Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

VideoGames posted:

I love video gaming :)

This month, on stream, I will be finishing Majora's Mask, playing FFX and playing Stray. *Marge simpson I just think they are neat gif*

In my own time I started a game that I have been promising Cheetah I would try for a long while. I have begun Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX and will be thought posting about that.

Currently I have recruited my first party member! Regina Curtis.

The names in this are wild, but so far Keithgriff Hazeldine is melodic in ways of the Romantic poets.

It seems like a very relaxing kind of game, even with the time limits. 3 years to learn about some flowers seems tremendously doable and luckily moving around the place takes a couple of days. 3 days is about 1% of time so I think it is good to have it as a directive but not too restrictive.

I really like the idea of getting bonuses from writing in the diary and committing to words the actions you took, but that you have to actually make the memories to write them down (memory points being what you use to make those commitments.) It is a game mechanic I have not seen before and I love surprises :)

ronpaulitshappening.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
we should test his limits, for science. Just give him a series of worse and worse games until we finally find one he doesn't like

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
absolutely insane to say ffxiv has bad music imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I DON'T GIVE A poo poo ABOUT YOUR SODDING BACKSTORY AS A VINTNER JUST TELL ME HOW TO BEAT TITAN I SWEAR TO loving GOD

this is the exact arc I had in mind when I kept telling you arr was structured as a series of short stories lol

the vintner isn't distracting you from the content. he is the content

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I think of wineport I think of how you had to physically go there in a party to access coil back in the day

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Boosting attack makes numbers go up. Boosting defense makes numbers go down. Not even a contest really

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The catgirls are also you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
as a general rule, in ARR they make lip service to the idea that you have random adventurer buddies, in heavensward they pretend you solo it, in stormblood they make jokes about how absurd it is, and in shadowbringers and endwalker it's canon you do it with npc party members

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

no offense to atelier fans but the fact they're yearly releases and look similar doesn't give me the best impression of the series

what

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the 3ds games with xp share off and a rule to not buy consumables (but using ones you find is okay) was the perfect difficulty for me

im caremad that you can't toggle xp share off in swish

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

What’s wrong with xp sharing? Seems like a nice simple QoL change to me
I love to share my xp

well in theory nothing, but the way they implemented it was to give every backliner 50% xp on top of the frontliner getting 100% xp so it's quadrupaling your xp on a full team. The 3ds games were about right difficulty wise without quadrupaled xp, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
e: wrong thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
clearly the solution is to pull more and play perfectly so nobody talks to you at all

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
rez macros are all bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
believe me I'm judging bad dps even harder than bad healers and tanks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the only reason nobody says anything is they can't tell which dps is the bad one without admitting to parsing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Whats a good, crunchy, not super story-focussed rpg on switch I could try?

Shin megami tensei 5

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if smt is too much reading for you you don't want an rpg

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I remote into my work computer and shitpost on my personal computer's browser, not the remote desktop's browser

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The goty is the one with the anime characters I like the most

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Games should be rated on two axes: how much you hoot, and how much you holler

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Tetris ranks low in hooting and hollering imo, and yet it’s perfect ??

Sounds like a poo poo game op

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I placed endwalker correctly, right below blue reflection 2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Think she's already married

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's okay...i get it...you hate ayesha...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Fighting on the frontlines

who is tran

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
witches are cool imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Sassy witches are old hat by now. Now it's all about ball-stomping witches

crass

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What is the Atelier series, what does it appeal to, and which would be the best one to start with?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955050&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post511562116
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881471#post492321267

First post is my attempt to describe what makes it so special to me, second post is a brief summary of each game along with my recommended starting points

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

In order, A bad series of bargain bin RPG's, Nobody but the deranged, and none of the above

die

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Stux gets probated for this kind of post

i will die like i lived: saying atelier is good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Muscle Tracer posted:

the... the what? and why are you posting in german???

Rarity posted:

cheetah was saying 'the'

the two of you now have to fight over whose joke this is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Muscle Tracer posted:

rarity can have it, she needs SOMETHING other than ffxiv in her life

lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the hands are also perverts

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

reported

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
would rather the other person die, personally

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

whoa i didn't know god of war turned backwards on the pro, like twilight princess on the wii

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if you've been mainlining the msq all the way into stormblood, I recommend cooling off for a bit. Do some of the optional content from previous expansions. The talking:fighting ratio is way different in something like Alexander or Void Ark. Or even just unsub and come back later. You're essentially playing multiple full games back to back and it's not really surprising you burn yourself out trying to mainline multiple hundreds of hours of any game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm sure a quick ask on your newly joined fc will get a bunch of bites for newbie bonus on Alex or warring triad. Or hell, if youre on primal, ask in this thread! I've been known to join newbies for first time content runs

The only meaningful story content not in roulettes is coil, though, so if that's what you based your experience on its worth trying again with something that is in a roulette. Maybe an hour just is what it takes for Alex to pop in dps though idk I haven't tried in a very long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i recommend atelier