Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Another chat thread another time to pay rent....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

bovis posted:

Been playing through Bayonetta to prepare for Bayo 3 coming later in the year, and the game is very good everyone.

I played through it last year and had a great time. I need to make room in my schedule for Bayo 2 before 3 comes out as well.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

That reminds me everyone in this thread must pay me 10 bucks to post

You're not even landlord of this thread I'm paying rent to Jay Rust to sleep under the thread ratings

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I finished RE Village over the weekend, and so ends my Resident Evil summer. I had a fantastic time. I'll probably get to the games I missed at some point, but I just need a break I think.

Do I wanna play Devil May Cry (a sister series to RE, of course) or Bayonetta next?

Bayonetta if only because Bayo 3 is coming out this year

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Finally picked Metroid: Dread back up this weekend, along with starting a new Binding of Isaac save on Switch. Dread is really, really good and I'm disappointed with myself that I waited this long to pick it back up.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I actually kind of went sicko mode on start new games this weekend I started a new Caves of Qud run and also Xenoblade 1, too.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

I did not play any games in July. I hope that August will be better.

I hope you game, this month

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

It's pretty impressive how between the popular face button layouts, humanity has managed to put the same symbol in three of the four available spots. It's made jumping between emulators a bit tricky.

This is why PC gaming is the best you plug in a controller and it says "okay you have buttons 1 through 22" or whatever and there is no logic at all about which button is which number so you just go bind things and hope you get them right (you did not get them right) and instead of playing games you just spend your entire day in the keybinding menu.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Button mapping has actually gotten better since the last time I checked in. A number of the emulators now auto-bind to the obvious layout.

That's very true for regular controllers, less true for other control peripherals like wheels and flight sticks, though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

EVO is this weekend isn't it!

Excited to watch some fight games.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Arzaac posted:

I've got a small backlog of games I want to finish but also one of my friends is pulling me into FFXIV

Pray for me

You can call Rarity & Jay Rust out by name

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Yeah these two got me back into playing FFXIV.

Same :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Voted 5 to counteract Rarity's anti-social posting

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

SquareEnix should start paying me a recruitment bonus

It's an NFT

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

pokemon go to the polls

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

lmao forgot how funny this vid is

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

the disco elysium edit is funny too

https://twitter.com/FloFluoro/status/1524513580493819904

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

mutata posted:

I thought these were new SA thread tags.

they can be, if you believe enough

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1554483095260110848

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I think I now have access to every single Yakuza game through Game Pass and PS Plus now

I'm still not going to install them but it's funny I keep getting thrown them

Play the Yakuzas

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

*coughs in THAC0*

This is why OSE is the best version of B/X, because it added ascending AC

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Open world, three storylines to follow, one is the gym battles, no set order, big gimmick is crystals, I also think it's not turn based anymore.

oh so it's a final fantasy now

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

what about a new pokimane

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Shindragon posted:

i think more than anything i need another rpg to sink my teeth into. Yakuza like a Dragon felt like a breath of fresh air. I see you guys talking about ff14 alot.

What do you like, there are many types of RPGs

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

pooper

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

that's a strong cat

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Are there any online games that are good for having fun and making friends?

iracing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

galenanorth posted:

sometimes I wonder how game companies decide on regional box covers, like how Nintendo decided Europe would like

while America would like

They decided NA will always get the worst box art

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gripweed posted:

You literally quoted the opposite of that

exception that proves the rule :smuggo:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I keep meaning to try plugging a controller in to FFXIV so I can play it on my big comfy couch

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Healing is so stressful for me, idk how you guys do it.

Seeing a party member’s hp drop, I hit them with a heal... or try to. Turns out they were out of range and my heal didn’t go off. And I didn’t notice, until it’s too late. They die, and I die of embarrassment

My favourite part of playing as a white mage was running up to groups of enemies and Holying them down. Yep my favourite part was dpsing

The secret to being a good healer is that you need to understand any time a DPS dies it is their own fault.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I level all the classes together so I tank, heal and dps. I'm a triple threat, baby :smug:

you are the triple triad

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

It's a great time to be play video games, after all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

There is apparently 1 game on the PS5, then.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it is the official position of the Something Awful moderation staff that the PlayStation 5 has one (1) game

We will leave that up to the PS5 thread to debate.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

I made a modpack for BotW but I kind of want to put it somewhere, not for internet clout, but because I need some people to help me find poo poo lmao. Anyone want to play this with me? I could make a thread with all the files and stuff.

I got the airship mod, the cooking pot from wood mod, the wolf that never goes away, the random combos, Linkle of course, gotta have linkle, Then spells, hyrule rebalance, mod that makes the house not lame, crafting, motorcycle overhaul, and boardable lord of the mountain, then relics of the past so that I have a reason to use all the OP stuff. Which is a hardcore mod, but it's hardcore by adding a ton of enemies, upgrading them, making the shrine puzzles harder, re-arranging the map stuff like that. I was going to add the mod that lets you fly but if you have an airship maybe not? Music overhaul because I thought the "music" wasn't enough oomph.

I guess I could throw the split screen mod in there too so you could play with your friends?

Originally I was going to do a let's play, but I can't remember where the first divine tower is on the great plateau, and I found so much different stuff when running around that I realized it'd just be too much work. Would a repack that you just unzip and play be :filez:? Would there even be any interest in other people running this with me?

mod list:

This is cool as hell you should make a thread for it or post a PMF of it at the very least.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

The admins know that I can never be a mod again because I'm evil now and could not be trusted not to probate people for bad video game opinions

going to flip your avatar horizontally so everyone knows

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Hidanko Kushima

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

haha what posted:

e: 2 protect identitties

please refrain from importing offsite drama this could be an elaborate fake