Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

How dare someone else sticky this thread before I had the opportunity--

oh wait it was probably VideoGames I can't be mad at VideoGames

enjoy Ayesha, VG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You're not even landlord of this thread I'm paying rent to Jay Rust to sleep under the thread ratings

voted five to make sure it gives you maximum shelter

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This month I'm playing the final two cases of the Great Ace Attorney 2, which I had been saving since... May? I've managed to really savour this game. It's so, so, so good.

I'm also playing the Octopath gacha, which is kind of incredible for being a completely free* rpg. I don't like all the writing, but that's the same as the original game so I guess they're just being true to themselves. My favourite character is the single mother with a deadbeat ex who hunts monsters to get food on the table for her kids.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Walla posted:

I'm on the second case of GAA2. It's fun! Unfortunately it's something that the kid and I can only play on the weekends because 2 people with ADHD playing a VN will take forever. I think the first game took us 60 hours to get through.

It's definitely very long! I think that's a nice way to experience it though, kinda like a weekly storytime. I'm glad I spaced it out personally, it's made the experience more valuable.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Walla posted:

That's been our thing for the past year. We went through the first 2 Ace Attorney games, Nirvana Initiative and now GAA 2. I think we might get 13 Sentinels next.

13 Sentinels would be a perfect choice! It would be some fun for both of you to theorise about what's happening. Great game.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

good dogs

my very pregnant dog is in the stage where she is constantly demanding either the toilet or to have her paws held

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

bersey

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

So I'm on Turnabout for Tomorrow in Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and I have a question.

So I just got to the reveal about the robot repair/dismantler table being used on a person and I swear I've seen this exact thing in another game somewhere but I cannot for the life of me remember where. Do any of you have any clue what other games had that as a plot point, that someone died because they got put onto a ro- ah fuckin poo poo I was thinking about hitman lmao well gently caress it, gonna finish typing this post anyway. Don't you just love when you're trying to remember something so you go to ask and it's only when you're asking that you suddenly remember?

there is no longer a question.

I do this constantly

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

Atelier is one of the greatest series in gaming.

Congratulations to Cheetah on the new convert

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I mostly use the PS4 that i bought during lockdown out of desperation to play Death Stranding to now access the disney+ app so I can piggyback off my sister's subscription

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

someone's on a shopping spree

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I finished the great ace attorney chronicles after savouring it for over a year, and that is a fantastic game!!! The second one is immediately my favourite ace attorney game ever. I love the cast to bits, the cases are all fun and compelling, and the dialogue is absolutely stellar. A little bit sad to be done with it!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you for this, I'm in the wrong timezone to ever catch his streams but they sound hilarious and fun/

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

with the discussion of goo i'm choosing to imagine this speech was a throwback to the nickolodeon slimings of old

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

i finished cult of the lamb - it took ten hours or so - and in final estimation i think that it's pretty middling, charming visual style aside. the game's various parts loop into each other in a way that is pretty compelling but i'm not sure any part is more than okay. the combat section is low on variety and high on enemies that feel like bloated hp sacks. there's like, 3 or 4 weapon types and 4 or 5 spell types with some reskins with slightly different passive effects available. the various upgrade cards you get have no real impact on playstyle. plus, a lot of the combat just feels a bit off - hitting enemies tends to push you apart in a way that makes it feel kind of messy, and when you can cancel into a dodge roll doesn't feel quite right sometimes. there aren't really enough interest non-combat rooms to make the runs feel very distinct either. sitting here i could not tell you about a run that stood out as particularly good or bad, they all kind of blend together.

the town building is cute but also very thin. despite having 5 tiers of building upgrades they run out of actual new toys around tier 3 and the rest is just kind of meaningless upgrades. the outhouse having a bigger poo poo container or being able to send out two missionaries instead of one just never mattered. the most important upgrade in the entire thing is probably on the 4th tier where you can make it so your cultists will actually harvest the crops in addition to planting and watering them, though this also eliminates the only real job you need to handle besides cooking. basically the running of the town is not particularly involved or interesting but there are a decent amount of decoration items so there is some room to have a good time customizing your space.

i don't think the game is bad, but it's probably a 6 or a 7 and i think if you go into it with genre expectations from either the roguelite or town builder end you might be disappointed at how little there actually is on offer here.

also the fishing minigame is just a less fun version of stardew valley's.

moving this into "probably not buying" now. seems like it's better to go for a game that does one of those things good rather than both averagely.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Report: my dog had nine puppies.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

hatty posted:

How can you post news like that but provide no pictures?

I am sadly not allowed. The puppies are destined to be service dogs and the organisation requests you not post pictures until the puppies reach six weeks. So set a countdown!

Gripweed posted:

Wen we took in a pregnant cat I was not prepared for how much a litter of kittens would poo poo. I imagine a litter of puppies produce even more.

Fortunately, because they are destined to be service dogs she went and gave birth at their nursery so I don't have to worry about any of that stuff! But also I don't get to meet them for six weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

haveblue posted:

Post pictures after they stop looking like weird little wet rats

they look more like potatoes atm