonder if Big Fire Guy is animated by vengeance, and grows stronger from the vengeance people want on Queen Mean.
I was thinking one baby dino would survive so Mira had one to ride but if they get a kid welp better save em both.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My money is on this happening.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

"Such a lust for revenge..."

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 5, 2022

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Zero One posted:

I hope they team up on a jailbreak.

Well they could have but Big Sad Dad was such a wuss the jailbreak failed. Even if Nefertiti got hands, as we saw. And all the while in platform stiletto heels. That's some Dragonball Z weighted clothing poo poo right there.

Episode 8 has the names Kamau, Ima and Amal in the 'Feature Voices' credits. I'm guessing Kamau is Sad Dad, Ima is his daughter and Amal is the one playing Sid Meier's Civilization for keeps.

Huh, the voice for Spear is also the voice for the Duke from Resident Evil Village.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Still just loving that moment when Fang storms off after witnessing the queen's unecessary brutality. She's such a great character.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Baby dinos learning from mom :3:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Holy crap what an episode :stonklol:

I hope (????) the fire golem doesn't hit the big ship :ohdear:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I've got to go to work but man there's so much to say about this episode, and the Colossaeus trilogy in general. God drat.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Yay a happy ending. :3:

Oh.

Oh no. :ohdear:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
David Krentz is the underrated MVP of Primal

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

David Krentz is the underrated MVP of Primal

What do they do?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What do they do?

He's the most frequent non-Genndy writer/storyboard artist: While Genndy himself has directly written/storyboarded a bulk of the show, Krentz has worked on a few noteworthy episodes; back in season 1 he solo-wrote/boarded on A Cold Death, Plague of Madness, Slave of the Scorpion. For this season he co-wrote/boarded Shadow of Fate and the first part of The Colossaeus with Genndy and solo boarded part 3 (part 2 was Genndy solo). Notably his season 1 episodes (not so with season 2) he also appears to have been involved with the pre-boarding episode outlines, given that he got "story by" credit on those alongside the usual outline writers.

He's also had a career of being a Paeloartist (though he's been in Genndy's circles for a bit before Primal)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I'm so glad big dude lived and was able to free his people. I thought for sure he was going to die.

This episode was another example of "Spear needs to be taught some kind of fighting technique." The Queen just wrecked his poo poo and she only lost to big dude because his skin is essentially steel.

Also RIP all those slaves in the smaller boat that Spear freed that jumped into the middle of the ocean. I hope they got picked up by the bigger boat.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I simply gotta believe Kamau organized their rescue.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I assumed that they could at least climb the oars up, if pirate movies have taught me anything. But I did kind of laugh and thought "where are you going?" when they all ran off.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Rappaport posted:

Holy crap what an episode :stonklol:

I hope (????) the fire golem doesn't hit the big ship :ohdear:

spear et al. were sailing toward moon so the fire golem was probably walking toward it too i.e. away from the ship.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I keep trying to figure out what the Colossaeus is, and it's either the ship, the big dude, or the fire golem. It keeps jumping around in my mind

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I think its just the boat. if it was the viking guy i would assume it would have been the title of that episode that focused on him and his kid.

idk about the big guy though. he is very big after all, but it's probably just the massive boat.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I think it's the boat. The big guy's tribe (?) we saw this episode were all big dudes, including the galley slave revolt. "Our" big guy is bigger, but still.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

It's the name of the ship according to the AS site.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's a Latin adjective which means "colossal, huge".

You don't see it used much these days, although there was a gigantic prehistoric sea snake discovered in 1983 which was named Palaeophis colossaeus, that fucker was 9m/30' long

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m slow rolling the episodes because I don’t have HBO, and I’m very deftly avoiding spoilers, but I have just completed Episode 6 “Vidaar” and all I can really say at this point is that I am not sure how this show could possibly be better than it is. Like, it might just be perfect? A real 10/10 flawless piece of media that just keeps getting better and better?

In any case, Spear vs Vidaar was absolutely everything I wanted and more, and now with the arrival of the eggs (Jesus, what a gut punch! Poor Big Red!) the show has a whole new level of tension to ramp up. I’m ready to fully & completely dissolve into grown man ugly crying if/when something bad happens to them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When I learned The Colossaeus was gonna be a multi-parter I decided to wait and watch them all at once and OH MAN did it loving DELIVER

Bust you should definitely get really high and watch the next three eps in one go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Eh gently caress it I wanted to watch Peacemaker and the new season of Harley anyway, I’ll probably sub next month after my Disney+ runs out.