Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom is the best Wes Anderson film, I'm glad we agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Are there any online games that are good for having fun and making friends?

Why online?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like someone doesn't realize the secret to making friends is to play smash tv

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The idea was interesting but the execution was incredibly poo poo. The coop in resistance 2. Soldiers just stood there with their shields. Spec ops were constantly tossing ammo and being lovely dps, and the healers just kept the trigger held down against endless waves of enemies that barely had ai.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wanna hear the track

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Naw I found it, it's great

Flying on a cloud like Goku, your bitches pussy smells like tofu

This is what true art is

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Michiru was great

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's very little reading in V

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

真・女神転生V

It's only six tho

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even as a huge dew head and member of dew nation. There's too many drat flavors coming out. I thought it was nuts when KFC and Dollar General both got one, but now it's LTO one and exclusives and energy drinks. It's diluting the brand.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's pop not soda

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

2000 Deus ex released

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Terror from the deep 2 died for this marvel trash

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Remember when that candle tipped over and it looked like cum

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PS5 isn't allowed to have games

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The steamumms segment on giantbomb is the funniest poo poo of all time

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is this a sex thing, cause it sounds like a sex thing

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What is the Atelier series, what does it appeal to, and which would be the best one to start with?

In order, A bad series of bargain bin RPG's, Nobody but the deranged, and none of the above

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Baller Time posted:

What
no

why
NO

Lmao who does this even appeal to? Weird flying foot fetish haha
What's the game btw

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even if you don't actually care about what you're arguing about it's important to pick a side and then be willing to die defending it no matter how untenable your position.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I will only swear my life to Kim Wexler

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SMT

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The games are all do different it's hard to rate them. Digimon world 1 is a very esoteric pet raising sim where you need to keep agumon from making GBS threads on your carpet. World 2 is a dungeon crawler with 3 man teams where you throw toy sailboats at war greymon to become friends, 3 is a standard rpg with gorgeous visuals and mind numbingly tedious gameplay and godawful load times. The DS series is much more standardized, but the evolution unlocks require species experience from defeating mons, so you end up grinding the same mobs over and over to get cool mons. The PS4 games were more smt influenced and are generally good, but extremely budget and have awful aesthetics for a series that's usually creative

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'll make one

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I feel bad that Forspoken is getting clowned on so badly now because I know one guy in particular over there had hopes (hoped? still hopes?) that Forspoken would be for video games what Black Panther was for cinema in his own words. And since last fall when we first got preview impressions of the game it feels like the game itself is going out of its way to say, "This isn't going to be the industry paradigm shift you're looking for."

Why would he think that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I ain't even gonna lie. The dialogue was so cringe I didn't event notice the main was black. Lmao they really hosed up with that poo poo.

That said the idea that we shouldn't criticize something because it might turn negative is false. Stupid poo poo should be criticized harshly. Not only because it's awful and they need to do better, but studios have obviously been using the false positivity engendered by the new sincerity crowd to shovel loads of poo poo onto our plate. If something sucks say it sucks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crunch wrap is okay, the breakfast ones are better. Cheesy Gordita Crunch tho, that's the 🐐

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Taco Bell owns dude

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All the souls games do have positive ends though. It's a very optimistic series

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

tlon, uqbar, kirbis tertius

I understood this reference but can't think of a witty joke to respond with.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Berserk owns. Golden age arc is overrated

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

In America they call is Persona 5 Quarter Pounder with Cheese

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

More like Afrikants

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even Mr.Mime

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

2 doesn't have first person dungeons

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Is FFVII one of those RPGs where you can grind a bit and get strong enough to breeze through the plot fights, or is it one of those dumb RPGs where bosses get stronger with you?

The first

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The game is super easy though too, you never need to grind

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm actually really impressed with bloodstained. The 3d models continue to suck and make gameplay harder than it should be. But it's got that big sotn energy where there's a ton of weird secrets and hidden poo poo. Plus a full cooking system, very cool

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

Bloodstained is a good game, yes. It has lots of weird janky bits and the graphics feel cheap (and feel extremely cheap riiiiiight at the end) but its got the right heart and more content than you'd expect for a first foray.

My biggest problem is they didn't abandon the tail end and in 2022 strange stretch goals like adding the protagonist from Child of Light and just shift focus entirely to Bloodstained 2.

On the other hand seeing constant backer emails is the only reason I remembered it existed. I do wish they'd just move everything over to the hopefully pixelated sequel though.

Vermain posted:

I think the final version of the models for Bloodstained aren't half bad. Spending the past few years learning to do art for video games has admittedly given me an appreciation for how goddamn hard it is on a budget, so I might just be more lenient in my assessment.

Rembrandt was painting gorgeous dutchists back in the sixties, eighty years later and gamists can barely render hair right, it's honestly embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The thing Arcsys does is very effort intensive, I don't think you could really do it for the hundreds of enemy models in a metroidvania game

to get that 2d look they actually hand-adjust the lighting and normals for every frame of every animation

Doesn't matter, they should do it