Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I am certainly willing to give it a try. I would think it should be games that actually try though - not just weird shovelware asset flip stuff ;)

Takeshi’s Challenge? It was made to be deliberately unfun and obtuse because Beat Takeshi thought video games were dumb, and it’s infamous as one of the worst games of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

No. Lurking means I don’t have to contribute.

You just did. :cool:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Another chat thread another time to pay rent....

That reminds me everyone in this thread must pay me 10 bucks to post

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

bovis posted:

Been playing through Bayonetta to prepare for Bayo 3 coming later in the year, and the game is very good everyone.

One of the top10 games of 2021 for sure

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bayonetta is a crazy lady. Why ya putting dang guns on yer gosh darn feet, mam?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I might finally play Ori 2 today after buying it, idk, like a year ago

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shinjobi posted:

Bayonetta is a crazy lady. Why ya putting dang guns on yer gosh darn feet, mam?

Her hair is demons she can do what she wants

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

You're not even landlord of this thread I'm paying rent to Jay Rust to sleep under the thread ratings

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

Veeg isn't a big fan of Butthole Licking Simulator from what I hear

Finally someone modded the most important missing feature into Stray

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You're not even landlord of this thread I'm paying rent to Jay Rust to sleep under the thread ratings

voted five to make sure it gives you maximum shelter

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I finished RE Village over the weekend, and so ends my Resident Evil summer. I had a fantastic time. I'll probably get to the games I missed at some point, but I just need a break I think.

Do I wanna play Devil May Cry (a sister series to RE, of course) or Bayonetta next?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I finished RE Village over the weekend, and so ends my Resident Evil summer. I had a fantastic time. I'll probably get to the games I missed at some point, but I just need a break I think.

Do I wanna play Devil May Cry (a sister series to RE, of course) or Bayonetta next?

Bayonetta if only because Bayo 3 is coming out this year

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Bayonetta if only because Bayo 3 is coming out this year

oh drat that's right I completely forgot.

yeah Bayo it is then. Either way I know I'm good in Kamiya's hands but this seems more timely

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Most of the DMC series has aged very badly. Just play DMCV and maybe DmC.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Mode 7 posted:

You just did. :cool:

Yeah but it wasn’t meaningful

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Been Digimonning ops.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Rarity posted:

this is why i moved to discord smh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Think of me as the thread's letting agent. You pay me an extra 10% off the top and I do an extra 0% of the work

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot believe this thread has a landlord.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Finally picked Metroid: Dread back up this weekend, along with starting a new Binding of Isaac save on Switch. Dread is really, really good and I'm disappointed with myself that I waited this long to pick it back up.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dread is amazing. One of the first games I completed this year. :)

I would love more of it.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

VideoGames posted:

I cannot believe this thread has a landlord.

you have the power to stop this

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I actually kind of went sicko mode on start new games this weekend I started a new Caves of Qud run and also Xenoblade 1, too.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Ometeotl posted:

Guess I'll move this over to the new thread

One of my favorite Giant Bomb shows is Game Tapes, where they just watch footage of old events and sometimes B-roll marketing reels gamespot was given back in the day

I was about to reply and couldn't figure out where the post button was and realized the thread was locked lol. This sounds like what I'm looking for so I'll look it up.

I also just remembered watching a making of video for Shenmue that had footage from when it was still a Saturn game. It was really cool to see how it wasn't far off from the Dreamcast version. Granted it ran at like, 15 fps, but it was still impressive.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm still going on with Elden Ring. Just beat Rennala and met Ranni, so now I'm gonna go advance north and go to Mt. Gelmir for Boc's quest and then the capital to meet the Loathsome Dung Eater to get his puppet ashes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Video games killed the radio game dev

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I did not play any games in July. I hope that August will be better.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

I did not play any games in July. I hope that August will be better.

I hope you game, this month

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's pretty impressive how between the popular face button layouts, humanity has managed to put the same symbol in three of the four available spots. It's made jumping between emulators a bit tricky.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

It's pretty impressive how between the popular face button layouts, humanity has managed to put the same symbol in three of the four available spots. It's made jumping between emulators a bit tricky.

This is why PC gaming is the best you plug in a controller and it says "okay you have buttons 1 through 22" or whatever and there is no logic at all about which button is which number so you just go bind things and hope you get them right (you did not get them right) and instead of playing games you just spend your entire day in the keybinding menu.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

N64 emulation control setup sucks a lot lol

Turok Rage Wars still owns though

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Button mapping has actually gotten better since the last time I checked in. A number of the emulators now auto-bind to the obvious layout.

But the Wii got me curious about emulating the Wiimote (plenty of stuff requires it). Move controllers, which I have, apparently aren't easy to set up with Dolphin.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Button mapping has actually gotten better since the last time I checked in. A number of the emulators now auto-bind to the obvious layout.

That's very true for regular controllers, less true for other control peripherals like wheels and flight sticks, though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Two Point Campus [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 9
Lost In Play [PC, Switch] – August 10
Cult Of The Lamb [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 11
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16
Cursed To Golf [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 18
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright [Switch] – August 18
Midnight Fight Express [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 23
Soul Hackers 2 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – August 26
Tinykin [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 30
i predict that these games.. will be good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
frogun has a powerful aesthetic and rpg time looks very creative if nothing else. we can safely write off the rest of the month i think

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

frogun has a powerful aesthetic and rpg time looks very creative if nothing else. we can safely write off the rest of the month i think
no!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Reskin the entire thing to be pikmin imho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was looking at wiki pedia’s top-selling video games of all time list, and learned some stuff

quote:

3 Tetris (EA)

EA being electronic arts of course

quote:

The game reached 100 million paid downloads by 2010,[1][2] making it the best-selling paid mobile game of all time, and third best-selling game of all time altogether.

quote:

In January 2020, EA announced that they would retire their mobile version of the game on April 21, 2020, and the game became unplayable after this date, even if the full version was purchased.[18]

I hadnt I heard of this, and I think it’s wild

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/ProtomCannon/status/1554119769745506306

Project L will be free to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

calarts bean mouth?? yuck!!